Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-31.html)

Johy the correct way to do light test is to take pic from inside a car with lights falling on the wall,.
What you did is a "glare test".
A better lens may have lesser glare and yet ouput better light on the road.

Thanks tsk, will try to redo it today evening.

I hope they do justice to bulbs. I did not have the patience to go find a nice flat wall (so did it where I park my car in), but I will do it maybe in the future.

Car: Wagon R Vxi (2006)

OEM used Halonix H4 12V 60/55W

compared to

Philips Vision Plus H4 12V 60/55W

1. OEM (Low Beam)

2. Vision Plus (Low Beam)

3. OEM (High Beam)

4. Vision Plus (High Beam)

Johy - Thats a impressive difference with the same wattage, guess its going to be better with higher wattage bulbs.

True, BUSA, but I really did not want to use the 100 W ones and give a lot of trouble to oncoming traffic.

Now what I am reallly looking for is a good pair of fog lamps that can go in the stock location of my Wagon R. Something that is good in fog and rain.

Also, I use a black sticker on the top of my headlights. I have noticed that a lot of cars don't use them. I have removed them twice, but both times I have been flashed much too often by oncoming trucks and the like - so I have put them back. Although there is the headlight leveler installed, I think without the black sticker, even stock headlights cause a lot of glare to oncoming traffic. Any suggestions here?

Black sticker should not be used on modern headlights. Instead the halogens have their tips blackened, and also where the bulb fits there is a cap in front. If your headlights are blinding oncoming traffic there is something wrong with aiming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 482286)
...and also where the bulb fits there is a cap in front.

I am a little confused here. What kind of cap? A picture would help. Please.

If you look at the headlight dead front, you will not be able to see the bulb. Its behind a silver cap.
In your pic you have held the bulb in your hands, note that the tip is blackened.

Modern headlights are designed so as not to give glare to oncoming traffic, but many bulbs fail in the glare test.
Philips bluevision is a nice bulb and will not blind oncoming traffic.
All the light which is glare is actually useless as it is not falling on the road.

Johy,

I own a wagonR, and would love to have better lighting.

Can you answer a few questions?

1. Philips Vision Plus H4 12V 60/55W. is this what i need to seach for?
2. Will it be available at car dealers? Or will i have to order?
3. Any installation costs? Any installation procedures?
4. Wiring needed?
5. How much did it costs for the fog lamps?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 482395)
Philips bluevision is a nice bulb and will not blind oncoming traffic.
All the light which is glare is actually useless as it is not falling on the road.

Thanks tsk, I get the picture...off goes my stickers and if I still do get flashed, I will have to show it to the MASS to see if the direction can be rectified. You mean VisionPlus right, not BlueVision?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 482403)
Johy,

I own a wagonR, and would love to have better lighting.

Can you answer a few questions?

1. Philips Vision Plus H4 12V 60/55W. is this what i need to seach for?

Yes, the same.

2. Will it be available at car dealers? Or will i have to order?

I had to order it because it was not available in any local shop. I have been looking for over a year, but I live in a fairly-small place.

3. Any installation costs? Any installation procedures?

I installed it myself, just read the manual.

To remove old bulb:

Preparation - Make sure the bulbs are cool and they have not been on for long time before removing. The bulbs do get pretty hot if on for a long period of time.

a) Open the bonnet
b) Remove the coupler (that connects the wires to the back of the bulbs)
c) Remove the rubber sealing cap.
c) Remove a retaining clip. Just press it half-way, move it sideways, and then "unclip" it.
d) Then remove the bulb.

Install in reverse order. You can look from the front to see that the small "notch" on the bulb is snugly fit to the "groove" - make sure the bulb is snugly fit - it will fit only one way.

e) Wash hands with soap and water :)

4. Wiring needed?

No extra wiring.

5. How much did it costs for the fog lamps?

Fog lamps were for 450/- I think, but they are not too good. I am looking for better fog lamps which will fit my stock locations. I think if I got for Hella, I have to have extra fitments. Any suggestions for fog lights anyone?

Yea vision plus I mean. Typo.
Your right headlight should be aimed slightly lower so as not to blind anyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Absar (Post 456864)
Regarding to Hella Rallye 4000 driving lamps, I was quoted 7.2k for this. It would be having 100w. Is it the correct pricing? And also how do we know if its not a fake? I actually want Hella Rallye 4000 with 130w. Could we change the bulb after buying it?

A

No one has an answer for this??? :(

A

Team,

I am considering upgrading my NHC VTEC's headlight. The stock one is bad to say the least.

Pls suggest the best upgrade (blue/white lighting) that would not void my warranty, nor burn away the reflectors / cover. Any inputs on the possible cost and a reliable accessories store in Bangalore would be great.

Thanks.

Folks my OHC is still running on the 55/60 setup, which makes driving at night a difficult experience.

Was suggested to upgrade to 90/100 by many. since its an simple procedure.
but came to know from a service advisor at WFH that thier is a chance of the bulb holder burning out if the lights are used for long. same was told to my friend when he wanted to upgrade to 90/100(hyundia elantra)

Now i have one more option that is fitting extra lights, but this will be more expensive. not sure if this will help?

so guys some inputs

I'm currently running 100/90 Hella Gold's on my OHC. The thing to do is that you need to upgrade your wiring kit to one rated upto 130/110 W. The kit I bought (Roots) also comes with ceramic holders which will not melt while using these bulbs.

I've been using the same for over 6 months now without any problems.