Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2010, 15:26   #4261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
This IMO is not a strobe light sir..

Strobe lights are different and catch ones attention easily..I've got one in my Gypsy doing duty as an extra brake light mounted on the roof!!
True. This aint a strobe light. But since he had mentioned F1 cars, I had a feeling that he was looking out for these. Strobes are really bright as you said. Let's see what he is after.
Thanks
Old 22nd September 2010, 18:09   #4262
BHPian

Can somebody tell me a good HID kit for Ritz? I want to get the stock head lights replaced because they are hopelessly inadequate.
I spoke to Satya from EVO today. He said he has one brand of HID for 4300K which he can fit it tomorrow. Will it affect the warranty?

Can anybody tell me any other good ones around or any other shop in Bangalore?

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 22nd September 2010 at 18:12.
Old 22nd September 2010, 18:29   #4263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I spoke to Satya from EVO today. He said he has one brand of HID for 4300K which he can fit it tomorrow.
Which brand was it and what was the cost?

If you are planning to put HID's in stock headlamps, please do yourself and other drivers a favor by "not" doing it. The stray light glare produced by such mismatched optics is notoriously high and blinds oncoming traffic even on a 4-lane and could even put yourself in danger. No offense but please don't get added to the bunch of dim-wits in Bangalore (and elsewhere) who roams around with such unscientific contraptions putting every road user in danger. They have become such a menace that we should even ban discussing such setup's here.

Projector headlamps designed specifically for HID's are the only way to go if you want to switch to HID's. I'm yet to see a Ritz with projectors though. Search on Ebay and you may find something which can be adapted to your car.

If you are the DIY kind, TRS is a great source for such retrofit kits and a treasure trove of HID retrofit information.

The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications

Also there are some TBHP members (Smokin, I guess) who customizes normal headlights to include OEM projectors.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 22nd September 2010 at 18:44.
Old 22nd September 2010, 18:53   #4264
BHPian

@ Digital_Vampire, No offense taken. I have also been at the receiving end of many such 'dim-wits' with blinding lights in Namma Bengalooru!

I think it was xenos or something along those lines. It was about 6K rupees for 4300K. Also, i read that HID on stock HL is illegal and adversely affect the on coming traffic.
Thanks for pointing out the same.

What is the alternative? Can i get projectors for Ritz?
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:31   #4265
BHPian

Thanks Naveenvenkatesh!

You could try if a plug-n-play solution with projectors is available for Ritz. Being an International model, I guess it would be available for Ritz in other markets.

But if you are taking the DIY route, ThE Godfather's projector retrofit on his safari should give you some good pointers. You can find it linked below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ari-2-2-a.html

Easier (but sometimes expensive) solutions exist in the form of Morimoto Projector kits from TRS (linked in my previous post). You'd still need to open up the headlight using a big oven or a heat gun.

Luckily for me, I could source an after-market projector headlamp for my Tucson from US. The low-beams are projectors and the high beams are normal H1 bulbs along with some LED DRL's and Angel Eye's thrown in. See snapshot below.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-tucson_projector.jpg  

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 22nd September 2010 at 19:32.
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:17   #4266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@ Digital_Vampire, No offense taken. I have also been at the receiving end of many such 'dim-wits' with blinding lights in Namma Bengalooru!

I think it was xenos or something along those lines. It was about 6K rupees for 4300K. Also, i read that HID on stock HL is illegal and adversely affect the on coming traffic.
Thanks for pointing out the same.

What is the alternative? Can i get projectors for Ritz?

As naveenvenki had mentioned, it's not a good idea of installing HID's onto the stock HL's. It's illegal and will blind oncoming traffic. HID's are meant for projectors.

As for the Ritz since it's a pretty new model, it would be hard to find aftermarket projector kits for the car. But, you can try asking few shops whether they retrofit them. A skilled guy is essential for this for that stunning result.

You could also check out Auto Gauge HID's. I use them and got it for 7k.

In blore, you can try EVO, Sprocket.

Naveen
Old 23rd September 2010, 12:27   #4267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Thanks Naveenvenkatesh!

