Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-310.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BANDHAV (Post 2187771)
A noob question from my side, I have upgraded my Ritz's lighting system to 6k HID, but the heat generated by HIDs are damaging the upper portion of reflactor, what can be done about the same? Will fitting after market projector solve the problem? If yes, then from where can I source the projectors and at what price?

Have you put in HIDs or white colour halogens? As far as I know, HIDs produce lot less heat and it cannot damage the reflectors.

I have put 6K HID only, its an Imported Korean make called HID with analogue blasters.

Quote:

A noob question from my side, I have upgraded my Ritz's lighting system to 6k HID, but the heat generated by HIDs are damaging the upper portion of reflactor, what can be done about the same? Will fitting after market projector solve the problem? If yes, then from where can I source the projectors and at what price?

Using HID's will never burn the reflectors. There is something seriously wrong with the HID's then. You should only go for branded HID's since there are many fake HID's in the market that can ruin the headlight assembly.
Using projectors may temp solve the problem, but it may ruin the projectors in the long run. So I would suggest you to go for a branded HID's rather than investing money on projectors.

Quote:

HIDs will never produce more heat than Halogens cause the fundamental procedure to product light is totally different in HIDs. In halogens you have the coil which heats up to product light but it also produces heat. In HID there are no coils involved.

Check in the bulb whether you have a coil inside it. If yes then its not HID. You may also want to check the connections.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley2 (Post 2187090)
I enquired about the cost in JC road.

Osram H4 7000K - 7800/-

Hi,

In which shop you got this price?

Two days back it was quoted for 9 -9.5k, for philips 10-10.5k in 3-4shops with 1 yr replacement warranty. in one of the shop he recommended P8 from amritra's for 7.8k, is any one using P8's? how is the performance?

Actually P8 is available for Rs.6.375 from main distributor, a cheapest available HID's in bangalore market.

Is OSRAM HID kit available with 4300K bulbs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by subbarao (Post 2188040)
Actually P8 is available for Rs.6.375 from main distributor, a cheapest available HID's in bangalore market.

Please mention the main distributor details

I'm thinking of replacing my HID with Halogens, what are the best and most powerful H1 Bulbs out there?

Hi,

Here is the link/address for P8, MRP will be 8.5k, 25% discount offered, final price will be 6375/-,

Make a call to ph. no showned, they have stock in other place in shanthinagar they will provide u a address of the same,

If i visit here tommorrow in office i will update the 2nd address also.

By the way i am not getting actual user review page/link on P8,
Kindly give me link.:)

Amritras India

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2187552)
The exact white light of the HID bulbs cannot be replicated with normal halogens bulbs. ..... Now am using Auto Gauge HID's with Projector headlights.

HID's will be expensive. You could try out Auto Gauge or Philips, where Auto Gauge will be the cheaper option when compared to Philips.

Is Autoguage is a brand in HID kit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 2187700)
All visions except for Essential Vision is of no use as they block quite a bit of the visible light. All the bulbs that we see coated with blue or gold color will obstruct some amount of light to give the desired light color.
..... Just this weekend had night drives for 430kms and the 90/100 did not feel inadequate. (I wear glasses so there is some more glare of oncoming vehicles)

So can I settle down with Philips blue vision 100/90W for my head lights and hella comet 500.
Should I require a seperate relay kit for both?
Is there any other make/brand which gives me white light like blue vision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by subbarao (Post 2188040)
Hi,

In which shop you got this price?

Two days back it was quoted for 9 -9.5k, for philips 10-10.5k in 3-4shops with 1 yr replacement warranty. in one of the shop he recommended P8 from amritra's for 7.8k, is any one using P8's? how is the performance?

This shop is next to car gold ie on the right hand side after that passage to hotel. Its a imported kit from China(fake..?). It comes with 6 months service warrenty.
How about P8's - ANy user reviews.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley2 (Post 2188796)
So can I settle down with Philips blue vision 100/90W for my head lights and hella comet 500.
Should I require a seperate relay kit for both?
Is there any other make/brand which gives me white light like blue vision.

Yup comet 500 along with Philips Rallye 100/90 would be a good combination. The reason for not suggesting white light is because firstly in the rains or wet road its useless, secondly your eyes will get tired staring at the road illuminated by white light for a longer time. I have personally felt this when on long night travel, hence, changed back to Philips Rallye, which is slightly yellowish.

For relay of the main H/L you can choose anything from Roots to Hella relay or even now i saw Finolex. The Comets are 55w i think so relay will not be required but its good to put a cut out.

AUto Gauge isnt very popular here, but I have been using it for more than a year now. Am completely satisfied with it. But Philips would be recommended. You could try Osram too. But the light wont be as bright as HID's. Just a tinge of white light will be added to these bulbs.

Yes, you will need a relay and ceramic holders if you are going for higher rated bulbs.

I just bought a pair of Philips Xtreme power H4 60/55 watts. Part number 12342xps2. I put them in lieu of my factory fitted philps bulbs that came in the Cruze. The price differential between the factory bulb and the fancy bulbs is huge. Just for the heck of it I bought 130/90 bulbs too from Hella for comparison sake. I fixed a high amperage plug and play roots relay system.

The results are:-
The factory OEM philips bulbs 60/55 watts are adequate for sedate speeds.
The Philips :FrustratiXtreme Power 60/55 watts is an utter waste. They are negligibly brighter than OEM and definitely not worth the cost.
The Hella 130/90 are extremely bright but I did not have the guts to use them over extended periods because the plastic headlamps became extremely hot such that I could not touch them for long periods with bare hands.
I am running the Philips Xtreme power till they conk off and then going to get myself the Hella 100/55 watts bulb which is the perfect match for the Cruze plastic headlight system or any headlight thats got a plastic front.
Hella H4 - Auto Parts and Accessories - Product Reviews, Compare Prices, and Shop at Shopping.com
Please note the dip beam was the one that was making the headlamp front hotter than the high beam. I shall make the long explanation short.
In dipped beam the entire 90 watts is concentrated onto the top half of the headlamp due to the convex shield inside the bulb which directs all the heat to the top half.
When using the 130 watts high beam the filament heat is distributed to the whole of the glass which in other words means 65 watts to the top half and 65 watts to the bottom half.

If your pockers are deep forget HID they are lighting systems of the past and they are candles compared to these LED systems. If you want high :Dpower lighting use LED instead though they cost a bomb.
Litestorm Extreme

Thank you guys for all your inputs.
I have put a cutout and ceramic holders for my new bulbs.

Regards,
ARS

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpullockaran (Post 2190470)
If your pockers are deep forget HID they are lighting systems of the past and they are candles compared to these LED systems. If you want high :Dpower lighting use LED instead though they cost a bomb.
Litestorm Extreme

Wow! would love to use them on some high beam happy maniacs like truckers and cabbies :D

@drpullockaran

I switched to Xtreme power in my i20 and i can say that there is at least 40% increase in the intensity of light.I am satisfied with the improvement over the stock setup.

What i feel is,maybe your stock setup had pretty good bulbs.so you are not feeling much of a difference.Check out which bulbs you had previously.In my case the stock bulbs are osram bilux and they are just average for city and useless for highways.Thats why i feel a great deal of improvement!