Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-36.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 491358)
CD is right Ankit, we blow the bulbs (atleast I do quite a few times) primarily due to my habit of using both the beams together! Possible to do when the HL's are on low-beam & you flash simultaneously. Nothing wrong with the bulb there. And there is no set life time for the bulbs, I've seen some working for a few years without any issues & some going bust in a few weeks.

And generally you can buy single pieces of most bulbs apart from a few Philips ones I guess which come pre-packed in sets of two.

would it not make sense to just use a 1mm or 2mm thick drill bit and make a few holes in the outer headlight enclosue so as to improve cooling while driving ???? or does it affect performance and also increase chances of bulb blowing up ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARtik (Post 491245)
suren, how long have u used there high power bulbs. Have you had any issues with lens cracking/holder melting?
Am planning to install on my getz as i do a lot of highway. But want to know reliable these lights are. Pl also let me know the brand..

I have been using Phillips 130/100 on my OHC for 4+ years now. No issues with cracking/melting etc but the reflector/cover does look a bit dull. Then again, it's a 6.5 yr old car...

Gears.
Red-One.

Hey folks any idea where in Bangy can I source the Philips 130/100 bulbs ?
Cant find anyone who stocks these bulbs.

Somehow feel that my current 100/90(Hella) aint giving me enough light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 491644)
Hey folks any idea where in Bangy can I source the Philips 130/100 bulbs ?
Cant find anyone who stocks these bulbs.

Somehow feel that my current 100/90(Hella) aint giving me enough light.

1. I got 130/110W for JC road. If you get them make sure you have roots ceramic holders. My holder slightly melted, but thankfully no permanent damage. I used them for quite some time
2. Now I am on Halonix 100/90W +60 and they give same light as 130/110W.
I suggest you stay away from 130/110W and put in either Hella gold(Yellow light), Philips rallye(if you get originals, almost impossible) or Halonix.
3. Best option seems to be Osram, if you can get 100/90 Osram then nothing like it.
We put 60/55W Osram in a safari and light is same as the 100/90 bulbs

Thanks tsk .

I already have ceramic holders with my current 100/90 setup.
Wil have to hunt around for Osram or Halonix in the 100/90 range.

Have found quite a few sellers in India on ebay with Phillips Rallye, but dont know how good these are.

Hi,

Came across "Halonix H4 +60 High Perfomance Xenon Head lamps" on Ebay. There is no wattage mentioned on them on the website but seems to be a good option, wanted to know if anyone has used them ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonov (Post 491762)
Hi,

Came across "Halonix H4 +60 High Perfomance Xenon Head lamps" on Ebay. There is no wattage mentioned on them on the website but seems to be a good option, wanted to know if anyone has used them ?

Please read this thread, or use search function.
They are available in Sector 16 Noida at Rs. 90/bulb and I am using them. For review and comparison, just look in the previous posts.
The config is 100/90W

Guys,

How to see if Philips bulbs are original?

Am looking for rally eye lamps.

Philips Rally eye bulbs are no longer manufactured is what I got to know.

Quote:

Please read this thread, or use search function.
They are available in Sector 16 Noida at Rs. 90/bulb and I am using them. For review and comparison, just look in the previous posts.
The config is 100/90W
Thanks for your reply tsk1979, but I wanted to know whether the one's available on Ebay ( supposedly Halonix +60 Xenon Headlamps) are the same Halonix +60 90/100 W which you bought from sector 16 noida. I mean are they Xenon gas filled bulbs or the normal halogens..?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonov (Post 491780)
Thanks for your reply tsk1979, but I wanted to know whether the one's available on Ebay ( supposedly Halonix +60 Xenon Headlamps) are the same Halonix +60 90/100 W which you bought from sector 16 noida. I mean are they Xenon gas filled bulbs or the normal halogens..?

There is only one Halonix +60 100/90W and it is supposed to be Xenon gas filled.
They are nice bulbs, but if you expect white light, you will be disappointed.

Is there any way to adapt an h7 kit into an h8 (swift fogs ) ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 491915)
Is there any way to adapt an h7 kit into an h8 (swift fogs ) ?

i think youd have to change the bulb holders etc.

replacing the bulb might not really help the swift fog lamp, its more to do with the reflector and the beam adjustment which are nearly impossible to fiddle with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 491778)
Philips Rally eye bulbs are no longer manufactured is what I got to know.

Sure?

Man! :Frustrati does that mean all the hundreds of bulbs stocked in all the showrooms i checked recently were fakes?