Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 21:34   #5626
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

I want to get a DRL for my Jazz. I want it for the functionality and also some bling factor. I can invest 2-3K. What are my options?
Old 4th November 2011, 21:37   #5627
Senior - BHPian

I want to auxillary fog lamps for my Accent,for next two months(due to excessive driving in foggy conditions),i will remove them later on.
Dont want to spend a Bomb,what are my options?
will to spend around 2-3K max.
Old 4th November 2011, 23:29   #5628
BHPian

Hi Vikash49,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
All of the comparison photos are shot with my 50D in manual mode. Exposure settings and WB were identical across the shots @ 1/30, f/2.8, ISO 800
Thats a phenomenal improvement in lighting! Thanks a lot for sharing this, From the pics, it looks like the lights are as good as 100/90. If these do not need additional wiring / relay, they are absolutely worth the money!
Old 5th November 2011, 00:24   #5629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I want to get a DRL for my Jazz. I want it for the functionality and also some bling factor. I can invest 2-3K. What are my options?
Going through this thread may help you in finalizing the DRLs: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-system-3.html
Old 6th November 2011, 14:25   #5630
BHPian

Re: Philips X-Treme Visions on my New Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
You got a good price. I bought a pair of the Philips XV , in last month from Poona Motors, Pimpri @ 1200/- a pair. They did not even reduce a penny from the MRP which is 600/- per bulb.
The Poona Motors in Pimpri are a reall ripoff. A few months ago, I paid almost 2K for a pair of Osram NB H7. Almost everything there is overpriced.
Old 6th November 2011, 19:16   #5631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I want to auxillary fog lamps for my Accent,for next two months(due to excessive driving in foggy conditions),i will remove them later on.
Dont want to spend a Bomb,what are my options?
will to spend around 2-3K max.
You can go for NeoLite auxiliary lamps. They have some good lineup and very cheap with good quality. You can see more detail in their website and in this link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2243110

It costs you between Rs. 400 a pair to Rs. 800 a pair.
anujmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2011, 19:34   #5632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49

Hi guys, I just replaced the OEM Bulbs on my New Honda City with Philips X-Treme Vision 60/55w H4s. I thought this review might be useful to you guys

X-Vision v/s OEM

Looks great inside

I wouldn't say the X-Vision is pure white. But its 'less yellow' for sure..

Now time for the results..

These bulbs are a direct fit and completely OEM spec. No relays, no heavy duty wrings, no ceramic holders, no heating issues at all. In fact you can replace them yourself, just like I did. No implications on the warranty either!

And to top it all, these just cost you 900/- bucks for a pair!

What do you say guys?
Is this x vision an improvement product over the x power 80+? I mean are both available or has the x vision replaced the x power:?
Old 6th November 2011, 23:37   #5633
BHPian

Xylo - Auxiliary Lights

Hello Friends,
since long I have been wanting to put front auxiliary lights on my White Xylo. The ready-made bull guards didnt appeal me and the purpose wasnt any protection (I know, read on lots about the perceived protection and cons of chassis damage!). Actually I wanted a stand wherein lights could be fitted, and that being the sole objective. I even went to ask some if they could get it custom fabricated, but none could.

Recently, one search resulted me to a mfg for guards, carriers etc; having a workshop in Uttan, Bhayander. I managed to make him understand my idea and that would finally materialize in below shape.

Note: Images are randomly picked from googling (not my actual vehicle's pic) and modded in PaintBrush only for explanation of the design/concept.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-xylo-guard-design.jpg

The base rod would be 35" long and 1.5" diameter, which would be clamped to chassis as usual. This would have welded slots for Neolites lights (pocket doesnt allow Hella!): the upper side ones for bigger clear color 10xx/11xx and 2 in bottom center for bit smaller yellows. Care would be taken not to hinder the number plate. All would be chrome finish and the cost quoted for fabrication alone is Rs.1500. I have given OK to this guy and would be ready to fix in a week's time, preferably on Sat since I have an off.

Experts, let know your valuable feedback on this setup.

The lights I would choose would be round and not rectangle, just to match the overall curvy shape of the vehicle. Suggestions most welcome also for Light models.

Sourcing of lights would be from Opera House, info collected from http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...ml#post2495741 . Last week I visited this shop, and casually asked for 1100, got quote of Rs.680/pair. Though they seem to be wholesalers, were ready to sell a pair.

Mods: hope this is the correct section for post.

thanks,
Pranav
Old 9th November 2011, 16:03   #5634
Senior - BHPian

To the experts here. I am planning to change the bulbs on our Octavia to 90/100 as i'm not very happy with the NBP+ especially the high-beam.

Options i considered are:
1.Philips bulb+relay+wiring kit
2.Hella bulb+relay+wiring kit

Which of the two do you recommend ?
Old 9th November 2011, 16:39   #5635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Ordered DRL - Day time Running LED Lights from varun .
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...D-Lights.html/ . Waiting for them to land here . Looks nice .

Has anyone installed the same ?
Black12rr: Any updates on the DRL and its install. I too am planning on buying one, hence wanted to know your experience on the same.
Old 10th November 2011, 11:15   #5636
BHPian

I have installed philips rally 100/90 headlights with Hella relay.
Got it done from Sachin's autoshop and he charged me 1100/- including installation.

They made a hole in the cover to let cermaic holder in. They said that there is a small chance of water going.. is there any way we can seal it completely?

please help
Old 10th November 2011, 12:56   #5637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV View Post
I have installed philips rally 100/90 headlights with Hella relay.
Got it done from Sachin's autoshop and he charged me 1100/- including installation.

They made a hole in the cover to let cermaic holder in. They said that there is a small chance of water going.. is there any way we can seal it completely?

please help
Can you share the pics so that we can get to see how big the hole is? If it's small you can use silicon gel. Since it's a translucent material, it wont look all that bad.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 14:52   #5638
BHPian

Thanks Naveen,

the hole on one is big enough for the cermaic holder to go in and it has 6 wires through that. As of now they have closed it using 2 sided tape. But i dont think it will last for long.

For the other one, its just a cut on one side and 3 wires go through that.

I will try silicon gel this weekend.
Old 10th November 2011, 15:44   #5639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV View Post
Thanks Naveen,

the hole on one is big enough for the cermaic holder to go in and it has 6 wires through that. As of now they have closed it using 2 sided tape. But i dont think it will last for long.

For the other one, its just a cut on one side and 3 wires go through that.

I will try silicon gel this weekend.
Quite big uh? Try silicon. I use that to seal the headlight assembly. I have used it twice. Pretty good and as I had mentioned, it's translucent. So no one will notice it.
Old 10th November 2011, 17:17   #5640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Quite big uh? Try silicon. I use that to seal the headlight assembly. I have used it twice. Pretty good and as I had mentioned, it's translucent. So no one will notice it.
I too have a crack in my headlight base and looks like I can use this to fix it.
BTW do we get Silicon gel at a hardware shop? or would that be available at car shops? Any particular brand to buy? Any images of how it looks?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks