Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-275.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2025828)
If you use it during a long run, it will blacken your headlights. Also, the plastic coating on the headlamp unit will start to peel. This is because a lot of heat is trapped inside the unit.

Can anybody advise a solution to this peeling off of the plastic coating or blackening of the headlights?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fine69 (Post 2026923)
Can anybody advise a solution to this peeling off of the plastic coating or blackening of the headlights?

There isnt a solution for this. If you use high rated bulbs for long term, the headlights will blacken. It also depends upon the headlight assembly. My friends Getz headlight got blackened in 10 months of regular use.

Is Auxiliary Projector-HID setup is available in shops now, how about its price/feedback

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiny (Post 2027370)
Is Auxiliary Projector-HID setup is available in shops now, how about its price/feedback

Am not sure whether these are available. Havent actually seen one.

Quote:

Hella fog projectors are available. You need to replace the halogen with H3 HID. Check out Tyrex for prices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiTviN (Post 2025010)
Does anyone know where is the authorized Hella distributor in Bangalore? I checked their site. They have listed 3 shops. Cant make out who is a distributor.

Also, can anyone provide prices of the following Hella Auxiliory Lights?

Micro DE
Luminator Chromium
Luminator Compact Metal
Rallye 3000 CELIS
Luminator Compact Chromium
DE Xenon
Comet 200 Xenon

If someone has the pricelist kindly post it.

Any answers to my questions pls?

Thanks Naven,Sajjt

For upgrading to Projector H/L, is the existing stock H/L assy is modified.., how is this being done in accessory shops ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2025828)
5. Does 100/90 really blacken the headlamp insides?

I upgraded to 100/90 many months ago. so far no change in the headlamps color. but the increased brightness is appreciable.

Quote:

You only have hella DE projector fogs available in the market.. They cost you around 4-5k. Check my post in the previous pages, I posted hella projector foglamps pics which I have on my car. I got them from the USA though.

Here you go, Follow the link and you'll be able to see the pictures
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2006069-post4048.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by fine69 (Post 2026923)

This is a myth coz I have been using higher rated bulbs first in my karizma for 1.5 yrs & now the zen for close to 1yr but nothing of that has happened. I have driven for 2 drives in the night both around avg of 400kms with the same headlight. I also use it for my regular use in the city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiny (Post 2029449)
Thanks Naven,Sajjt

For upgrading to Projector H/L, is the existing stock H/L assy is modified.., how is this being done in accessory shops ?

There are two options:
1) Go for the readymade projector headlight assembly. You will have to replace your existing headlight with the new projector HL. This is simple.
2) If you dont get readymade projector HL for your car, you will have to modify your existing HL. You will need a very good installer for this.

What's your ride btw?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2029942)
There are two options:
1) Go for the readymade projector headlight assembly. You will have to replace your existing headlight with the new projector HL. This is simple.
2) If you dont get readymade projector HL for your car, you will have to modify your existing HL. You will need a very good installer for this.

What's your ride btw?

That's the first and foremost thing in choosing projectors. All projectors are not compatible, it depends on size of the HL assy, spread, height etc. But mostly people are concerned about the first parameter and compromise with the rest.

There's a very popular type of projectors are available in the market. Retrofit type. You need to pull out the glass by heating the gasket sealant, fix the projector from the front side to the reflector and tighten it with the screw to the reflector Done. Fix the glass by heating the sealant once again. Only the positioning will be remaining and that too in breeze. My projector is belong to this.

Here's some snaps

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-p1010081a.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-gchid-c21-.jpg

Another one with Packing
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-projector20kit20h4.jpg

Hello Everybody!
I have a Maruti Alto LXI and need fog lamps for it. I asked around (Auto stores) and found nothing :mad:.
Does anybody here knows the answer for 2 simple questions?

1) Can I install fog lamps on the Maruti Alto bumper?
2) If yes, is there a particular brand which is compatible with it?

Thank you,
-Z

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie69 (Post 2030134)
Hello Everybody!
I have a Maruti Alto LXI and need fog lamps for it. I asked around (Auto stores) and found nothing :mad:.

Thank you,
-Z

yeah u can install fogs....u can buy a maruti GA from the authorized maruti spare dealers. U can fix the old zen fogs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie69 (Post 2030134)
Hello Everybody!

Thank you,
-Z

I'm sure its possible. I've seen many Altos with fog lights. Why don't you try with Maruti dealers?