Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-393.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by torquecurve (Post 2669217)
Aniket, Dont know if I am late to respond. But PLEASE don't put in the bulbs that he says without upgrading your relays. Look for some posts which I have made.

The Vista uses an H7(low)/H1(high) setup. Both bulbs are on when you are in high beam and the relay is designed to handle the load only with 55W bulbs. An upgrade to all 4 will seriously tax your headlamps and you might have a failure in the middle of nowhere.

A safe option is to look for Osram NightBreakers or Philips Xtremevision.

Another slightly unsafe but still a middle of the road option is to put in an 80W bulb on the left low beam, this will improve the vision on low beam and not tax the setup too much. High beam is good by default.

Also carry two spare bulbs (it should be in your glovebox by default- I had got mine with the car) and 10A, 15A, and 5A fuses, with an additional relay (25).

This is like an emergency kit and helps. Doesnt cost much as well. I did a Pune Hyd at night and this setup worked perfectly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragul (Post 2669076)
Yep, now imagine your headlamp assembly burns out somewhere on a highway in the middle of nowhere , and its 1am, and you cant change the headlights easily... and even if you could, the assembly/wiring is burnt out!

Better to leave stock headlights as is and add auxiliary lights as a redundant backup.

--Ragul

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2668951)
Am not sure on this. I have even heard ceramic holders not capable of sustaining the heat from the high wattage bulbs. So in the case when ceramic holders are not used, I think it will be risky. If you have a continuous night drive say for 3-4 hours at a stretch, I would suggest you to get back to the stock bulbs.

Why take the risk dude? Stay safe.

Finally guys, I went to the Tata Service Center today morning for standard checks before I start tomorrow morning. As per all your suggestions, I have rolled back to the stock bulbs to avoid any surprises during the trip. Will try to install the new bulbs once I re turn. Till then I will hold on to current setup though I enjoyed the extra glow of the powerful bulbs I experienced during past two days while returning from work.

Got all regular checks done, air filter cleaned, all fuels topped up and greased front suspension bush as it was making some noice while going through a bump/breaker.

Am still at the service centre. Once billing is done will head to 3M Car Care for wash and my Vista will be ready for another long trip.

I have a 2003 zen and have poor visibility from the current HL. I wish to install an auxilliary setup ( have the Hella 500F in mind ). However I am concerned about the stability of the setup. My car has a plastic bumper and i wonder if the lights will stay rigid without any vibration.

Any thoughts ? Suggestions and a good dealer in hyderabad ?

I found this setup and really loved it !

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 2669042)
What is the difference between Bi-Xenon Stage 3, Stage 4 and Morimoto Mini Stage 3 kits?

Consider FX-R, the major difference between stage 3 & Stage 4 is on bulb , Ballast make (stage 4 has Philips bulbs+ Denso ballasts, which are known to be good) etc & also Projector type (FXR 1.1, FXR 2.0 Probably) etc.
In morimoto the main difference is just the bulb types either H1 or D2S.
I had H1 type morimoto projectors when I had the first projectors installed.
Replaced them & then I got the FXR 1.1 Projectors & they support D2S bulbs so had to buy AMP->D2S convertors(wiring) when I changed from H1 Morimotos to the FXR's

For more info browse hidplanet.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani
So if I get it correctly, I am supposed to get a Complete retrofit kit from the website and it will have everything the auto shop I go to will need to remove the low beam bulb and put in the projector lamp without cutting the original assembly?

It'll be more of a plug n play if you get the kit from them. But to fit the projectors you'll have to open the Headlamp assembly Install the projectors & then reseal it back. If you buy morimotos there will be no splicing/cutting the reflectors.
Quote:

Is it better to get a retrofit kit or a new assembly all together? (I am assuming all this would be plug and play, thus no wire cutting)

New assembly ? Are you talking about the Chinese Headlamp assembly ? If yes, don't buy them. They have poorly designed reflectors & Poor projectors too. For peace of mind get a Kit & fit it, If you don't want you can revert back without much of headache
Quote:

Do I get warranty with the products I buy? If not, then to the least should I buy HID bulbs from India (the ones with warranty)?

Yes, TRS gives warranty for 1 year, that too worry free replacement warranty. The only problem will be Shipping TO & FRO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anand_lukose (Post 2670205)
I wish to install an auxilliary setup ( have the Hella 500F in mind ). However I am concerned about the stability of the setup. My car has a plastic bumper and i wonder if the lights will stay rigid without any vibration.
Any thoughts ? Suggestions

Love the colour of the ZEN . Yes this setup looks lovely.
But too much of light for the oncoming vehicle if used on a highway (single/double lane).

