Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-326.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrackedHead (Post 2301373)
Could be as simple as a bad connection on one of the bulbs or the wires leading to it.

If one bulb is gone/ not connected, the others will blink at a crazy fast rate.

if that was the problem the MASS would have replaced a bulb, sadly it isnt crackedhead.

Now I get it rider60! Its just like you say, its that model which is got the reverse horn and the indicators blink when I reverse the car. But then I didn't engage that feature since it was disturbing to my neighbours due to excessive beeping. Found it fun earlier but later on it was embarassing. I shall get it checked. And like you suggested, I did get the Minda guys to check it out, but one that day my indicators were working just fine:Shockked:. I'll inform my cousin to get it checked. Thing is I don't want to lose the remote lock in the bargain since I like the fob.

Thank you rider60, Jaggu, pratikraveesh and CrackedHead for your suggestions. My problem seems to be quite simple thanks to you guys.

Cherio
Champion:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajjt (Post 2285983)
This is what I bought:
Attachment 521078

Here's some of the snap shots with the DRLs and LEDs.

Attachment 521085

How did you wire them to glow with the parking light bulbs since your car didn't have any fog lights as such. Was any wire cutting/splicing involved?

I'm also interested in ordering one of those to give the 100/90W a rest during stop go traffic & at parking speeds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 2057235)
Hey Guys, need advice on whether it is possible to do a HID on my Honda Activa Scooter?

Anybody tried? Any specifics??

Is there any other option beyond HID for activa. I could not find any other specific option mention in this thread other than the HID bust for activa.

I find the light power too less with a helmet visor and often has to lift it up to see the road.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 2297966)
And What,if i connect a 55W bulb to a 35W ballast.
it wont work at its full potential,right??????

It may work but wont get the desired results in terms of brightness and life span. Haven't tried those stunts so far:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustCause (Post 2301463)
How did you wire them to glow with the parking light bulbs since your car didn't have any fog lights as such. Was any wire cutting/splicing involved?

I'm also interested in ordering one of those to give the 100/90W a rest during stop go traffic & at parking speeds.

Only luxury cars have the DRL options, so should not expect a provision for DRLs in low cost carslol:. You need to splice the wires from ACC from ignition switch or take the wire from the HU red power wire. So it will be glowing once the key is turned to on position. I just hot wired from the parking lights so that it will glow only when the position lamps are on.

Are spare HID bulbs available?
if yes,any idea regarding the cost?
i want to pick up at least 6000Kelvin bulbs if not 4300K,and get rid of 8000Kelvin i have as of now

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 2301993)
i want to pick up at least 6000Kelvin bulbs if not 4300K,and get rid of 8000Kelvin i have as of now

You can ask any good accessory shops who are having HID kits for sale. Few of them will carry spares too and cost less than 1K for chinese ones. Is it worth to experiment with a non standard setup? Instead I would suggest you to go for a 35W 4.3K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 2301993)

It's difficult to source HID replacement bulbs since most of the shops have the complete set. You can check out this site
Car Lights - Car Bulbs - Headlight Bulbs - Wiper Blades - Xenon Bulbs | Autobulbs Direct Ltd

They have replacement bulbs but are expensive. It's a reliable site and I have personally purchased few products from them.

@Akshay, guess you are also a XBHPian too. Contact Navnish, he is having enough spare bulbs and ballasts for all bulb bases.

What replacement bulbs are available for the stock ones in the Swift ? Im guessing it is of the H4 socket type ?
I want slightly whiter lights than the stock ones, same wattage and definitely not the "cool" bluish white ones. I think the colour temp Im looking for is around 4300K ?
Has anyone seen the new Osram Night Breaker PLUS bulbs available here ? I believe they are the right colour and the pluses have a longer lifespan compared to the old ones.

Naveen, how was the buying experience with the Car Lights - Car Bulbs - Headlight Bulbs - Wiper Blades - Xenon Bulbs | Autobulbs Direct Ltd

How long it took for the delivery? What about the free shipping offer? Is it like Deal extreme? And lastly, how about the payment gateway? Is it through PayPal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortis (Post 2302252)
What replacement bulbs are available for the stock ones in the Swift ? Im guessing it is of the H4 socket type ?
I want slightly whiter lights than the stock ones, same wattage and definitely not the "cool" bluish white ones. I think the colour temp Im looking for is around 4300K ?
Has anyone seen the new Osram Night Breaker PLUS bulbs available here ? I believe they are the right colour and the pluses have a longer lifespan compared to the old ones.

It's H4 bulbs. For proper white light output, you will need 6000k bulbs. But you wont get the effect as seen in HID's. For this you will need HID's.

I have used Osram Cool Blue. This provided a tinge of blue color but didnt get the pure white light output. Also, I had used higher wattage bulbs (90/100).

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajjt (Post 2302282)
Naveen, how was the buying experience with the Car Lights - Car Bulbs - Headlight Bulbs - Wiper Blades - Xenon Bulbs | Autobulbs Direct Ltd

How long it took for the delivery? What about the free shipping offer? Is it like Deal extreme? And lastly, how about the payment gateway? Is it through PayPal?

I had bought two light products from them and loved the experience.

1. The product was delivered in 7 days.
2. The ones I ordered didnt have any free shipping offer. (Shipping was high for the products that I had ordered but the overall rate was cheap. Interior neon lights for 300 bucks)
3. I used a credit card for payment.

Overall, good customer service, speedy delivery and decent product catalog.

Thats the thing naveen, although 6000k bulbs are supposed to be daylight coloured, they are almost always bluish. Im looking for something between yellow and white

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortis (Post 2302252)

Hey
You should get yourself 4300K temperature bulbs if you want pure white light minus the blue tinge. I recently put Philips Crystal Vision H7 for the low beam projectors in my Laura and E class. Honestly, the light intensity is disappointing but the light throw is better than stock setup. It's actually a decent setup for urban driving. If you want 'bright' white lights, get a HID setup.
The crystal vision are replacement bulbs without the need for any extra wiring or kits.
I have heard Osram Nightbreaker PLUS are excellent bulbs but unfortunately the availability in India is questionable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortis (Post 2302655)
Thats the thing naveen, although 6000k bulbs are supposed to be daylight coloured, they are almost always bluish. Im looking for something between yellow and white

6000k bulbs will have a tinge of blue are looking for yellow and white, 4300k is the one to go for. Kindly check my video for the color temp of my car.