Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-375.html)

Dear All;

I need to negotiate dense fog on Noida- Greater Noida expressway. Since I have got base model of spark there are no fog lamps on same. I needs gurus to comment upon

1) Best value for money fog lamps and approximate cost of the same

2) Do I also need to change my headlights in any way which would help us in better visibility in fog.

Thanks in advance for helping me in foggy situation.

I would love to get some OE type LED daytime running lights and HID's for my Fortuner, if someone could guide to the right product and source?

Hi!

Can some one tell be which one of the below two options are better for a upgrade from stock 60/55 Halonix. I prefer yellow/stock type of lights than whitish light.

1. Philips Rally 100/90w
2. Osram NB+ 60/55

If you have better options in mind within the budget of Osram NB+, then please inform.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan (Post 2564992)
Hi!

Can some one tell be which one of the below two options are better for a upgrade from stock 60/55 Halonix. I prefer yellow/stock type of lights than whitish light.

1. Philips Rally 100/90w
2. Osram NB+ 60/55

If you have better options in mind within the budget of Osram NB+, then please inform.

Thanks

NB+ are only marginally better than stock bulbs and high beam is not useful in rains. Xtreme Power (+80) that I had earlier (3 years and now using by my friend) was better than NB+. Philips Xtreme Vision (+100) will be a better option than NB+ in the 60/55 range. I am currently using Rally 100/90 which beats all of the above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 2564809)
I would love to get some OE type LED daytime running lights and HID's for my Fortuner, if someone could guide to the right product and source?

For OE type LEDs Philips has 2 models, they would be your best bet when it comes to quality. For HIDs you can look at brands like Philips, Autogauge, any other known brand. Get 4300k HIDs, 4300k is the colour temperature which will give the best output.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 2564809)

Same thing what Akshay had mentioned.

DRLs - Philips got really good DRLs but expensive. Expect somewhere around 5k for a pair of DRL's. There are many chinese DRLs available but wont last long. I have bought two pairs of chinese DRLs. One installed and other waiting for the current DRLS to go kaput. Pretty reasonable for less than 500 INR

HIDs - Philips, P8, Auto Gauge. I recommend 4300k HID's (color temp). They provide the best visibility range. Am currently using Auto Gauge 4300k HID's in my Swift for two years now. Doing a good job. Since you already have projectors, it will perform really well.

Hope this cleared your queries. Keep us updated.
Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by black12rr (Post 2559422)
Ordered DRL - Day time Running LED Lights from varun .
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...D-Lights.html/ :D . Waiting for them to land here . Looks nice .

Has anyone installed the same ?

black12rr, any update on this?? waiting for your review, planning to get the same on to my verna.

-Sajan

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 2559980)
I am planning to upgrade the Manza high beams to a higher wattage than the current 55w,

Two Options

1. Fix Philips Xtreme Vision of the same wattage
2. Fix a higher wattage Philips Essential Power which comes in at 80w

Now do i require a relay and wiring for the 80w? i guess it would be safer, whats you guys take on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan (Post 2564992)
Hi!

1. Philips Rally 100/90w
2. Osram NB+ 60/55

Thanks

Hi guys, I just replaced the OEM Bulbs on my New Honda City with Philips X-Treme Vision 60/55w H4s. I thought this review might be useful to you guys:)

X-Vision v/s OEM

Looks great inside

I wouldn't say the X-Vision is pure white. But its 'less yellow' for sure..

Now time for the results..

These bulbs are a direct fit and completely OEM spec. No relays, no heavy duty wrings, no ceramic holders, no heating issues at all. In fact you can replace them yourself, just like I did. No implications on the warranty either!

And to top it all, these just cost you 900/- bucks for a pair!

What do you say guys?

@vikash49,

Are all pics taken @ same ISO value?
Just to be sure... :)

Regards,

I am planning to install aux lamps for driving at night on my Vista. I went to Nana Peth, but most of the shopkeepers insisted I install a bullbar in the front for the lamps.

I have identified two lamps one the HellaFF50 and the other the Neolite (image below).
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-untitled.jpg

My idea of installing it is in the Front bumper (image below). Please advise how I could get this done. Any installers in Pune that you know of will also help.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-tataindicavistadrivetech42.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikash49 (Post 2566777)
Hi guys, I just replaced the OEM Bulbs on my New Honda City with Philips X-Treme Vision 60/55w H4s. I thought this review might be useful to you guys:)

What do you say guys?

Thanks for posting this, however, for Manza its a double barrel light so require H7. Just completed a night drive between 6pm to 11pm and all i can say is that my old Zen with 130/100 lights was more better spread and powerful and these Manza OEM double lights. (Ofcourse i am invariably comparing apples to oranges) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by autocrat (Post 2566803)
@vikash49,

Are all pics taken @ same ISO value?
Just to be sure... :)

Regards,

All of the comparison photos are shot with my 50D in manual mode. Exposure settings and WB were identical across the shots @ 1/30, f/2.8, ISO 800 :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikash49 (Post 2566777)

And to top it all, these just cost you 900/- bucks for a pair!

What do you say guys?

You got a good price. I bought a pair of the Philips XV , in last month from Poona Motors, Pimpri @ 1200/- a pair. They did not even reduce a penny from the MRP which is 600/- per bulb.:Frustrati

Guys,

Any idea where i can find such kind of SMD LED lights which are used as parking bulbs, Preferably in Bangalore or from an Indian online shop?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay_b (Post 2567872)
Guys,

Any idea where i can find such kind of SMD LED lights which are used as parking bulbs, Preferably in Bangalore or from an Indian online shop?

Hi,

I had purchased a pair of T10 LED 10 SMD Pilot lamp bulbs for cars from ebay India.

These are 10 LED bulbs and seem reasonable priced at 399/- a pair including free shipping.

My item got shipped today... will post a review for you once I get them:

-------------------------------------------------------
eBay sent this message to ( vikash49 ).

Seller has shipped your order (PaisaPay ID 30194148087)

Track this item
The seller is required to ensure the item reaches you by 11-Nov-11. Please confirm the receipt of this item through My PaisaPay once it has been delivered to you. Your payments are protected by PaisaPay. You can request a refund of your payment if the seller does not deliver the item by 11-Nov-11. Learn more about PaisaPay protection. If you have questions about this transaction, please contact PaisaPay Customer Support.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------