Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-422.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh (Post 2865697)
Looking to upgrade the lighting on my swift 1.3L. The stock is very inadequate for night drives. I usually start for Mysore from Bangalore on fridays around 20:30 and start to Bangalore at around the same time on Sunday. I have 90/100 bulbs but they are still not very confidence inspiring. I need to know if there is any HID kit for swift or do i need to go for axillary setup?

90/100 is the best option when compared to the stock setup. Since you are not satisfied with that you can consider aux setup. HID's on stock reflectors are nor recommended since light is easily scattered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2866139)
90/100 is the best option when compared to the stock setup. Since you are not satisfied with that you can consider aux setup. HID's on stock reflectors are nor recommended since light is easily scattered.

Thanks Naveen. How about if i install projectors and change the entire setup? I don't want to install HIDs on stock reflectors as its illegal. Do you know any conversion kit?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh (Post 2866294)
Thanks Naveen. How about if i install projectors and change the entire setup? I don't want to install HIDs on stock reflectors as its illegal. Do you know any conversion kit?

There are many projector kits available in the market today. You can either get the projector kits and fit it onto the existing assembly or get the entire assembly (like mine) and simply remove the oem headlights and fix this. Second option would be easier since it's just fitting the entire headlight unit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2866299)
There are many projector kits available in the market today. You can either get the projector kits and fit it onto the existing assembly or get the entire assembly (like mine) and simply remove the oem headlights and fix this. Second option would be easier since it's just fitting the entire headlight unit.

Yes the second option would be good. Could you let me know how much would it cost to change the entire setup? Long shot, but do you by any chance know any good shops in Bangalore who can do the installation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh (Post 2866322)
Yes the second option would be good. Could you let me know how much would it cost to change the entire setup? Long shot, but do you by any chance know any good shops in Bangalore who can do the installation?

I got it for the projectors for 15k and HID's for 7.5k around 2 years back. It's a bit hard to find these kits nowadays since they have increased the duties. So most of the shops have stopped importing these kits. Anyways, just give it a shot.

Try Evo, Ulsoor. They are mainly into ICE but just try talking to Satya. There's Final Touch, Mission Road. They didnt have aftermarket projectors when I went there a year back but said they can arrange it. Meet it's owner, Akash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2866331)
I got it for the projectors for 15k and HID's for 7.5k around 2 years back. It's a bit hard to find these kits nowadays since they have increased the duties. So most of the shops have stopped importing these kits. Anyways, just give it a shot.

Try Evo, Ulsoor. They are mainly into ICE but just try talking to Satya. There's Final Touch, Mission Road. They didnt have aftermarket projectors when I went there a year back but said they can arrange it. Meet it's owner, Akash.

Thanks. Just to know, how much would an auxiliary setup cost? I have seen some Hella, Neolite etc. Also want to understand the benefits of aux setup against HIDs. Are the aux lights removable when not needed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh (Post 2866339)
Thanks. Just to know, how much would an auxiliary setup cost? I have seen some Hella, Neolite etc. Also want to understand the benefits of aux setup against HIDs. Are the aux lights removable when not needed?

Not very sure on Aux setups. Think they will come around 4k-5k. It depends on how you install it. Many people usually cover the aux lights. If you want to remove think you will have to unscrew it. Sometimes while doing this, the clamps or bars will be visible. Maybe that's why most people prefer to cover it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by triedeverything (Post 2866108)
Did you try switching the bulb from the LHS to the RHS and then check...
Also, not so sure about the Vento, but in other vehicles I've had, there's usually at least two fuses per bulb.
Also, I'm not sure about the relay that may have been installed along with the harness when you upgraded to the 100/90.

Thanks. Problem is now sorted.

Showed the car to FNAG and the culprit was loose earthing for the RHS headlamp. Changed it over to another place and now everything is working fine. Learned the whole setup of 100/90 and relay, so now on I can do it myself DIY. Gave the guy 20 bucks for the work and educating me. Seems fine.

Those who have upgraded to Bi-xenon's, how are you managing the problem of "cannot flash during day time due to high surge current".

Does anyone use a relay like the one described here?
HOW TO: HID Timer: Delay On, Timer Off, Flash to Pass Safe Guide (Images Fixed)

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 2864328)
The low beam filament of the headlamp would have fused. A DIY replacement is the best way out. Same for the brake lights too. A phillips brake light costed me less than fifty and the headlamp costs less than 100 a piece.

Both the bulbs were replaced. there was already a spare front bulb given at the very start which i was carrying all the while in car tool kit bag!
my wifey found it when we had called up the maruti guys for servicing.
costed just 48rs for the rear bulb.

the service guys tried to charge 300+ rs for scheduled visit. but on asking to take the car to service centre, they simply ran away.

Guys anyone using Hella White Daylight 4400k H4 120/110W ? If so, are they any good ? Was considering Narva or Essential Vision. But a little look on the Hella website helped me find these.

guys any one ever heard of flosser bulbs ( from germany ), they were suggested to me by a local accessories shop, when i asked him about osram and philips bulbs.

a link to their website Flösser: Home

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R (Post 2868201)
Guys anyone using Hella White Daylight 4400k H4 120/110W ? If so, are they any good ?

Any bulb that has a coloured coating of any kind is bound to block some of the photons/lumen's and thats not a good thing. Get yourself Osram 100/80 or Philips rally 100/90 bulbs that have no blue coating. Going above 100watts for the high beam is not worth it especially for the over worked alternator. If you want anything better you would have to get Philips HID with 4300 kelvin bulbs. 6000kelvin HID are good for non rainy and non foggy days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhiram7912 (Post 2868236)
guys any one ever heard of flosser bulbs ( from germany ),

Looking into their product line up of the H4 variety I have a gut feeling that these are re-badged Hella bulbs. I could be wrong though.

Is anybody done a light output comparison in K (Kelvin) with Philips Rally 100/90 against Osram?

What is the best bulb in 100/90W Region in Terms of K?

Where we can get Original Philips Rally in Coimbatore?

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread! Also note that typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Hi guys I did a long trip of 550 kms yesterday and about 250 kms were done at night. I realized my Chevrolet Spark's headlights aren't adequate enough for the highways. So I'm going to upgrade them tomorrow.

I need your help. I'll go for the 100/90 ones but tell me which bulbs should I get.

I want White/light blue bulbs for the parking lights but confused whether I should get white or yellow ones for the low beam/ high beam.
Also what would be the approximate cost?

Kindly suggest. Thanks.