Zen bumper is not thick plastic bumper ( I had a Zen earlier). If you fix it in the bumper, bumper can't hold the weight of the lamps and lights will be vibrating when on the move.
If you look carefully at the pic, he has bolted the setup to Chasis. Probably by putting a thick guage iron plate.
If done by this way there will not be any vibration of the lights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anand_lukose (Post 2670205)
I have a 2003 zen and have poor visibility from the current HL. I wish to install an auxilliary setup ( have the Hella 500F in mind ). However I am concerned about the stability of the setup. My car has a plastic bumper and i wonder if the lights will stay rigid without any vibration.

Any thoughts ? Suggestions and a good dealer in hyderabad ?

The ones on top look cool, and the zen usually carries them well.
the lower ones seem to be causing visual clutter, and frankly look like overkill.
just my opinion.
plus, the lower hang look like it will hit a breaker first.
So youll get a Rs.2/3k(??) warning that your car will scrape.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 2671557)
Replaced them & then I got the FXR 1.1 Projectors & they support D2S bulbs so had to buy AMP->D2S convertors(wiring) when I changed from H1 Morimotos to the FXR's

I too am planning on ordering the complete Morimoto H1 kit from TRS. Could you specify why you shifted to the fx-r setup from the H1? Was the performance not sufficient for your needs or any other reason?

I want the fx-r's too but am going for the Mini for ease of install.

Also please detail the buying experience like shipping time and customs duty. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 2671557)
Consider FX-R, the major difference between stage 3 & Stage 4 is on bulb , Ballast make (stage 4 has Philips bulbs+ Denso ballasts, which are known to be good) etc & also Projector type (FXR 1.1, FXR 2.0 Probably) etc.
In morimoto the main difference is just the bulb types either H1 or D2S.

For more info browse hidplanet.com

It'll be more of a plug n play if you get the kit from them. But to fit the projectors you'll have to open the Headlamp assembly Install the projectors & then reseal it back. If you buy morimotos there will be no splicing/cutting the reflectors.

New assembly ? Are you talking about the Chinese Headlamp assembly ? If yes, don't buy them. They have poorly designed reflectors & Poor projectors too. For peace of mind get a Kit & fit it, If you don't want you can revert back without much of headache

Yes, TRS gives warranty for 1 year, that too worry free replacement warranty. The only problem will be Shipping TO & FRO.

Love the colour of the ZEN . Yes this setup looks lovely.
But too much of light for the oncoming vehicle if used on a highway (single/double lane).

Zen bumper is not thick plastic bumper ( I had a Zen earlier). If you fix it in the bumper, bumper can't hold the weight of the lamps and lights will be vibrating when on the move.
If you look carefully at the pic, he has bolted the setup to Chasis. Probably by putting a thick guage iron plate.
If done by this way there will not be any vibration of the lights.

I had a word with Dikshit of the Retro Riders. He is trying to sell his own stuff to me instead of the ones from RetroFit. That would be 6 month warranty vs 18 months which is provided for morimoto and that is Rs 15000 vs $350 (approx) + Custom Duty. (Their website did mention that one just has to send a pic of the part that has gone bust and they will ship after I pay the shipping charges)
Should I go ahead with it?

I had gone trough the website a few days ago (hidplanet) and according to a review their H1's performance was better than D2S.
What are your views on that?

After what I read I would prefer the Morimoto 5Five bulbs as they seem to be at par with Philips 85122+. But I am not sure as yet.

Opening the headlamp assembly is not a problem for me. The problem is if any part of the reflector will be cut to setup the Bi-Xenons...

What has been the scene with Honda in regards to the electrical warranty?
I am being advised not to go for this as you never know what the service centre might do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamfall (Post 2671918)
I too am planning on ordering the complete Morimoto H1 kit from TRS. Could you specify why you shifted to the fx-r setup from the H1? Was the performance not sufficient for your needs or any other reason?

I felt the H1 Mini's were not to my expectation. I do a lot of highway driving, felt those to be insufficient for the highway drives. So I had to shift to the FX-R.
Some are happy with the MINI MM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamfall
Also please detail the buying experience like shipping time and customs duty. Thanks

Most of the goods I brought from TRS were shipped to US address with a nominal (10$) shipping fee. Shipping took around 4-5 days to the US address. From USA the goods were carried by hand. So no issue with the Customs duty etc.
Buying experience has been good till date. No issue whatsoever.
One of the good thing about TRS is excellent customer care.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 2672234)
I had a word with Dikshit of the Retro Riders. He is trying to sell his own stuff to me instead of the ones from RetroFit.

Dikshit will not sell the products of TRS. Retro rides & TRS source the projectors/Hids from China(may be taiwan too, but not sure) & sell them to individuals. TRS has a very good QC , products are individually checked & tested for error free performance.
But I have never used any Projectors brought from Retro rides. So can't comment on it. (I brought CCFL rings from Dikshit)
Quote:

That would be 6 month warranty vs 18 months which is provided for morimoto and that is Rs 15000 vs $350 (approx) + Custom Duty. (Their website did mention that one just has to send a pic of the part that has gone bust and they will ship after I pay the shipping charges)
Should I go ahead with it?

That's the good thing with TRS. Excellent customer service + they know thier products very well.
If budget is not a problem then get the products from TRS.
Apart from TRS n Retrorides, check the below link. He also does good retrofits of the projectors.
http://*************/showthread.php?...ctor-Retrofits

The Civic mentioned in this below thread is mine. Projectors were sourced from The Retrofit Source, but the retrofitting was done by Litessence. (Better to go with experienced retrofitters when the installation involves cutting the reflectors etc)
http://*************/showthread.php?...l=1#post147940
Quote:

I had gone trough the website a few days ago (hidplanet) and according to a review their H1's performance was better than D2S.
What are your views on that?

Somehow I felt the H1 minis to be inadequate for my needs so I replaced Morimotos & had to go with FX-R. I'm very happy with the FX-R.

Quote:

After what I read I would prefer the Morimoto 5Five bulbs as they seem to be at par with Philips 85122+. But I am not sure as yet.

H1 Mini morimoto may NOT be a good idea with 55W Kit. 55W bulbs produce more heat than 35W. I doubt H1 minis able to withstand that much of heat.
If 55W is your #1 priority then rather go for 55W Ballasts + 35W bulbs, this produces excellent output with less heat. But the CRUX is Bulbs may not last longer as compared to a kit with 35WBallast+35W bulbs.

Quote:

Opening the headlamp assembly is not a problem for me. The problem is if any part of the reflector will be cut to setup the Bi-Xenons...

If you are retrofitting H1 MINI's with specified wiring kit, reflecor will not be cut. Mini MM's are direct fit to the reflector hole.
Quote:

What has been the scene with Honda in regards to the electrical warranty?
I am being advised not to go for this as you never know what the service centre might do.

My car is out of warranty. So no issues with the retrofit.
Honda may exempt you from warranty if you get this retrofitted if something goes wrong with the wiring.
I have seen many new cars being fitted with the aftermarket headlamp units (the one with Audi style headlamps).

First of all what is your requirement ? What kind of drives do you do ? Are you not happy with the stock setup ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 2672516)
I felt the H1 Mini's were not to my expectation. I do a lot of highway driving, felt those to be insufficient for the highway drives. So I had to shift to the FX-R.
Some are happy with the MINI MM.

Most of the goods I brought from TRS were shipped to US address with a nominal (10$) shipping fee. Shipping took around 4-5 days to the US address. From USA the goods were carried by hand. So no issue with the Customs duty etc.
Buying experience has been good till date. No issue whatsoever.
One of the good thing about TRS is excellent customer care.

Dikshit will not sell the products of TRS. Retro rides & TRS source the projectors/Hids from China(may be taiwan too, but not sure) & sell them to individuals. TRS has a very good QC , products are individually checked & tested for error free performance.
But I have never used any Projectors brought from Retro rides. So can't comment on it. (I brought CCFL rings from Dikshit)

That's the good thing with TRS. Excellent customer service + they know thier products very well.
If budget is not a problem then get the products from TRS.
Apart from TRS n Retrorides, check the below link. He also does good retrofits of the projectors.
http://*************/showthread.php?...ctor-Retrofits

The Civic mentioned in this below thread is mine. Projectors were sourced from The Retrofit Source, but the retrofitting was done by Litessence. (Better to go with experienced retrofitters when the installation involves cutting the reflectors etc)
http://*************/showthread.php?...l=1#post147940

Somehow I felt the H1 minis to be inadequate for my needs so I replaced Morimotos & had to go with FX-R. I'm very happy with the FX-R.

