Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-372.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach (Post 1288086)
A.K TRADERS
PH: 4114-3199, 4114-3958
# 22/23, 1 FLOOR, SEETHALAKSHMI COMPLEX,

3'RD CROSS, JC ROAD, BLORE 02

he is the official Distri for philips bulb in Bangalore

got a quote of Rs.800 for Philips X-Treme Power 60/55W H4 for a Pair

Just got a pair of X-treme vision from AK Traders, JC road. costed me Rs. 900/- for two bulbs. Will be going to HASS tomorrow for getting them fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenster (Post 2530751)
Hello Friends,

I am looking to upgrade the Headlights and Fog Lamps Bulbs of my Punto 1.2 to higher output ones. From another Fiat Forum is got to know that the Headlamps use H4 Bulbs and the Fog Lamps use H1 Bulbs.

I am thinking of 100/90 (presently it is 55/60 stock bulbs) Philips Extreme Power for the Headlamps. But not sure of the options for Fog Lamps.

So Guru's please help me decide the best and most reliable possible upgrade for BOTH Headlights and Fog Lamps, without causing damage to battery or anything else.

P.S: I am not a Fan of the Bluish/Purplish White lights without having proper projectors. So Yellowish White Halogens should serve me well.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,
Zenster

**BUMP**

Please someone help me with the above queries. I need to get this done asap.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenster (Post 2531740)
**BUMP**

Please someone help me with the above queries. I need to get this done asap.

Thanks.

you can go for any of the branded stuff.
Halonix carries 100/90 in h11(i presume?) i think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2518100)
standard instructions- do not fight to remove or put anything back.
if it opposes you, take a step back and look again fro something you overlooked.

Mayank,

Did you have to remove the front bumper to take out the headlamps in the fiesta ? do you have any pics of the removal process ?

Apparently it is quite difficult to replace the bulbs without removing the headlamps. Also what plans do you have for the low beams ? i too have a fiesta and have tried a lot of bulb options but have not been able to get a stable/reliable option for the low beam problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjot1912 (Post 2521062)
A friend of mine bought a Swift some months back and is interested in installing illuminated door sills (or scuff plates). But the thing that's been bothering him is, how to connect its wires without cutting the stock wires, so as not to fiddle with the Warranty??

Can anyone please suggest as to where the wires of the plates should be connected to??

Thanks.

You will find detailed install instructions for Swift with pictures at the following URL:
redlinegti.com • View topic - Scuff Plate Installation Tutorial

Quote:

Originally Posted by moinakg (Post 2532463)
You will find detailed install instructions for Swift with pictures at the following URL:
redlinegti.com • View topic - Scuff Plate Installation Tutorial

Thanks a lot moinakg. A very nice DIY stuff. Very much informative.

I got a pair of Philips EV 90/100W halogens for my i20. I know that I need a relay and heavy duty wiring harness to operate them!

But say, if I only switch them on once a week and that too for maybe 10 or 15 mins(she's a garage queen), will I still need a relay!? Don't wanna cut into stock wiring!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sohail99 (Post 2532812)
I got a pair of Philips EV 90/100W halogens for my i20. I know that I need a relay and heavy duty wiring harness to operate them!

But say, if I only switch them on once a week and that too for maybe 10 or 15 mins(she's a garage queen), will I still need a relay!? Don't wanna cut into stock wiring!

Sohail no matter what the cost fitting relay and cutout is a must. If you don't do so then there is a chance of your wiring getting burnt out which will damage your stock wiring. If you don't drive it much then give it some other upgrade that you'll like. A relay and a cutout are a must. The car battery just cannot handle that amount of power being drawn by the new bulbs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2519181)
:)

LEds for all!!

Over the weekend, got delivery from autoyet.

Now have leds in the centre roof lamp.
Had 5-led ones in the parking lights, replaced them with 20-led ones!!
:)
before:
Attachment 614767

And post:
Attachment 614768
Attachment 614769
the older ones from the front fit very well in the indicators(side).

Attachment 614770
interior roof one is quite a bit brighter than the stock one, but the main reason for this replacement was to allow the lamp to be on for more than 10 minutes without burning up the clear plastic around it.
Attachment 614771

Nice!! I too converted all of my i20's lights to LEDs except the front halogens and fogs!

And now there's much less load on my car's electrical system since LEDs consume very less power and very very low heat is produced! And in the tail lamps, LEDs look awesome!:D

btw you get festoon LEDs for interiors in Reliance Autozone, ambi mall too!
I was quite surprised when I saw these there, to be honest!(+ they're genuine Philips!)

