Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2013, 18:48   #6871
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

<<Posted this in the Verna Test Drive thread to get some owner views. >>
<<Posting here, since this is the place to post such queries.>>

In my search for LED DRLS for my 2012 Fluidic Verna, I have finally zeroed in on this. It is through a seller in China, he has agreed to send it for USD 30 + shipping.

What do you ppl think, is it worth it? Any other sugestions are always welcome.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_1569.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_1577.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_1612.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_1617.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_1626.jpg
Old 24th January 2013, 23:09   #6872
BHPian

Installed OCN fog lamps on my Xing today.
750/- for the pair of lamps, 150/- for labour.

Much better than my earlier ones. Illumination is not much for normal road use, but is kinda bright in unlit surroundings. For example, inside the hospital campus I live in, illumination was adequate for driving at 20 kmph. But anyways, the purpose of the fog lamps is, more than to illuminate the road, to be seen on the road, right?
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20130124_192158_984.jpg  

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 24th January 2013 at 23:09. Reason: Spelling
Old 24th January 2013, 23:16   #6873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Installed OCN fog lamps on my Xing today.
750/- for the pair of lamps, 150/- for labour.

Much better than my earlier ones. Illumination is not much for normal road use, but is kinda bright in unlit surroundings. For example, inside the hospital campus I live in, illumination was adequate for driving at 20 kmph. But anyways, the purpose of the fog lamps is, more than to illuminate the road, to be seen on the road, right?
Try finding better bulb, ask your nearby accessory guy for the same. I am sure, you'll be a happy man after this.

BTW what's the MRP on the box ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
<<Posted this in the Verna Test Drive thread to get some owner views. >>
<<Posting here, since this is the place to post such queries.>>

In my search for LED DRLS for my 2012 Fluidic Verna, I have finally zeroed in on this. It is through a seller in China, he has agreed to send it for USD 30 + shipping.

What do you ppl think, is it worth it? Any other sugestions are always welcome
The fog lamps will work with this DRLs ?

If you really want DRLs, then why not install the stuff which hella, philips provide ?

Last edited by sameerg001 : 24th January 2013 at 23:20.
Old 24th January 2013, 23:25   #6874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
...BTW what's the MRP on the box ?...
MRP on the box is 700/-
The guy says the MRP is deliberately put low, to avoid taxes. And he insisted on 950/- initially. I said not a penny more than MRP (at least!). Then he goes into begging mode. Finalised at 750/- considering that he sourced it exclusively for me in 2 days!

And regarding the bulb, all I know's that its a 27W one. Do I need to know more to look aorund for better bulbs??
Old 24th January 2013, 23:31   #6875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MRP on the box is 700/-
The guy says the MRP is deliberately put low, to avoid taxes. And he insisted on 950/- initially. I said not a penny more than MRP (at least!). Then he goes into begging mode. Finalised at 750/- considering that he sourced it exclusively for me in 2 days!

And regarding the bulb, all I know's that its a 27W one. Do I need to know more to look aorund for better bulbs??
The guy is asking too much of money, I am pretty sure, There is around 25-30% discount on MRP. Anyways, Just head to your nearest accessories guy, Ask him regarding bulb.

You don't need to know anything, just head to any accessories shop and ask him, If he has better bulb available or not, as simple as that

Should cost you around 150bucks for upgrade, this is what i paid for the same, But i forgot which bulb it was
Old 25th January 2013, 09:49   #6876
Senior - BHPian

The easiest way is to take out the bulb and note before fitment. I remember a long discussion and hunt for another member which did not yield the information I for one an seriously looking at replacing the fog bulbs with a 3000K HID kit. I have it on order and expect it by the middle of February. I will first do the Civic (no removal of bumper to access the fog) and if it works out then the Brio. Why the fogs - no legal hassles.
Old 25th January 2013, 10:46   #6877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
MRP on the box is 700/-

All OE Hyundai's use H27 type socket for fog bulbs. I would suggest buy a philips H27 bulb. They are the best in the market
Old 25th January 2013, 10:51   #6878
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
All OE Hyundai's use H27 type socket for fog bulbs. I would suggest buy a philips H27 bulb. They are the best in the market
But also remember the bulb will be H27 if the fog lamp assembly is OE. If you fit an aftermarket assembly, then the bulb type will also be different.

From the box that geo posted it looks like it is an OE Xing assembly so ideally it should be H27 as you said.
Old 25th January 2013, 23:17   #6879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
...From the box that geo posted it looks like it is an OE Xing assembly so ideally it should be H27 as you said.
The bulb indeed was H27. Didn't know the 'H' had to be mentioned!!
Old 28th January 2013, 16:18   #6880
AGP
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I am novice on the Car modification and technical things. Tomorrow, I will get delivery of my dream car Ertiga VXI and I would like to install interior lights especially door lights. I have to look in the market for them. Kindly please let me know about warranty issue if done from outside.

Also please suggest what kind of lights I should choose (My max budget is 10k). If anybody knows good dealer/installer from Mumbai for customized lighting and have some very good products, please share their contact details.

Thanks,

Anil
Old 28th January 2013, 20:38   #6881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Did you by any chance get the HID bulbs fitted in your XUV. If so which brand, what was the price and where?

I had checked with one of the RM's and the person mentioned switching to HID lights for the low beam is surely going to result in warranty loss, though there is no need of any cutting. Reason provided was HID bulbs are going to use more voltage and thereby would affect the LED parking lights. This might result in some of the LED lights conking off and the whole light unit will have to be replaced. Cost would be around 11000Rs.

One of the A.S.S guys gave me a suggestion he was providing customers approaching him with this enquiry. Replace the bulbs with HID. However, ensure to know some outside mechanic who can replace the bulbs with the normal ones before bringing in the car to the service centre. That way the warranty stays. But my doubt is if the Light unit needs to be replaced, would the HID lights leave some kind of burning marks within the projector that would be a give away.

FundaG

As Naveen mentioned, the A.S.S folks can mislead you to make you buy their own products.

As far as HID and the warranty bit is concerned, I have narrowed down to Philips. The only concern for me is the warranty as different XUV owners seem to have been told differently by their respective RM's and SA's. I even heard that M&M is planning to launch HID kits for XUV's at their A.S.S outlets that will be covered under warranty, i.e. if you buy their HID kits, warranty will not be void. I intend to talk to somebody in M&M and understand if that is a fact and not just a rumor.

I would recommend that you not do anything to void the warranty for the XUV since there are quite a few issues/niggles that are being resolved under warranty.

Cheers.
X
Old 28th January 2013, 21:55   #6882
BHPian

For all those interesred in custom HID projector kits, Reliance Autozone in Bangalore is seliing a brand called Genome for 18k MRP including fitment charges. These are retro fit projectors.
Saw them fitting it on a red figo and it looked brilliant.
Old 28th January 2013, 22:40   #6883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
For all those interesred in custom HID projector kits, Reliance Autozone in Bangalore is seliing a brand called Genome for 18k MRP including fitment charges. These are retro fit projectors.
Saw them fitting it on a red figo and it looked brilliant.
Overpriced.
Theyre available for between 12-15k on the net.In fact, theres a listing right here for 13.5k. more than 1k for installation is thievery, in my mind.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 22:59   #6884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Overpriced.
Theyre available for between 12-15k on the net.In fact, theres a listing right here for 13.5k. more than 1k for installation is thievery, in my mind.
You bet they are. My friend got the same + angel eyes for his Polo at 7.5k complete from JC road last week. And they work great with all the headlamp levelling and everything intact.

Though the JC road one is of suspect quality, but repairing it would cost very less upto a maximum of 2k inr. Plus its locally serviceable.

Till now this is the lowest price ive ever heard. Still testing it out. Will post after one month if any problems turn up. Fingers crossed.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 00:34   #6885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The bulb indeed was H27. Didn't know the 'H' had to be mentioned!!
I finally got this Philips bulb for my accent fog lamp.

Costed me 180/- for a bulb.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130129_003301.png
Views: 2368
Size:  402.3 KB

This is the bulb which came with OCN fog lamp.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130129_003327.png
Views: 1808
Size:  405.6 KB

Will change it tomorrow and update.

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 29th January 2013 at 00:35.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks