Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-448.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo1787 (Post 2988336)
I need to install an HID Kit in my Swift Vdi's Fogs. Iam using Phillips 100/130 bulbs in the headlight and they have been doing their duty rather well.
I believe 3000k HID is the best suited for fogs??
HID Gurus kindly help me out. Please suggest the best brands,availability in Delhi and offcourse the Vitamin-M.
Thanks

Hi have just installed the following in my car and must say the results are outstanding.
Blazer Fog Light Stage III Kit (BlazerIII)
Projectors Blazer Fog Light Modules (Clear Lens)
Bulbs 880: Morimoto 3Five 3000K
Ballasts Morimoto 3Five (35w)
The whole set up cost me under 13k including installation, I had ordered the lights online. I would recommend that you go in for a projector if you plan to install HID’s, you can check online for the brands available (hella has some but the last I checked the price was around 24k for a HID projector set you can check the hella website http://www.hella.co.in/Category.aspx?Id=9).

Quote:

Originally Posted by dexter78 (Post 2988385)
Hi have just installed the following in my car and must say the results are outstanding.
Blazer Fog Light Stage III Kit (BlazerIII)
Projectors Blazer Fog Light Modules (Clear Lens)
Bulbs 880: Morimoto 3Five 3000K
Ballasts Morimoto 3Five (35w)
The whole set up cost me under 13k including installation, I had ordered the lights online. I would recommend that you go in for a projector if you plan to install HID’s, you can check online for the brands available (hella has some but the last I checked the price was around 24k for a HID projector set you can check the hella website http://www.hella.co.in/Category.aspx?Id=9).

Thanks for the prompt reply Dexter78,
Can you please upload some pics with the HID lamps switched on.
Also please provide me a link where I can purchase the Blazer Fog lamp Kit Stage III. Is it similar to the Hella Micro xenon lights??

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameerg001 (Post 2987686)
4300k is the ideal, For almost all the conditions

About legality, I am pretty sure, There isn't any such issue regarding this.

4300K is the nearest to a normal headlamp (NB / XtremeVision are 4300k). As for legality the chances that an HID will be considered illegal. Even a projector is in a grey area.

HID in a fog may not excite such issues!

Quote:

2700/3000K is yellow, and ideal for fogs. Anything lower will start becoming reddish. The lower the colour temperature the better the fog penetration, and lower the back scatter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo1787 (Post 2988476)
Thanks for the prompt reply Dexter78,
Can you please upload some pics with the HID lamps switched on.
Also please provide me a link where I can purchase the Blazer Fog lamp Kit Stage III. Is it similar to the Hella Micro xenon lights??

Hi Turbo1787
The pic’s are below (first 3 are just the fog lights) and the last one is the low beam without the fog. I had ordered this from http://www.theretrofitsource.com, they don’t have them listed on the site anymore. You could drop a mail to them asking if they can source them for you.

Cheers

One of the high beam bulbs in my santro has stopped working. I'm going to be getting new bulbs. The stock lights were awful. The high beam and the dipper both. What would you guys recommend? which bulbs? I'm looking for something a little white. and I'm not keen on any cutting or modifcation.
thanks in advance!

@promit; It is very likely that the front 'glass' of the Xing is badly scratched. You first polish it with Wet and Dry paper, 1000, 1500, 2000 grit successively keeping the paper wet at all times, and then with Formula 1 Scratch Out. Can do a lot of good. I just did the Scratch Out bit on my 2007 Santro AT and it helped. I also heat that there are people offering this repolishing service.

Then you may change the bulbs to NightBreaker or Xtreme Power. These are stock wattage, 4300K and have about 30-50% more light.

@ Dexter 78: Wonderful pics. Thanks. I will drop in a mail and ask them if it can be sourced.
@ Sgiitk: Thank You Sir, I will Keep that in Mind.

Also which HID Bulb is OEM in BMWs and Audis, they seem to be the perfect shade of off-white?? Is it 4300K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo1787 (Post 2990195)
@ Dexter 78: Wonderful pics. Thanks. I will drop in a mail and ask them if it can be sourced.
@ Sgiitk: Thank You Sir, I will Keep that in Mind.

Also which HID Bulb is OEM in BMWs and Audis, they seem to be the perfect shade of off-white?? Is it 4300K.

4300k is exactly white and is ideal, under that is off-white and over that is blue and eventually purple at 12000k one must also note that certain shades of colours can be noticed externally based on the way projectors direct light however from inside a beemer the colour spread across the tarmac is simply white

Quote:

I need to install an HID Kit in my Swift Vdi's Fogs. Iam using Phillips 100/130 bulbs in the headlight and they have been doing their duty rather well.
HID Gurus kindly help me out. Please suggest the best brands,availability in Delhi and offcourse the Vitamin-M.
Thanks

Fellow BHP'ian ACMohan has changed his fogs to 3000K HID as DIY.
Check this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...uki-swift.html

You can contact him for further details.

@ IshaanIan: Thanks for the clarification.
@ Sommos: Yes, just checked out that thread. Thanks for the link.
I think I shall also go ahead and get 3000k HIDs for the foglamps. Much more practical than 4300K /6000K for foglamp purposes.
Though, the light output seems to have a green tinge???

There are guys offering to clean up the lens on the lights up and even change the reflectors. How dependable would the resealing be once the front is opened up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderernomad (Post 2991936)
There are guys offering to clean up the lens on the lights up and even change the reflectors. How dependable would the resealing be once the front is opened up?

The opening and resealing is easy enough to be a DIY.
How is he planning to change the reflectors?
As far as I know, makers do not release it as a standalone, only with the whole headlamp as a unit. Plus, it's a very delicate thing, the reflector.

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo1787 (Post 2991931)
I think I shall also go ahead and get 3000k HIDs for the foglamps. Much more practical than 4300K /6000K for foglamp purposes.
Though, the light output seems to have a green tinge???

The light should be Yellow, I think, and not green.

Colour Temp (K) Colour Description:
3000k : Yellow light (suitable for fog lights)
4300k : White light with tinges of yellow.
5000K : PURE WHITE LIGHT.
6000K : White light with tinges of blue
8000K : Distinct blue color light
10000K : Bluish-green light
12000K : Bluish-purplish light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grr7 (Post 2987672)

4. Have shortlisted 3 brands: Osram NB+, Philips Xtreme Vision and Narva. There are mixed reviews over life of these bulbs and improvement vs stock setup. Which one would be the best fit. (More inclined for some Made in Germany bulbs due to better QC and built).

Hi,
I have been using NB+(made in germany) in my civic high beam. They are a definite improvement. No doubts about that. Beam goes much much farther, is less yellow and visibly brighter.
If you dont want to put in higher wattage 100/130 bulbs or HID projectors, please go for NB+.

I have just put in NB+ in my Brio. Let me see how they work out.

The greenish tinge may be the auto colour correction of the camera playing up.