H1 Mini morimoto may NOT be a good idea with 55W Kit. 55W bulbs produce more heat than 35W. I doubt H1 minis able to withstand that much of heat.
If 55W is your #1 priority then rather go for 55W Ballasts + 35W bulbs, this produces excellent output with less heat. But the CRUX is Bulbs may not last longer as compared to a kit with 35WBallast+35W bulbs.

If you are retrofitting H1 MINI's with specified wiring kit, reflecor will not be cut. Mini MM's are direct fit to the reflector hole.

My car is out of warranty. So no issues with the retrofit.
Honda may exempt you from warranty if you get this retrofitted if something goes wrong with the wiring.
I have seen many new cars being fitted with the aftermarket headlamp units (the one with Audi style headlamps).

First of all what is your requirement ? What kind of drives do you do ? Are you not happy with the stock setup ?

Sushrutha, I can't thank you enough for helping me :)

Seems like I will have to order the whole kit through TRS and use Aramex to ship it here (if they can provide transit insurance).

My main requirement is for Highway drives (60-80kms a day). The current beams, as you would know, are not long enough or even wide enough to look ahead.
With people crossing the road at night and street light not working half the time, it has started to get dangerous.
Not to mention how risky it would be if an if an accident happens in the dark and I cannot see it in front of me at high speed.

I would like to go for the best performance, thus not much of a difference between 15 and 20k, and since you have the same car, I would rather take your word about performance that what I see on other forums.

When I do get the setup imported, is there any option besides Retro Rides in Delhi?

Would the glue on the headlamps be a problem even for a new car? If yes then it would be better I source that too from TRS.

Would FX-R fit without cutting the reflector (i read that they are bigger that mini morimoto)?

I also went through the owner's manual. It states that warranty would not be valid only if some damage is caused to the car's systems after fitting something that is not authorized by Honda. Strange part is, the list of exclusions is huge and they seem to have put almost everything there. I wonder, what on earth do they cover then?!

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-h1.jpg
This is the setup I seem to like, total is $330.
But the doubts are,
  1. BULBS: Morimoto 3Five vs XB35
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-d2s.jpg
Total is $335. Doubts here are,
  1. BALLASTS: Morimoto 3Five vs Denso Slim vs Matsushita Gen IV vs Morimoto 5Five (50W)
  2. BULBS: 3Five vs 5Five vs Philips
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-fxr-stage-4.jpg
Total is $435. Doubts are,
  1. BALLASTS: Denso Slim vs Matsushita Gen IV
Advice?

(Image source - The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications)

@mods, I used the "[attach]" statement to put these pictures inline and I do not know why the watermark is not being displayed. Am I doing something wrong?

For my Indica Vista,have decide to upgrade the H1 high beams to 100w from 60w.The bulb i came across is Philips H1 essential vision 100W(12454RA).I noticed that the bulb doesn't have any blue tinge/coating to it.How good is this bulb.It costs only Rs.140 each and another 600 for the roots relay kit with ceramic holders.The deal seems pretty inexpensive.

I don't want the white or blue lights as they are hopeless even on a clear dark night forget in rain or fog.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam.k (Post 2673527)
For my Indica Vista,have decide to upgrade the H1 high beams to 100w from 60w.The bulb i came across is Philips H1 essential vision 100W(12454RA).I noticed that the bulb doesn't have any blue tinge/coating to it.How good is this bulb.It costs only Rs.140 each and another 600 for the roots relay kit with ceramic holders.The deal seems pretty inexpensive.

I don't want the white or blue lights as they are hopeless even on a clear dark night forget in rain or fog.

The deal is good, the blue tinge you see in some of bulbs does not give a white light but its also not very yellowish.

I am jealous that Vista has h7 & h1 combination i don't know why for the Manza Tata decided on a h7/h7 combination i have not been able to find a relay kit. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 2673335)
My main requirement is for Highway drives (60-80kms a day). The current beams, as you would know, are not long enough or even wide enough to look ahead.

From my personal experience, Morimotos are not sufficient for Highway driving. I would rather go with FX-R or Hella EVOX-R Projectors.
I have seen EVOX projecors, they are good. Advantage with Hella Projectors are they have a good high beam throw, sadly not many projectors will come close to the GOOD Halogens when on High Beam.
Quote:

With people crossing the road at night and street light not working half the time, it has started to get dangerous.
Not to mention how risky it would be if an if an accident happens in the dark and I cannot see it in front of me at high speed.

Most of the GOOD projectors have very good foreground lighting as well as width, enough to cover the 4/6 lane Highway.
One advantage & disadvantage of Projector CUTOFF line is, it doesn't blind the oncoming driver, but the visibilty is quite poor above the cutoff line, no such thing in halogens.
But this is managable.

Quote:

When I do get the setup imported, is there any option besides Retro Rides in Delhi?

I don't have much idea apart from retro rides.
Quote:

Would the glue on the headlamps be a problem even for a new car? If yes then it would be better I source that too from TRS.

The sealent may not be sufficient once you open and close it.
I got waterproof Silicon based glue (transparent one avlbl in market for 100Rs, Most of the hardware shop will have this) and put it on the outer part of the assembly. No moisture whatsoever if sealed properly
Quote:

Would FX-R fit without cutting the reflector (i read that they are bigger that mini morimoto)?

Yes FX-R is bigger than Morimoto.
You can fit the FX-R without cutting the reflectors too, but you'll have to make 4 small holes (to hold the projectors) to fit the screws. But when fitting with shrouds, the shrouds will sure touch the out glass of the headlamp assembly. Also aligining with screws is a bit hectic task.
I had to cut the reflectors to get a neat fit, I glued the FX-R with Mseal. No vibration whatsoever.
If I want to revert back, I can always get a used civic reflector from Gujri and put the same.
Quote:

I also went through the owner's manual. It states that warranty would not be valid only if some damage is caused to the car's systems after fitting something that is not authorized by Honda.

Anything apart from stock is usually invalid when claiming the warranty if the damage was done from the non stock fitting
As per Honda HID kits, surely are not OEM or valid fittings for Indian Civic as of now.
If the wires are not tampered, You are safe.
But you never know what reasons might pop out for rejecting a warranty claim.

Quote:

Attachment 884102
This is the setup I seem to like, total is $330.
But the doubts are,
BULBS: Morimoto 3Five vs XB35
BALLASTS: Morimoto 3Five vs Denso Slim vs Matsushita Gen IV vs Morimoto 5Five (50W)
BULBS: 3Five vs 5Five vs Philips
BALLASTS: Denso Slim vs Matsushita Gen IV
Advice?

Morimoto 3Five bulbs are good, I use the same on FX-R.
All the above mentioned Ballasts are good ( I haven't used either Denso/ Matsushita/Philips, but read good reviews about them).
Frankly If I were you, I would get the following
Projectors - FX-R or EVOX-R
Bulbs - Morimoto 3Five or Philips 85122+ 4300K & 35W.
Ballast - Either any of the above Slim ballasts with 35W/55W
Wiring + Gatling gun shrouds
Upgrade the HighBeam Halogen to either PIAA /Sylvania Lamps (55/60W Halogen bulbs).

Note - If you want to see the performance of the FX-R projectors in Delhi/Gurgoan region contact AceF355. He has done FX-R fitting in his Civic. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2258694

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 2673755)
The deal is good, the blue tinge you see in some of bulbs does not give a white light but its also not very yellowish.

I am jealous that Vista has h7 & h1 combination i don't know why for the Manza Tata decided on a h7/h7 combination i have not been able to find a relay kit. :)

Guess the blue vision is what you are talking about.Any idea how the 55/60 philips power /extreme visions perform?as in is there noticeable difference from the stock bulbs?

I got to know about the h7/h7 thingie for manza only yesterday.I as actually about to contradict this with the shop guy.Dman,i wouls have been stupid:uncontrol.I was actually thinking of switching to Manza's headlamp unit cos it will look way too cool with the vistas honeycomb grill.Why dont you switch to the vista's unit?I am sure its a direct fit!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam.k (Post 2674115)
Guess the blue vision is what you are talking about.Any idea how the 55/60 philips power /extreme visions perform?as in is there noticeable difference from the stock bulbs?

I have 55W 4300K Philips bulbs in my High beam.
I'm quite happy with output of this bulbs. They are anyday far better than the stock bulbs on Civic.
You'll have a slight whitish, it's more of a sunlight colour on the road.
Check my below post for the colour difference between a 4300K hid bulb(projector) with 4300 Philips bulb

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2505451

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 2673805)
From my personal experience, Morimotos are not sufficient for Highway driving. I would rather go with FX-R or Hella EVOX-R Projectors.
I have seen EVOX projecors, they are good. Advantage with Hella Projectors are they have a good high beam throw, sadly not many projectors will come close to the GOOD Halogens when on High Beam.

So I should assume Hella are the best of the lot?

Quote:

Most of the GOOD projectors have very good foreground lighting as well as width, enough to cover the 4/6 lane Highway.
One advantage & disadvantage of Projector CUTOFF line is, it doesn't blind the oncoming driver, but the visibilty is quite poor above the cutoff line, no such thing in halogens.
But this is managable.

How poor?
While driving yesterday I noticed the Reflector Road signs start shining when I'm quite a distance away.
I wonder how projectors perform in that scenario. Any clues?

Quote:

The sealent may not be sufficient once you open and close it.
I got waterproof Silicon based glue (transparent one avlbl in market for 100Rs, Most of the hardware shop will have this) and put it on the outer part of the assembly. No moisture whatsoever if sealed properly

In that case there would be no need to spend the extra $10 from TRS :)

Quote:

Yes FX-R is bigger than Morimoto.
You can fit the FX-R without cutting the reflectors too, but you'll have to make 4 small holes (to hold the projectors) to fit the screws. But when fitting with shrouds, the shrouds will sure touch the out glass of the headlamp assembly. Also aligining with screws is a bit hectic task.
I had to cut the reflectors to get a neat fit, I glued the FX-R with Mseal. No vibration whatsoever.
If I want to revert back, I can always get a used civic reflector from Gujri and put the same.

Ok. But as long as the shroud does not vibrate I do not think there will be an issue.
Is there any option besides screws then?
Alignment is one of the most important things otherwise the whole kit would become useless.

@all
Does anyone know an experienced retro-fitter for projector lamps?

Quote:

Anything apart from stock is usually invalid when claiming the warranty if the damage was done from the non stock fitting
As per Honda HID kits, surely are not OEM or valid fittings for Indian Civic as of now.
If the wires are not tampered, You are safe.
But you never know what reasons might pop out for rejecting a warranty claim.

They shouldn't invalidate my warranty if there is no wire cutting, at least that is what I am hoping.
But I do not see another way out besides changing to Bi-Xenons.

Though I was thinking that since I would change the high beam bulb to Philips X-Treme power anyways, why not change the low beam too before ordering everything.

I might have to go to Bangalore for a few weeks, so the long shipping frame of those bulbs should not be much of a concern.
But nonetheless, I will not order anything for Bi-xenons until I am back in Delhi.

Quote:

Morimoto 3Five bulbs are good, I use the same on FX-R.
All the above mentioned Ballasts are good ( I haven't used either Denso/ Matsushita/Philips, but read good reviews about them).
Frankly If I were you, I would get the following
Projectors - FX-R or EVOX-R
Bulbs - Morimoto 3Five or Philips 85122+ 4300K & 35W.
Ballast - Either any of the above Slim ballasts with 35W/55W
Wiring + Gatling gun shrouds
Upgrade the HighBeam Halogen to either PIAA /Sylvania Lamps (55/60W Halogen bulbs).

I'll find out the warranty periods of all the items as the performance seems similar, and choose then.
Still have a few doubts but I think a bit more reading on hidplanet needs to be done.

Quote:

Note - If you want to see the performance of the FX-R projectors in Delhi/Gurgoan region contact AceF355. He has done FX-R fitting in his Civic. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2258694

Thanks for the info. I have sent him a PM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 2674870)
So I should assume Hella are the best of the lot?

Yes In that budget range EVOX-R is the best.
Still if you want more ..You can try the Lexus LS 460 Bi-Xenon Projectors.
One of my friend who has used it says .. it's The Best Bi-Xenon Projectorsas of now.
But pricier, TRS quoted price is $375 just for the projectors.

Quote:

How poor?
While driving yesterday I noticed the Reflector Road signs start shining when I'm quite a distance away.
I wonder how projectors perform in that scenario. Any clues?

In highbeam the throw of the lights is not good for speeds above 80Kmph.
Hid's will perform even more better than the halogens when reflecting the road signs.

Quote:

Ok. But as long as the shroud does not vibrate I do not think there will be an issue.
Is there any option besides screws then?
Alignment is one of the most important things otherwise the whole kit would become useless..

One has to get proper Shroud adapter/mounting kit to fit the shrouds properly into the Projectors.
Apart from screws only option left is to Cut the reflectors.

Quote:

I might have to go to Bangalore for a few weeks, .

When in Bangalore, if you have time in the evening, we can meet. I can show the light fitment & output on my car.
Based on it & your requirement, you can take a call .