Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2010, 15:04   #4546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
I appreciate your reply sajit.
Another query with regards to relays.

1. Should I use two 200W individually for left and right H4 headlights of my 2000 Zen?
Or

2. Should I use one Bosch 300W relay for both the headlights and use the wiring that comes with the Bosch relay.
Personally I will opt for the 1st choice as the headlights are vital for night drives, if anything happens to the relay, only one of them will fail. I had a bitter experience like this, had to drive more than 10Kms without lights just because of the HL relay fault and hence forth I will advice this to any one.

Admitting that there are reliable brands like Hella, Bosch etc. out there and known for their quality. But once you are in middle of a soup or at the time of upgrading the bulbs to higher watts, our grease monks will persuade to use the local brands which are obviously higher rated on prints but in reality they lacks quality. I hope you got my point.

Quote:
3. Can't I use the present wiring that had come with HI-LEK 200W relay and that had been used with 100/90W?
I don't know this brand so can't comment on this.

Quote:
4. Also, what all models does Philips offer in 130/100W apart from Rally (which is presumably the best)?
Philips Xtreme Vision claims 100% more light than the conventional ones, and Xtreme Power Claims 80% more light. There's Blue Vision too, but being with a higher CT, visibility during rain/fog will be sacrificed. I've'nt used any of these so let the fellow members comment on this.
Old 26th November 2010, 16:10   #4547
BHPian

Okay. I think I will have to use separate relays for LHS and RHS headlights mainly due to non-availability.
Now, do I buy just one more 200W relay without wiring or would I require extra wiring for such a mod keeping in mind that I already have a 200W relay and wiring installed.
Old 26th November 2010, 16:52   #4548
BHPian

Quote:
Okay. I think I will have to use separate relays for LHS and RHS headlights mainly due to non-availability.
Now, do I buy just one more 200W relay without wiring or would I require extra wiring for such a mod keeping in mind that I already have a 200W relay and wiring installed.
If you plan to use 2 relays then use separate wiring for each relay so as to ensure that if any of the relay contacts sticks. I have'nt seen this setup much, as the electrician may not like the idea too, but having a similar experience, I discussed with my electrician and he accepted this idea.
Old 28th November 2010, 23:59   #4549

Phillips White bulbs

Hie friends this is my first post on this forums,
i wanted to ask is it fine to add phillips white bulbs according to mumbai traffic rules as i was planning to add those in my m-800 with the new type 3 fitting i had enquired about the philips white bulbs which the person quoted me 700rs pair.

if i am asking something stupid please forgive me for that as i am new into this stuff so have 0% knowledge about it.
Old 29th November 2010, 13:47   #4550
BHPian

To all the Pundits, I have a problem and seek help. I changed my Chevy Spark headlights to Philips Bluevision 100/90 with the Roots kit last week. There is this particular problem which I am facing on and off. When I flash the headlights, the upper beam wont turn on. When I move the switch to the upper position, the lights wont turn on. I then have to switch the lights on and off a couple of times to get both the beams working properly. Why would this happen? Need help here guys !!!

PS: The Blue vision lights are pretty powerful. I am enjoying the bright throw.
Old 29th November 2010, 14:25   #4551
BHPian

I was using Philips ralley 100/90w with relay kit in my Safari, but problem is that you can not close headlight cover in the back, so dust was accumulated in headlight. Now yesterday I got cleaned headlight and removed Phlips ralley and put stock bulbs. I an looking for Philips xtreme power 60/55 W(80% more light) or any H4 with white light(Diamond vision). As shopkeeper shouwed me philps blue vision with 100/90w. He was saying i can use them in Safari without relay and he is doing it from long time without any problems.

Pls suggest should I go for Blue vision 100/90w or 60/55 w xtreme power or 60/55W Diamond vision
Old 29th November 2010, 16:15   #4552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikrantD View Post
To all the Pundits, I have a problem and seek help. I changed my Chevy Spark headlights to Philips Bluevision 100/90 with the Roots kit last week. There is this particular problem which I am facing on and off. When I flash the headlights, the upper beam wont turn on. When I move the switch to the upper position, the lights wont turn on. I then have to switch the lights on and off a couple of times to get both the beams working properly. Why would this happen? Need help here guys !!!

This will due to an improper installation. Check the wiring from the relay to the bulbs. There will be a loose contact in that.
Old 29th November 2010, 17:05   #4553
BHPian

Quote:

Dear Vikrant, check the relay wiring. I think the relay wiring is mixed up.

Did you get it installed or tried yourself? I faced similar issue when I tried to install HL relay as DIY.

Regards,
Jose.
Old 29th November 2010, 17:31   #4554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Take the car back to the shop and ask them to put in another relay and check.
This sounds like a relay problem.
Old 30th November 2010, 11:08   #4555
BHPian

Thanks all. I shall take it back to the shop and get it checked this weekend.
Old 30th November 2010, 18:23   #4556

i wanted to ask is it fine to add phillips white bulbs according to mumbai traffic rules as i was planning to add those in my m-800 with the new type 3 fitting i had enquired about the philips white bulbs which the person quoted me 700rs pair.
Old 30th November 2010, 19:05   #4557
BHPian

50 to 100, Yellow to White, Philips to Osram

I was not comfortable with the stock lights on my 2009 Wagon R so first switched to a Hella Relay and 90/100 Philips normal bulb for around 1000 Rs.

Than wanted to try white and got 60 white by Philips as they don't produce 100 in white. But again was dissapointed, so finally shifted to Osram 100 white for Rs 670 and it has really really helped in the darkest of roads.

I am mentioning it because most people in the forum recommended Philips so i thought there was something wrong with Osram. But after using it for these many weeks i can assure future users that Osram has no problem and in fact better and cheaper than Philips.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-san1386.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-san1384.jpg
Old 30th November 2010, 19:51   #4558
Senior - BHPian

SanPhrangmung: Good to hear that you found your bulb match in Osram 100/90. Philips bulbs are easier to find that's why you hear most of the folks talking about Philips. Osram is a respected German company with high quality products. Original Philips Rally series bulbs are highly regarded though, but thing with Philips is that its easy to find duplicates. So they may not perform as expected.
Old 30th November 2010, 21:10   #4559
BHPian

Sankar > can you kindly compare Narva white 100/90 with Osram white 100/90 as i am currently using the Narva Original German made bulbs in my ANHC but i find its light brightness insufficient after using it for few months. Now can i go for the Osram white bulbs ? or Philips Blue or Diamond 100/90 white bulbs?
Old 1st December 2010, 10:23   #4560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
I was not comfortable with the stock lights on my 2009 Wagon R so first switched to a Hella Relay and 90/100 Philips normal bulb for around 1000 Rs.

Than wanted to try white and got 60 white by Philips as they don't produce 100 in white. But again was dissapointed, so finally shifted to Osram 100 white for Rs 670 and it has really really helped in the darkest of roads.

I am mentioning it because most people in the forum recommended Philips so i thought there was something wrong with Osram. But after using it for these many weeks i can assure future users that Osram has no problem and in fact better and cheaper than Philips.

Attachment 461690

Attachment 461691
You are absolutely right. I had used Osram Cool blue (90100w) in my swift for two months. They performed really well. Then upgraded to projectors and gave away the bulbs to a fellow bhpian. I would recommend Osram if anyone is looking for a cheaper alternative. They perform really well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks