Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-411.html)

@Ketan; the same ballasts will work. I will suggest you align the lights after installing HIDs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ketan (Post 2797611)
Hi Guys,

Planning to get the XUV delivery within a few days. I have H1 + H7 HIDs on my Palio that I'm planning to remove, though it gives enough/better illumination but it seems to be creating issues for oncming vehicles when using on 2 lane roads since no projectors. I'm planning to get the H7 (low beams) on XUV since that has got the projectors already and get Palio a complete new set of lamps for H1 and H7.

I dont know if I have to add same ballasts that I have in my Palio to the XUV as well! Has M&M taken care of that and made it just a P&P (add the HIDs and go) or I have to get the ballasts from Palio and add it to the XUV? In case if I do that, does it require to break wires/ affects warranty?

Thanks in advance.

Is XUV projector headlight not a HID one already ?

If not, I am not sure if it is a good thing in terms of beam pattern and cut-off to install HID bulb in a projector designed for Halogen. try it and check if there is any improvement over stock by just installing HID on temporary basis before getting it wired for permanently. You will have to use a wiring harness and relay to prevent cutting of any OEM wiring.

Thanks guys,

I will give this a try once get my car delivered and ensuring that it doesnt have any impact on warranty etc.

@Nitin, @vikram,

Thanks for the suggestions. It turned out that the second bulb did not fail - the holder's clamp was not properly set and as a result the holder had become lose.

I will anyway have the relay and Wiring checked when the vehicle goes in for its 3rd service.

Guys how are the HID kits by MGT? Has anyone used them before?

Hi Fellow Bhpians,

I am planning a long trip with my Ritz Diesel shortly. As some night driving is involved, i am thinking of upgrading the Stock Bulbs. I have narrowed my search to Philips Extreme Vision H7. Please let me know if it will appropriate or any similar bulbs in market.

Also, any idea if I will be able to change the headlight bulb myself ? I peeped under the hood but did not see enough place to put my hand behind the headlight assembly. Any idea if the headlight needs to be dismantled to change the bulb in Ritz ?

Also, I would like to upgrade the bulbs in the Fog Lamps. Any suggestion on this will be welcome.

I do not wish to modify wiring or plant any cut-outs for above. Just better bulbs with same wattage will be my preference. Please guide me with you inputs.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaurusAl (Post 2802269)
Hi Fellow Bhpians,

I am planning a long trip with my Ritz Diesel shortly. As some night driving is involved, i am thinking of upgrading the Stock Bulbs. I have narrowed my search to Philips Extreme Vision H7. Please let me know if it will appropriate or any similar bulbs in market.

In the absence of any wiring cut or anything, your selected option holds perfect as i did the same with my A-Star. Highway night driving was never a problem after that.

Do the headlight bulbs start dimming with age ? I had installed Phillips halogen headlamps around 6 years back and I am having a feeling that they are not what they used to be, hence I am thinking it is time to replace them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 2802361)
Do the headlight bulbs start dimming with age ? I had installed Phillips halogen headlamps around 6 years back and I am having a feeling that they are not what they used to be, hence I am thinking it is time to replace them.

Check the glass of the bulb. If it has darkened, replace it.

Guys, any review regarding Hella 90/100 bulbs ?

Currently i am using halonex 4300k temperature 90/100 bulbs with relay, but now looking for a change.

So, if anyone have any idea regarding hella bulbs, please help :)

Cheers
Sameer

I need to do something to secure the Hella auxiliary lamp which I am planning to fix on the front bumper of my Scorpio. Keeping in mind that the lights are pretty expensive and I will not like to loose them, I am thinking of using the breakaway nuts which once tightened will break away from the head portion to make it permanent. I plan to use this outside the normal nuts so this will also work as jam nuts and avoid loosening in the longer run.

Let me know what you all think about the same.

A link to check out the product is given below for reference.

Security Fasteners

Hi Guys,

I was planning to upgrade the stock head lights to 90/100. I thought that this does not require a relay but the dealer says any upgrade to the stock required a relay. Is that right?

Also, would the holder melt if we use a 100/130?

Thanks a lot. Appreciate your advise.

I am posting the pictures of the product as I got it today. Please feel free to sugest on fixing them. I plan to buy the roots wiring set as well to make the connections better. The sets came with the wires and fuse box with 20 amps fuse each.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudipta (Post 2804237)
I am thinking of using the breakaway nuts which once tightened will break away from the head portion to make it permanent.

The idea seems to be very good. Are you sure you won't have to remove the lamps for some kind of maintenance work on the bumper. Won't it be big problem in such a scenario?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudipta (Post 2805298)
I am posting the pictures of the product as I got it today. Please feel free to sugest on fixing them. I plan to buy the roots wiring set as well to make the connections better. The sets came with the wires and fuse box with 20 amps fuse each.

These look awesome. I wanted to get them on my Swift, but I was criticized badly for that and was really worried that my car would be showcased on the "Wackiest mods" thread :p

Do put some pics once they are fixed.