You could try if a plug-n-play solution with projectors is available for Ritz. Being an International model, I guess it would be available for Ritz in other markets.

But if you are taking the DIY route, ThE Godfather's projector retrofit on his safari should give you some good pointers. You can find it linked below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ari-2-2-a.html

Easier (but sometimes expensive) solutions exist in the form of Morimoto Projector kits from TRS (linked in my previous post). You'd still need to open up the headlight using a big oven or a heat gun.

Luckily for me, I could source an after-market projector headlamp for my Tucson from US. The low-beams are projectors and the high beams are normal H1 bulbs along with some LED DRL's and Angel Eye's thrown in. See snapshot below.
Thanks. I was having a look at the Morimoto Mini (H1) from the link you pasted above. I can pick it up in the US. I am headed there early next month.I just want to confirm if they are compatible with Ritz.
I had a talk with Satya from EVO and he said he can customer fit any bixenon setup onto the Ritz.
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:02   #4268
BHPian

Are these Morimoto Mini better than E55 Bixenons from Hella?
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:20   #4269
BHPian

Quote:
I had a talk with Satya from EVO and he said he can customer fit any bixenon setup onto the Ritz.
Check with Satya if he really meant custom fitting projector lamps or ordinary bi-xenon's (they are like normal HID lamps with the only difference that they have a HI/LO control)

Quote:
Are these Morimoto Mini better than E55 Bixenons from Hella?
Not sure whether one is better than the other, but Morimoto Mini's are derived from the famous FX-R projectors which are supposedly better.

Quoting TRS
Quote:
These projectors are ideal for retrofitting H4 halogen headlights with their included H4 adapter plates, allowing a "plug n play" type installation with no cutting/modification to the headlight, and an instant horizontal alignment.
I haven't used a Morimoto kit yet, but the beam patterns and light quality I saw on various installs on TRS forums are truly astounding. I'm also planning to get Morimoto kits for my other cars.
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:10   #4270
BHPian

@ Digital Vampire, thanks. I think i will pick up "Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) " Seems ideal for Ritz. They have a H4 Bi xenon wiring harness also included in the kit. This should help matters.

Are Philips 4300K genuine bulbs available in India or shall i pick those up as well?
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:33   #4271
BHPian

Quote:
Are Philips 4300K genuine bulbs available in India or shall i pick those up as well?
I suggest you get the complete package from TRS. Its too difficult to distinguish between Genuine and Fake Philips HID bulbs. Lets leave it to the experts.
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:36   #4272
BHPian

There are lot of fakes for Philips HID.

OE will have a security label and you can check the kit by verifying the secuity label online.

Each security label has a unique 14 digit serial number & pattern. You can go to the Philips website verification page at Philips Lighting Asia Pacific and enter the number to verify it is a genuine Philips made product.

The Philips kits also come with digital CANBUS compliant ballasts. You can use a CANBUS HID kit on a non-CANBUS car with no problems. In other words, they are backwards compatible.

Hope this will help.

Last edited by sajjt : 23rd September 2010 at 15:40.
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:53   #4273
BHPian

Hi All

I am looking to upgrade the headlamps in my i10. On a recent trip back from Tiruchy, I was horrified to see what they can (or can not) do. The drive took me an hour or two longer owing to bad lighting.

Dont get me wrong, as I am not one of those drivers who wants to "blind" his/her way forward. Considering highway saftey in mind, and better sense of "being in control" I decided to spend on it.

I tried searching for posts relating to i10 headlamps but didnt find many that were relevant, maybe coz and a newbie here.

Hope to see my fellow bhp-ians swing into action!
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:01   #4274
BHPian

@ Sajjt Thanks for the info. This is really helpful.

Also, does anybody know i can use the kit on the Polo as well? I am contemplating buying the Polo next year and would love to have HID for that as well.
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:22   #4275
BHPian

Quote:
@ Sajjt Thanks for the info. This is really helpful.

Also, does anybody know i can use the kit on the Polo as well? I am contemplating buying the Polo next year and would love to have HID for that as well.
If you buy a H4 HID conversion kit its possible, but remember HID in stock reflectors are illegal and it produces hell of glares to on comers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks