Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-389.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by flycatcher (Post 2656990)
Can you let me know the details of the exact set up? Which brand of bulbs, wiring kit etc? Also where did you get all this done?(I am assuming you did this Bangalore, since your location says so).
EDIT: Just saw you have used Phillips rally bulbs.

It got this done at EVO (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html)

Its 5 minute job! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2max6 (Post 2657519)
I've seen some cars fitted with MicroDE fog's as fog lamps. :) You mean to say in the oe space for fogs?
I don't think they can be fitted in the OE space with ease as Octavia has space for rectangular shaped fogs.Fitting this would mean cutting the existing grill properly and mounting space would have to seen.If you have a good installer then maybe yes.

Hella MicroDe were 5k a pair ?

I plan to fit the 60 mm Module driving lamps either in the bumper centre grill or in the side grills. It will be a jugad. The Octavia has projecter fogs in the main headlamp cluster itself adjacent to the headlights.
Logically Fogs are fitted lower than the headlamps, but i have no other options:Frustrati I just need better lights.

Micro DEs are 5.5 K

Quote:

Originally Posted by rxpaul (Post 2657625)
I plan to fit the 60 mm Module driving lamps either in the bumper centre grill or in the side grills. It will be a jugad. The Octavia has projecter fogs in the main headlamp cluster itself adjacent to the headlights.
Logically Fogs are fitted lower than the headlamps, but i have no other options:Frustrati I just need better lights.

Micro DEs are 5.5 K

If your primary purpose is better lighting, won't it be better if you spend the same on an HID kit since you already have projectors in the headlamps?

I recently got fog lights for my swift.The installer says that i don't need a relay for them and connected it to the stock wiring.
Is a relay needed ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2max6 (Post 2657628)
If your primary purpose is better lighting, won't it be better if you spend the same on an HID kit since you already have projectors in the headlamps?

Main reason is cost 15-30 K (depending on the brand) vs 3-5 K for these Hellas and secondly i am not too fond of the white light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2max6 (Post 2657711)
I recently got fog lights for my swift.The installer says that i don't need a relay for them and connected it to the stock wiring.
Is a relay needed ?

It is better to fit a relay unless there is OEM relay fitted and he has wired it thru that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 2657872)
It is better to fit a relay unless there is OEM relay fitted and he has wired it thru that!

I don't think my car has an OEM relay for the fogs as its an Lxi.The relay available at other shops was with wiring harness and was quoted at Rs.800.Some company named LAP.
Won't the relay (similar/slightly bigger) used to power the trumpet horn suffice?

Guys I have a question! I am looking to buy a Philips Xenon HID conversion kit (H7 bulb 6000k). While doing research, I came across two terms, KET connectors and Can-bus. I have no idea what these mean. Apparently, you need to buy the right kit (can-bus or KET). Can anyone help me out here? Btw its for my new ford fiesta.
Thanks!

Quote:

Micro DEs are 5.5 K

These modules look great especially their compact size and at the 2.8k/pair price. But, are they waterproof and really meant for jugad fitting? Do post your experience in fitting and where you sourced them from.

Still trying to figure out what would be the best way to upgrade my civic's headlights.
Stuck on a few questions,
  1. What is the temperature of Philips Vision Plus, Xtreme Power and Xtreme Light?
  2. Between the ones mentioned above and Crystal Vision, which is the best for High Beam and Low Beam?
  3. Where can I source P4 HIDs and Projector assembly in Delhi?
  4. Which is a better option between bulb change and HID Projectors, purely of the basis of better performance on road without troubling the oncomers?

Quote:

I plan to fit the 60 mm Module driving lamps either in the bumper centre grill or in the side grills.

Where are these modules available in India?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 2658668)
Still trying to figure out what would be the best way to upgrade my civic's headlights.
1. What is the temperature of Philips Vision Plus, Xtreme Power and Xtreme Light?

Vison Plus/ Xtreme Power appears to be the Philips version of Nightbreakers. Expect them to be in the 3000-4000K spectrum. Life expectancy will also be lower than standard halogens.

Haven't heard of an Xtreme Light.

2. Between the ones mentioned above and Crystal Vision, which is the best for High Beam and Low Beam?

Crystal Vision will not provide superior illumination. Its a standard Halogen with a Blue Filter which makes the light appear whiter. Looks great and works fine on dry roads. But pretty much innefective during rain.

Can't help you there. I'm sure someone will chime in.

4. Which is a better option between bulb change and HID Projectors, purely of the basis of better performance on road without troubling the oncomers?

If you change the bulb with a supposedly high performance module, the beam pattern will not change. So if you current beam setting does not annoy oncoming traffic, this one won't either. Of course your high beam will be stronger - Assuming the bulb is superior.

Projectors come in various forms and beam patterns. The best beam patterns I've seen are on FXR modules. Morimotos come a close second. Rest of the projectors are good when it comes to controlling glare, but the light output may or may not impress you. However, Projectors are the way to go if installing HID in headlamp module.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tassem (Post 2658700)
Where are these modules available in India?

Just go to www.hella.co.in and locate the distributer in your city...either he will sell it to you or further direct you to a dealer/ auto shops who sell it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rxpaul (Post 2658797)
Just go to www.hella.co.in and locate the distributer in your city...either he will sell it to you or further direct you to a dealer/ auto shops who sell it.

I was asking because these projector units are not mentioned as available in India. I thought the only projectors launched in India were the Micro DE series which are auxiliary units. But let me check with the distributors. If its available then nothing like it for a DIY!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tassem (Post 2658700)

Vison Plus/ Xtreme Power appears to be the Philips version of Nightbreakers. Expect them to be in the 3000-4000K spectrum. Life expectancy will also be lower than standard halogens.

Haven't heard of an Xtreme Light.

Crystal Vision will not provide superior illumination. Its a standard Halogen with a Blue Filter which makes the light appear whiter. Looks great and works fine on dry roads. But pretty much innefective during rain.

Can't help you there. I'm sure someone will chime in.

If you change the bulb with a supposedly high performance module, the beam pattern will not change. So if you current beam setting does not annoy oncoming traffic, this one won't either. Of course your high beam will be stronger - Assuming the bulb is superior.

Projectors come in various forms and beam patterns. The best beam patterns I've seen are on FXR modules. Morimotos come a close second. Rest of the projectors are good when it comes to controlling glare, but the light output may or may not impress you. However, Projectors are the way to go if installing HID in headlamp module.

Oh. I meant Xtreme Vision. Sorry.

So which one is better between Vision Plus and Xtreme Vision/Power?

I recently found out that a 55W HID par has come out and the usual ones are 35W. Any experiences about that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 2659006)
Oh. I meant Xtreme Vision. Sorry.

So which one is better between Vision Plus and Xtreme Vision/Power?

I recently found out that a 55W HID par has come out and the usual ones are 35W. Any experiences about that?

Whichever bulb you choose, there will only be a marginal difference in performance. I've used Crystal Vision, Xtreme Vision and Nightbreaker Plus. Of these Nightbreaker plus was the best for me since the light was more focused. Crystal vision looked the best.

I have a set of 55W HID currently awaiting transplant into an auxiliary lamp unit. They're intensely bright! Will probably go into a Hella 500FF. 75W modules are also available.

Whats the bulb type in your car?