Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-37.html)

Quote:

Sure?

Man! does that mean all the hundreds of bulbs stocked in all the showrooms i checked recently were fakes?
Dude if this is true, source one for me please. My gut feeling is that most of them are fake atleast here in bangy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by razor4077 (Post 490269)
And what happened to taking the plunge in a few minutes? ;)

Finally I took the plunge after much deliberation and sweating around in the heat and ordered a pair of Philips X-treme Power H4 60/55W from Autolamps-online. I just got an email from them stating they have run out of stock but expect a factory delivery in a week or so. Only then can I expect a pair in another 15-20 days or thereabouts. Means, I have to wait for a month or so for them. :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 491663)
1. I got 130/110W for JC road. If you get them make sure you have roots ceramic holders. My holder slightly melted, but thankfully no permanent damage. I used them for quite some time
2. Now I am on Halonix 100/90W +60 and they give same light as 130/110W.
I suggest you stay away from 130/110W and put in either Hella gold(Yellow light), Philips rallye(if you get originals, almost impossible) or Halonix.
3. Best option seems to be Osram, if you can get 100/90 Osram then nothing like it.
We put 60/55W Osram in a safari and light is same as the 100/90 bulbs

Well i am white light crazy but after seeing the pics in the earlier posts i think its better to stick to Osram / Halonix. Is Osram easily available ? And whats the cost of Hella ?

Also Bhpians i think we have successfully found our own BULBS dealer after our famous Tyre dealer. Just kidding lol !!!

Hey Abhibn, Osram Silverstar is white light i think.

And tsk is not only the official light dealer but also the oil dealer :p His knowledge on oils has led my head spining crazily, lol.

Thank God! Can we now christen him the Official Oil & Bulb Dealer please :D :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 491778)
Philips Rally eye bulbs are no longer manufactured is what I got to know.

Hmm... but I was recently contacted by Philips, and they actually suggested I go for the Rallyeye bulbs. So, not sure about your info...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkapoor777 (Post 492033)
I just got an email from them stating they have run out of stock but expect a factory delivery in a week or so. Only then can I expect a pair in another 15-20 days or thereabouts. Means, I have to wait for a month or so for them. :mad:

That sucks dude. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 491950)
replacing the bulb might not really help the swift fog lamp, its more to do with the reflector and the beam adjustment which are nearly impossible to fiddle with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 491949)
i think youd have to change the bulb holders etc.

Jaggu, actually its an h7 HID kit, not just a regular bulb.

If what akshay says is true then it wont be difficult or expensive to make the change. Can it be done without causing any problems?

i think you should buy a spare fog lamp case and see if you can get those h7s in there. if you can then well and good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkapoor777 (Post 492033)
Finally I took the plunge after much deliberation and sweating around in the heat and ordered a pair of Philips X-treme Power H4 60/55W from Autolamps-online. I just got an email from them stating they have run out of stock but expect a factory delivery in a week or so. Only then can I expect a pair in another 15-20 days or thereabouts. Means, I have to wait for a month or so for them. :mad:

Xtreme power plus are available in india from CP(Authorized Philips dealer/distributor) and give same light as 100/90W Rallye, but light is whiter.
Got this information from speedonline, he will be posting details tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 492601)
Xtreme power plus are available in india from CP(Authorized Philips dealer/distributor) and give same light as 100/90W Rallye, but light is whiter.
Got this information from speedonline, he will be posting details tomorrow.

So they're available in India now! Any idea how much they cost?
Also, are you sure of the name? I think it's X-treme Power (no Plus).

hi

The use of High Watt Halogens will fade the colour of Glass of the Head Lamps, cause high watt bulbs produce more heat than normal stock bulbs, the manufacturer of the vehicle has fixed stock bulbs after many tests, So i prefer you to fix extra Headlights or Fog Lights for More Illumination

Hi there, me too looking for the Philips X-treme Power bulbs (60/55w). Where can I get them in Mumbai? How much will they cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 492509)
Jaggu, actually its an h7 HID kit, not just a regular bulb.

If what akshay says is true then it wont be difficult or expensive to make the change. Can it be done without causing any problems?

You will have to experiment and see how the HID will fit and work, best is to go to local gujili and get a set of old ones to play around and bench test before taking off your OE ones, will avoid a lot of hard work and time

All HID are kits, with Ballast. You don't have a "Bulb".
The fitting is not simple as "bulb replacement" and involves as much complexity as fitting a relay. Not a big deal, but make sure you go to a guy who knows how to wire headlights and relays.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radnam (Post 493285)
Hi there, me too looking for the Philips X-treme Power bulbs (60/55w). Where can I get them in Mumbai? How much will they cost?

I have ordered mine from Autolamps website. Fellow member razor4077 recently had a pair delivered but hasn't tried them as yet. See link below:

Philips HID,Philips Visionplus,Philips BlueVision,Philips DiamondVision, Philips Power2night and GE HID,GE Megalightplus, GE Euroblue sold by the industry experts

X-treme Power costs $40 a pair at Autolamps.

Tsk mentioned that these are available at the authorized dealer in Delhi, but I can't confirm. As per last info received, these are still not available in India officially.