Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2012, 13:09   #6241
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I recently upgraded to Philips Extreme Vision for my Figo D.

This is a huge relief for me and its definetely worth if someones wants to improve lighting without voiding warranty or be beyond Law.

The brightness and light throw increased by atleast 50%. I contemplated between Osram NB+ and PEV and went ahead with PEV as I was worried about the life of NB+.

Got the lights at Murugan Auto Shop, North Usman Road, Chennai and got it replaced there itself. It costed 1050/- all together.

Price looks slightly on the higher side, but I did not want to venture into GP road and also lose time in Mount road traffic

Got a lot of inputs from TBHP and thanks to all the members who provided their inputs in various other threads regarding this issue
Old 12th July 2012, 19:42   #6242
Senior - BHPian

After a seemingly endless journey through crystal vision, diamond vision, extreme power, nightbreaker, rally 130/100 i have finally found my finishing line. Its the Osram All Season Off Road Bulbs.

Osram offroad all season 100/80 watt | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

They are really amazing during late night drives and has a good throw. I wish i could get them at 130/100. That would be even more amazing!
Old 12th July 2012, 21:02   #6243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I wish i could get them at 130/100. That would be even more amazing!
Try the Hella 130/90 bulbs. They're very good and costs <200 each.
Old 16th July 2012, 02:45   #6244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
After a seemingly endless journey through crystal vision, diamond vision, extreme power, nightbreaker, rally 130/100 i have finally found my finishing line. Its the Osram All Season Off Road Bulbs.

Osram offroad all season 100/80 watt | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

They are really amazing during late night drives and has a good throw. I wish i could get them at 130/100. That would be even more amazing!
Can you please post the Pricing ?
If possible, please post the night shot of headlight throw.

I used crystal vision, extreme power earlier and looking for a upgrade in a month.
Old 16th July 2012, 10:10   #6245
Senior - BHPian

Think it costed me 400bux or so not sure. Shall confirm with my friend who got it from Coimbatore.

Shall try and get some night shots but being the lazy *** i am please do not expect it soon
Old 16th July 2012, 18:14   #6246
BHPian

Since I am looking to upgrade headlamps on my Vista to 90/100, am eagerly searching for H7-H7 combo relay harness with very little success. However have come across some relays on Amazon and would like to get expert advise if this is the right thing for the Vista:

Amazon.com: H7 Relay Harness For Xenon HID Conversion Kit: Automotive

I do not want to try options like Lo Beam with stock and High Beam with 80 W Philips which might black out the reflectors.
Old 22nd July 2012, 11:48   #6247
Senior - BHPian

Fixed the Comet 500's set on my Figo 1.2. Out come was satisfactory regarding brightness as well as looks.

The clamp was the problem as I had no clue where to fix them. The bumper was removed and the front beam already had few holes out of which two were made big to fix the clamp. When looked from the front, the clamps come out of the slat just above the number plate.
Wiring and relay fixed with a switch right behind the steering wheel.

Overall good work from Autoshop, Koramangla except the clamp work took ages.

Attaching pics of the front beam and the lights .
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img402.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img403.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img404.jpg  

Last edited by tharian : 22nd July 2012 at 11:51.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2012, 20:39   #6248
BHPian

Just fixed p8 6000k hid and hella rallye 3003 crystal lens in the safari and the truck lights up the road like a christmas tree now attaching photos of the hella's.
Old 22nd July 2012, 21:17   #6249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Also, he said Bosch systems the wiring has been giving problems and suggested I go for roots. Any suggestions there?
If you have still not fixed it, then check if Hella wiring harness is available. I dont see any reason why a Bosch harness will be bad.
Old 22nd July 2012, 22:00   #6250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If you have still not fixed it, then check if Hella wiring harness is available. I dont see any reason why a Bosch harness will be bad.
hey thanks! but i have made another flip and decided to continue with the stock for a while. MASS as well as the local mechanic told me with the 100/90 setup there are chances to water causing damage to the wiring.

Since i do not do a lot of night highway driving, i might just upgrade to xtreme vision if required
Old 23rd July 2012, 01:22   #6251
BHPian

Somehow the snaps dint attach earliar here they are now
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-image1298328269.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-image719767593.jpg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:12   #6252
BHPian

guys any advice on upgrading headlights of 2007 tata indigo dicor. its my uncles car, i am using currently. I almost crashed a couple of times yesterday night. it has so called "HID" lamps my uncles assistant got fitted on the car. what options do i have ? because every accessory shop i ask is saying i cannot upgrade beyond the current setup.

Also when i put on high beam, the lighting seems to fluctuate as if something is wrong with wiring or some voltage issues.
Old 24th July 2012, 09:39   #6253
Team-BHP Support

Really disappointed with Philips Xtreme-vision. I had put them on my Figo in early 2011. 2 months ago the right side low beam went kaput and last month the left side low beam blew. Replaced them with spare Philips essential vision which I had lying around. They are pretty close to the Xtreme-powers.

I was planning on trying out the Osram NB+ but if they blow out within a year then it's a waste.
Old 24th July 2012, 09:48   #6254
Distinguished - BHPian

BHPians, need quick help on upgrading lights for a 2012 Safari.
We plan to replace the PATHETIC to say the least stock headlamps with 90/100 with wiring harness.

We'll get it done this Saturday.

Also in our plans are auxillary lamps
We are thinking of fixing it on either side of the Tata logo. Like the one posted by born to be wild a few posts earlier.

I need the following suggestions:

Suggesstion for the 90/100 bulbs.
A good brand for the wiring harness.
A decent brand for the auxillary bulbs.
Location for the auxillary bulbs (How about over head above the windshield?)
A good shop in Bangalore for this (We stay south of Bangalore).

Can we get all these it for 8K?

Your inputs will be appreciated. Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 11:15   #6255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram7912 View Post
guys any advice on upgrading headlights of 2007 tata indigo dicor. its my uncles car, i am using currently. I almost crashed a couple of times yesterday night. it has so called "HID" lamps my uncles assistant got fitted on the car. what options do i have ? because every accessory shop i ask is saying i cannot upgrade beyond the current setup.

Also when i put on high beam, the lighting seems to fluctuate as if something is wrong with wiring or some voltage issues.
Are these genuine HID lamps?? Somehow, I have a feeling that your uncle's assistant might just (perhaps unknowingly) have installed fake HID's - or headlamps that aren't really HID's in the first place - there's plenty of such headlamps available at small car accessory shops, especially here in Delhi.

These so-called HID's work pretty much like halogen bulbs, except they're nowhere near as reliable - I've used them when I was a complete newbie to car lighting - and they conked out within a couple of months of purchase. Have explored plenty of options since then, and have learned a bit along the way as well - I'm currently using Philips 100/90 Rally bulbs on my Zen (along with fog lamps) - and have never been more satisfied with the lighting! I'd love to try out 130/100 Rally bulbs as well (on the highways) but am not sure if those are currently being manufactured - at least I've not been able to get a hold to them.

A genuine HID set up (even if your using it with a car/headlight setup that didn't originally have HID's installed) should give you pretty good visibility. Sure, HID's with projectors are far better than the "stock" setup, but even then, I'd say your visibility should not be that poor. Genuine HID's from what I understand don't require relays (though if I'm wrong, someone please correct me) - so it shouldn't be an issue with wiring (unless you're actually using halogen lamps with a faulty relay).

Hope that helped just a little, feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Cheers

Rahul

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks