Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-323.html)

Unfortunately, the results cannot be known by pics/video. If it is shot in complete darkness then it is even more difficult. You can only feel the difference when you experience in real and against oncoming traffic. But going by the video, i could see the beam is not blue-ish which causes problems to vehicles travelling in opposite direction

I am looking for good quality LED DRLs like this or similar ones for my Beat:
(not the flexible strips)

Name:  010458871pri.png
Views: 3940
Size:  63.3 KB
Name:  LEDay Flex Group.png
Views: 3922
Size:  139.8 KB
My Hella Lights :: LEDayFlex DRL

OR like this:

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0174.jpg
Amg Style LED DRL "Angled" - Kia Forte Forum : Sedan and Forte Koup Forums

Is there any chance of getting these kind of DRLs in India?
I have checked some of the shops in Bangalore, but most of the car accessory shop people are new to the term DRL:Frustrati.

I had posted this earlier in my ownership thread but did not get any reply.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2256960

Quote:

Originally Posted by salbin (Post 2285003)
I am looking for good quality LED DRLs like this or similar ones for my Beat:
(not the flexible strips)

Attachment 520492
Attachment 520493
My Hella Lights :: LEDayFlex DRL

OR like this:

Attachment 520495
Amg Style LED DRL "Angled" - Kia Forte Forum : Sedan and Forte Koup Forums

Is there any chance of getting these kind of DRLs in India?
I have checked some of the shops in Bangalore, but most of the car accessory shop people are new to the term DRL:Frustrati.

I had posted this earlier in my ownership thread but did not get any reply.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2256960

These are similar to the ones that's currently there on the Merc. I havent seen them in any shops here.

The ones in the shops are a bit expensive. I bought normal DRL's (a bit smaller) online. It came around 1.5k and ordered new sets for less than 1k (bigger ones). Please see the pics below. The white swift is mine and the Black car is my friends and that's a Chevy Beat too.

Yesterday,while purchasing Hella Red Grill's for my ride.
i came across,an interesting deal
A pair of projectors,with angel eyes,and H4 BI-Xenon 6000K HID for 5.5K.
The projector's build quality was decent,but they were some chinese brand.
has anyone seen their beam spread?
how good or bad it is?

@ akshay4587

Any pictures of the box?

@DV,no pictures.
HID and projectors can be bought separately too.
its just that as a part of deal they are being sold separately.
I have asked for a Demo next week,then i will think of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2285118)
These are similar to the ones that's currently there on the Merc. I havent seen them in any shops here.

The ones in the shops are a bit expensive. I bought normal DRL's (a bit smaller) online. It came around 1.5k and ordered new sets for less than 1k (bigger ones). Please see the pics below. The white swift is mine and the Black car is my friends and that's a Chevy Beat too.

Thanks Naveen.
Me too searched lot of shops in bangalore. Only one fellow was having it. That too very expensive @6K and not very attractive. Another man from JC road told that he will be getting the ones similar to Merc and will cost around 2.7K. Dont know whether he is really getting it.
Can you share some info about the online store from where you purchased it. Is it only the lights or with the wiring kit?
Could you please share some pics taken in day light?
Where in Ekm did you find the expensive ones? I will be there for 2 days from day after tomorrow. So if time permits, would like to search for it.
I liked the Hella ones with the LED placed on top and the reflectors do a good job in making the light really bright and big.
Found these reviews in youtube:
YouTube - TM Tuning LED Daytime Running lights
YouTube - New Hella Dayline LED DRL kit

Quote:

Originally Posted by salbin (Post 2285445)
Thanks Naveen.
Me too searched lot of shops in bangalore. Only one fellow was having it. That too very expensive @6K and not very attractive. Another man from JC road told that he will be getting the ones similar to Merc and will cost around 2.7K. Dont know whether he is really getting it.
Can you share some info about the online store from where you purchased it. Is it only the lights or with the wiring kit?
Could you please share some pics taken in day light?
Where in Ekm did you find the expensive ones? I will be there for 2 days from day after tomorrow. So if time permits, would like to search for it.
I liked the Hella ones with the LED placed on top and the reflectors do a good job in making the light really bright and big.
Found these reviews in youtube:
YouTube - TM Tuning LED Daytime Running lights
YouTube - New Hella Dayline LED DRL kit

I found few at Emperor, opp EMC. Hella DRL's are really good and they provide great output. The ones I use are not bright, they are of decent output.

You can find various other DRL's in this online shop. Reasonable price, that's the reason why I bought it. Much cheaper than the ones found here. Here are the sites.

Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Worldwide Free Shipping - DealExtreme
store.ijdmtoy.com

Have bought lights from both sites. Decent quality and shipping usually takes around 10-15 days. You can even find the Merc DRL's here.

Do not have daylight pics. The ones attached are some of the closest pics clicked during the day.

Salbin, long time:)

You can get many types of DRLs from accessory shops but the quality is under suspect as 99% of these are cheap Chinese imitations. I am also using one (refer Naveen's first set of pic, thats my Beat)

This is what I bought:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-sku_45565_1.jpg

I bought it from here:
$28.00 - Universal Waterproof White 8-LED 120-Lumen Daytime Running Fog Lights for Car (Pair) - Car LED Light Bulbs

You can find different types from here. This is the one you were referring to:

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-sku_52263_3.jpg
$37.80 - High Power Waterproof White 6W 1200-Lumen Daytime Running Lamp/Lights for Benz E300 (12V/Pair) - Car LED Light Bulbs

Only glitch is you need to have good patience for the waiting period as it takes big amount of time to get it delivered and there's very few options are left for the customers to track the orders while in transit. Low value items will take a min of 1 month and some thing above $25 will be much better in terms of delivery time. So if you have a Paypal A/c, call is yours:D

Here's some of the snap shots with the DRLs and LEDs.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-p3200043-medium.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-p3200058-medium.jpg

Name:  P3200060 Medium.JPG
Views: 2593
Size:  60.0 KB

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-p3200063-medium.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-p3200070-medium.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-p3200072-medium.jpg

sajjt, your car looks brilliant with the white lights! :D
What kind of bulbs did you use on the headlight? The small bulbs on the headlights and the white lights on the number plate? can you tell me the exact type used?
I will get them for my car.

Thanks Sajan & Naveen for your inputs.
I will have a look at the ones available at Emperor and then decide.
The online store seems to be very good. Lot of DIY stuff :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Slow (Post 2286089)
sajjt, your car looks brilliant with the white lights! :D
What kind of bulbs did you use on the headlight? The small bulbs on the headlights and the white lights on the number plate? can you tell me the exact type used?
I will get them for my car.

:)

This is the one in the headlights as position lamps.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-sku_51372_1.jpg

$4.50 - T10 2W 6500K 126-Lumen 9-SMD LED Car White Light Bulbs (Pair/DC 12V) - Car LED Light Bulbs

And the licence plate LEDs
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-sku_51106_1.jpg

$1.81 - T10 0.25W 7-LED 6500K 30-Lumen White Light Bulbs for Car (DC 12V/Pair) - Car LED Light Bulbs

Its not as bright as in the pic as its an over exposed shot but it serves its duty for position as well as for show off:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by salbin (Post 2286357)
Thanks Sajan & Naveen for your inputs.
I will have a look at the ones available at Emperor and then decide.
The online store seems to be very good. Lot of DIY stuff :)

Do make a visit to the places Naveen mentioned so that you can have a touch & feel experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 2285128)
The projector's build quality was decent,but they were some chinese brand.

Just looking at it would not be a good way to judge build quality. It's about how reliably & well it performs, IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajjt (Post 2286476)
:)
Do make a visit to the places Naveen mentioned so that you can have a touch & feel experience.

Sure.. May be tomorrow or day after I will try to visit Emperor.

Folks...I've got my Figo delivered...am interested in going for the HID kit...my questions - would it void warranty... which would be a good HID kit for the Figo and what pricing..approxx.....

cheers !

RD