Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-362.html)

Got a chance to test the NB+ on the highways. Must say i'm a little disappointed. The low beam is simply excellent i'd give it a 9/10 rating. It really lights up the road to such an extent i don't find the need for fog lamps in the city.
The high beam i'd give a 4/10 the beam has a blueish tinge to it and i feel is very weak. On a single lane highway, my high beam is almost useless(though i switch to low beam for oncoming traffic) its good only on 4 laned roads with a divider.

PS: Is it possible that the high-beam alignment may have gone haywire when the low-beam is fine? Car is Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi

Hi all

I have a safari which has the standard headlights which I find extremely insufficient(even the Tata Ace has better headlights than the safari) I want to change the bulbs of the headlights as well as the fog lights to something more powerful and should give a white color output so what do you suggest I go for?

[quote=Night_Hawk;2466302]Auxillary lamps will be the next upgradation. Just researching on antitheft measures for the ALs ; and once confident will go for them.

i have installed 100/90 seems ok , however Aux lamps are the best option. Am planning to get Rallye 3003 / 4000 . May be we can buy together so that we can bargain for better price . Any options you know of in hyd ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm_arjuna (Post 2469818)
i have installed 100/90 seems ok , however Aux lamps are the best option. Am planning to get Rallye 3003 / 4000 . May be we can buy together so that we can bargain for better price . Any options you know of in hyd ?

Rally 3003 was available with Twisters ( Rd No.7 B' hills), Pit-stop(Somajiguda) and Motoxis (B'hills) they were quoting in the range of 6.5 to 7 k. The last outlet was saying they even have pair of Light force 240 Blitz avaiable in stock.

Due to unavoidable circumstances, I have deferred the buying of Auxillary lamps.

cheers!
NH

In US you can get Rally 4000 with euro bean pattern driving lights for $116 for the complete kit,problem is shipping or asking someone to carry it back. Isolux chart shown 500mtrs of visibility on halogen bulbs.

Guys
Yesterday installed Hella MICRO DE with 6000k hid in my Swift. The bulb used is H3. Cost of DE , 5200/- inc. installation charges. I already had h3 hids .First impression is very positive. Light has good spread.

@dilip - It's looking good. How about some night pics now? Would love to see its performance.
BTW, from where did you buy these? Is it from Cochin?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night_Hawk (Post 2466302)
Thanks for the suggestion. Point noted.
What i will do is , i will buy a pair of 90/100 for city and for OK highways. Only for the road trips where the situation really warrants, i will swap with 100/130 on a trip to trip basis.

In most cases, 90/100 is more than enough on our highways. 100/130 are way too bright and may cause more damage than help by making opp drivers uncomfortable with such bright light penetration.

Besides, regular usage of 100/130 may black out the front headlamps due to its high intensity.

Guys , i got a Skoda vRS with Xenons on low beam and halogen on high beam, i'm feeling the visibility is low on highways despite of Xenons doing duty , i feel the high beam has to be improved , some of the BHPians are already plucking down the HIDs from their Headlights , how can i improve the visibility at nights ? can someone help ? please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmosedici (Post 2445747)
Thanks for the revert Naveen. They have not provided any quote and are asking me to leave the car with them for 3 days only then can they complete their work. Cant do it as they are in delhi and me in mumbai. Will have to hunt for local options.

There is one more website i found which sells such kits in india. Performancezone.co.in.
These guys are selling the kit for 17k.

So correct me if i am wrong. In the above snap that i uploaded, one will be a low beam projector and the other being a reflector type where our normal halogen bulb like 100/90 can be fitted and which will have high and low beam as usual. Am i correct?

Thanks

Hey Desmo

I Know a Shop in Bandra who can install this projector setup ,
I have an OHC total cost as told by the guy was rs11,500 & 500 more if i want the reflectors painted matt black

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2470933)
In most cases, 90/100 is more than enough on our highways. 100/130 are way too bright and may cause more damage than help by making opp drivers uncomfortable with such bright light penetration.

Besides, regular usage of 100/130 may black out the front headlamps due to its high intensity.

mobike008, I agree !

I will be using 100/130 only for specific trips with a sensible use of hi-beam ( eg., NH-219 with innumerable blind curves; conditions warrant brighter light for night drives)

90/100 will be for general / regular use again with a careful use of hi-beam

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan_wheelz (Post 2470970)
Hey Desmo

I Know a Shop in Bandra who can install this projector setup ,
I have an OHC total cost as told by the guy was rs11,500 & 500 more if i want the reflectors painted matt black

Thanks Ryan. Can you PM me the contact details or share it here as well for the benefit of others.

Cheers,
Raj

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajid33 (Post 2470949)
Guys , i got a Skoda vRS with Xenons on low beam and halogen on high beam, i'm feeling the visibility is low on highways despite of Xenons doing duty , i feel the high beam has to be improved , some of the BHPians are already plucking down the HIDs from their Headlights , how can i improve the visibility at nights ? can someone help ? please:

Since you already have projectors, you can stick with HID's on low. Try Philips. As for the high beam, go for higher rated bulbs (90/100w). Philips is the best choice for this as well. I have tried using halogens on my projectors. It didnt perform well. Projectors work best when HIDs are used.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmosedici (Post 2471343)
Thanks Ryan. Can you PM me the contact details or share it here as well for the benefit of others.

Cheers,
Raj

Sure - Sainath
Contact person Rishi - 9820122334
email - rpunjabi29@hotmail.com

Hey you have a Vtec too right ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan_wheelz (Post 2471991)
Sure - Sainath
Contact person Rishi - 9820122334
email - rpunjabi29@hotmail.com

Hey you have a Vtec too right ?

Yes, i also have a Vtec but thinking of selling it and going for a hatch as its too big drive within the city. parking it in small areas is also a pain.

But thanks for the info.

CHeers,
Raj