Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-32.html)

Iraghava: Thanks for that info, how much would that cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 482914)
Iraghava: Thanks for that info, how much would that cost?

The Wiring Kit costs Rs. 750/- (retail price), I got it for 700.

Just got my Philips X-treme Power Halogens delivered. These are of the standard 55/60W, but claim to deliver 80% more light than the regular fare. Basically the brightest street legal halogens in the world today.

I will be fitting them on my Lancer soon. Will let you guys know how they work!

Link to pic:
Picasa Web Albums - razor4077 - Lancer - WIP

how much do these bulbs cost razor, also i have philips crystal vision on my alto and i am not happy with that as well, is it possible to make my crystal glow more like the plasma xenons, or do i just get xenons

@johy: thanks for all the info.

Let me search for the bulbs here in town. Will get in touch if i need any help.

:)

hi guys..
wanna change my headlight bulbs in my esteem to somethin better....i usually drive in the city..so which one do i go for...
Philips blue vision or crystal vision..or better......also would like to know how much it may cost...
rgrds,
angelfire

@xinome: bought these for USD 40.00, which translates to roughly 1600 INR at the time of buying. Got them on autolamps-online.com, which provides free shipping, anywhere in the world (takes a little while to reach, but thats ok).

I doubt you can make your crystalvision bulbs "glow" more. As for xenons, their pros and cons have been extensively discussed earlier in this thread.

how much customs duty have you paid?

______
Arup

__________________________________________________ _________
Genius might be described as a supreme capacity for getting its possessors into trouble of all kinds - Samuel Butler

Zero. $40 is all inclusive.
They ship it as a "gift" item, so normally they aren't stopped at customs.

Whats the payment method, credit card?

Credit card is an option. I used my Paypal account.

Do post some pics, there are hardly any review of Xtreme power plus anywhere.
Fit one light and park against wall to compare with stock, like johy did.

Will do... will take a while though, since the car is being overhauled now.

Not sure if this has been asked already. No one seems to be stocking the philips vision + in bangalore. Car shringar, after 4,5 phone quoted 1050Rs for the pair. I suspected that he couldn't find one and tried to chicken me out. Some where in this thread it was qouted around 550 for the pair.

Every one seems to having only the "german" made rally.

Hi gk,
If you are looking for a better night vision than your stocks, go for philips crystalvision which will defenitely bring some difference in your night driving. I am not sure of its performance on highway since I havent got a chance to try it yet. But city driving, I am sure, I cant complain. Also it gives a very HID-like feel from outside, not disturbing to the oncoming traffic when used in low beam. I got it for Rs.1000/- from car shringar which is quoted higher in most other shops. The pack contains a pair of parking lights too which will match the full white headlight unit. Beware of duplicates !!