Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-436.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk

If you wait for about 3 weeks, I'll be putting up a DIY.
Maybe you can then use optimal parts.

Oh i can wait, and i will DImyself only if i know what "brand", size specs i should be using. I am happy to do the rest myself starting with my Santro then a logan and with little bit of perfection on ma Figo!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_U_N (Post 2949076)
The entire white light (4300K) seems to get absorbed by the road mysteriously. This effect is observed more in city conditions where we have the yellow halogen street lights present.

I completely agree with you. I keep wondering why this happens. And its not limited to HIDs. I have 6000K HID in the stock fog location and 100/90 in the headlamps. They perform brilliantly in the dry and are excellent on the highways as well. But come rain, and they suck! I guess its because of the oil and muck on the roads which scatter the light. Plus the 'stuck on high-beam' idiots from the opposite side dont help matters either.

All I can do is slow down to a crawl, watch the edge of the road and keep an eye on the brake lights in front. Praying helps too ;)

I must mention that at times I've found it better to just keep the fogs on. The low lighting position keeps reflected light to a minimum and helps to an extent. However this is not useful when driving over 50 kmph.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFS_1980
Thanks Sameer, This is for bling factor but with no intention to compromise on visibility. The setup included Hid of 6K only

I won't suggest you to ahead with 6k hid's as they are pretty much useless in rain and foggy conditions.

4300k is what I suggest to every one opting for projectors.

Cheers,
Sameer

Going to install 4300K HIDs of P8 brand today evening. Hope the illumination would be much better in the night. :)

Will share feedback tonight and also share photos of comparison between the HIDs and philips halogen I had [fortunately I remembered to take photos last night].

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFS_1980 (Post 2951871)
Well Ajay, thanks for the feedback, it will help a little more of you can suggest "these" better bi-xenon pk's and possible way i can get them. Thanks.

In Bangalore, I remember seeing some good quality units at Hot Tracks on Victoria Road. But I never checked the prices so I am not sure if those projector units will be ~15K [hot tracks is always pricey].

I also remember seeing a few pieces on some shops in J.C road, where some of those units also looked nice [with just projectors with angel eyes, no demon eyes]. Just take a walk around the area and you will find..

Hope this helps. If price is not a problem, check with Hot Tracks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay
Just take a walk around the area and you will find..

Hope this helps. If price is not a problem, check with Hot Tracks.

I am not in Bangalore, to star with, but i can look around if anyone has a recommended list of name for projector units.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFS_1980 (Post 2952265)
I am not in Bangalore, to star with, but i can look around if anyone has a recommended list of name for projector units.

Sorry, my bad. Failed to see your location and also assumed you were in B'lore since you were asking further.

Update: I've gotten the P8 brand 4300K 35W HIDs on my car's projector headlight setup. The spread is amazing, high beam lights the entire road up. Just fantastic. Fit at EVO, cambridge layout. Sathya was impressed with the stock projectors. :)

It has practically rendered my fog lamps [where were powerful] literally useless. Also night vision was no problem and could clearly see wet roads [it rained just before I got them fit]. The 4300K are more yellow-ish than they are white [which is a good thing].

Worth the buy. P8 brand comes with 1 year warranty on the entire kit. got late back home so didn't take photos of the HIDs. Will take them tomorrow night and post up.

Hello friends, Need a suggestion for driving light placement in New Honda City fog light space. I was considering Hella Micro DE, but they are fog lights. I have not been able to get hold of any other option.

How will be those chinese made small lights and retro fitting them with HID. I want light to go into original space of Fog light only and not anywhere alse

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay

Sorry, my bad. Failed to see your location and also assumed you were in B'lore since you were asking further.

Update: I've gotten the P8 brand 4300K 35W HIDs on my car's projector headlight setup. The spread is amazing, high beam lights the entire road up. Just fantastic. Fit at EVO, cambridge layout. Sathya was impressed with the stock projectors. :)

It has practically rendered my fog lamps [where were powerful] literally useless. Also night vision was no problem and could clearly see wet roads [it rained just before I got them fit]. The 4300K are more yellow-ish than they are white [which is a good thing].

Worth the buy. P8 brand comes with 1 year warranty on the entire kit. got late back home so didn't take photos of the HIDs. Will take them tomorrow night and post up.

Thats great!! Will wait for a more detailed instruction set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay (Post 2952716)

Good buy! Especially since you already had the projectors factory fitted!

How much did it cost ? Where did you purchase it ? Does it come with a wiring harness?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 2952823)
Good buy! Especially since you already had the projectors factory fitted!

How much did it cost ? Where did you purchase it ? Does it come with a wiring harness?

Cost - Rs. 7750 [I got a small discount on this price, which was based on familiarity/relationship]
Purchased: From EVO [cambridge layout].
Comes with all that is required to be installed [bulb, very slim/small ballast, relay wiring harness].

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFS_1980 (Post 2952798)
Thats great!! Will wait for a more detailed instruction set.

Thanks for your inputs [and others]. They helped decide.

Before the photos come up, I must admit I screwd up with the before and after pics. I forgot the exact spot on the road I took the photos with the halogens and then, I adjusted my location today, based on the previous photos to take snaps of the HIDs. I won't call this a 100% perfect test of difference, but it gives you an idea.

Halogen bulb - Low Beam
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1img_3864.jpg

Halogen bulb - High Beam
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1img_3865.jpg

HID - Low Beam 1
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1img_3867.jpg

HID - Low Beam 2
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1img_3870.jpg

HID - High Beeeeaaaammm
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1img_3868.jpg

Totally satisfied with Low beam. :) Possibly won't be needing high beam except for highway drives, its throw is awesome.

The low beam is so bright that it now renders my foglights useless.. :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay (Post 2953276)

Totally satisfied with Low beam. :) Possibly won't be needing high beam except for highway drives, its throw is awesome.

The low beam is so bright that it now renders my foglights useless.. :eek:

Great pics. Glad you are satisfied with the results. How about some pics showing the headlight assembly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2953408)
Great pics. Glad you are satisfied with the results. How about some pics showing the headlight assembly?

:) Yes, totally satisfied. Sure, I will arrange for that in a couple of days..

Have a query to City (ANHC) owners. I want to upgrade my headlight bulbs preferably without doing any wiring changes and affecting the warranty. Are the Philips Xtreme vision 60/55W still the recommended upgrade? Will that give me a considerable difference over the stock?

If opting for HID's . which is the best one? And any recommended shops in Bangalore here i can get it done..

@kap04 the Xtreme Cision and Osram Night Breakers are both valid options, and probably the same .

Quote:

Originally Posted by kap04 (Post 2955068)
Have a query to City (ANHC) owners. I want to upgrade my headlight bulbs preferably without doing any wiring changes and affecting the warranty. Are the Philips Xtreme vision 60/55W still the recommended upgrade? Will that give me a considerable difference over the stock?

Philips Xtreame Vision and Osram NB+ are almost the same and are viable options. The Osram NB+ are imported from Germany but the Philips XV are being manufactured in China.

Though they claim 30% improvement over the stock halogens but actually there is some improvement over the stock bulbs, I cannot define in percentage.

You can also try the 100/90 Philips Rally with relay and ceramic holders.