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-philips-festoon-resize.jpg

I got a 31mm one for my bro's ANHC! Other sizes were there too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsoneja (Post 2531967)
Mayank,

Did you have to remove the front bumper to take out the headlamps in the fiesta ? do you have any pics of the removal process ?

Apparently it is quite difficult to replace the bulbs without removing the headlamps. Also what plans do you have for the low beams ? i too have a fiesta and have tried a lot of bulb options but have not been able to get a stable/reliable option for the low beam problem.

Front bumper?
no, not a all!
infact, you really dont need to take out the headlamps to replace the bulbs if youre dextrous.
it may result in some scrapes, but hey, thats par for the course, no?
Im getting projectors in the low beams in some time. just have to bring myself up to the task of dropping that amount.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sohail99 (Post 2548068)
Nice!! I too converted all of my i20's lights to LEDs except the front halogens and fogs!

And now there's much less load on my car's electrical system since LEDs consume very less power and very very low heat is produced! And in the tail lamps, LEDs look awesome!:D

btw you get festoon LEDs for interiors in Reliance Autozone, ambi mall too!
I was quite surprised when I saw these there, to be honest!(+ they're genuine Philips!)

I got a 31mm one for my bro's ANHC! Other sizes were there too!

wo!
so, no waiting period on delivery?
some pics on the car, and prices too, please???

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2548077)
Front bumper?
no, not a all!
infact, you really dont need to take out the headlamps to replace the bulbs if youre dextrous.
it may result in some scrapes, but hey, thats par for the course, no?
Im getting projectors in the low beams in some time. just have to bring myself up to the task of dropping that amount.:)

wo!
so, no waiting period on delivery?
some pics on the car, and prices too, please???

OMG!! You can use some masking tape available at most hardware or paint shops to mask the surrounding paint on the bumper and fenders before taking out the HL! I always do that to ensure scratch free removal and install of HLs! :thumbs up

btw didnt understand what you meant by "no waiting period on delivery?" ?

And pics of my car or pics of the philips LED in ANHC? stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sohail99 (Post 2548231)
OMG!! You can use some masking tape available at most hardware or paint shops to mask the surrounding paint on the bumper and fenders before taking out the HL! I always do that to ensure scratch free removal and install of HLs! :thumbs up

btw didnt understand what you meant by "no waiting period on delivery?" ?

And pics of my car or pics of the philips LED in ANHC? stupid:

the scrapes i mean will require leukoplast strips...:)
no waiting period is for autoyet and DX, where I ordered my bulbs from.
they take anything from 10 days(superfast) to a month to deliver.

And pics of your i20, and anhc too.

I am not comfortable with the Headlight "Throw" in the Regular (Low) beam. Even in the High Beam position, the lights are not inspiring, while driving on the highway.

What would be the suggestion for replacement for the Stock Headlamps for the Innova.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2548239)
the scrapes i mean will require leukoplast strips...:)
no waiting period is for autoyet and DX, where I ordered my bulbs from.
they take anything from 10 days(superfast) to a month to deliver.

And pics of your i20, and anhc too.

I always wear black nitrile gloves while working with the engine or removing and reinstalling HL etc.! They're great and save your hands from cuts and scratches!

I had got most of the LEDs for my i20 from autolumination.com! They delivered everytime within a week(USPS)(but shipping to India = $30!! ).

I hear superbrightleds is more reliable! I checked out autoyet and most of autolumination stuff is available there!:)

Here are a few videos of my baby! :D

This is one of the first videos with a test indicator LED

The reversing LEDs are high power white LEDs with a projector lens that literally throw a white beam behind illuminating everything till quite some distance!

My hyundai i20 LED conversion - YouTube

Then after changing my hazard relay to LED relay, I installed Elef indicator LEDs!

ELEF-I Amber indicator LEDs in my i20 - YouTube

Front elef LEDs with diffuser (super bright!!)
Elef-I Amber indicator LEDs in my i20 (Overall look from front) - YouTube

Check out the comparison of it with another autolumination LED

Elef-I LED(with diffuser cap) vs Eagle eye tower - YouTube

I was planning to have the LED done. phillips 20-LED pack for my Swift

One small question will the LED blue light be blanked out by a 130/100 yellow/white light as the blue color is inferior to yellow/white in the ray spectrum. stupid: