Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-264.html)

Do we have any PIAA dealers in India? Their website does not suggest that we have one in India, but someone in the rally circuit informed me that there are dealerships in India.

I am looking for PIAA auxillary lights for my Esteem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anuj1237 (Post 1936168)
hi. i plan to get a set of angel eyes and an led tail lamp for my accent viva. i already have hid's for my fogs and headlights.
1) can anybody post pictures if you have them installed on your car
2) can i use my existing HID kit for the angel eyes
3)approx cost?

thank you

PS-mods pls spare this post! every post of mine is delted. i have used the search option for hours and have not been able to find my answers. pls let this one be posted! thanks

Anuj:

First of all, congrats on your new eyes.
Now for the answers.

1) I have angel eyes on my Swift. Please check this link for the pics and videos.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...stom-modz.html

2) You can use the existing kit but as for the bulbs make sure they are of the same size. Since the angel eyes are aftermarket kits, they have different bulb size. I think you will have to change the bulbs. Stock swift had H4 and my new projector setup use H9 bulbs. You can use the same ballast and the wiring. Check your projector setup and see the type of bulb used.

3) I havent seen angel eyes/LED tail lights on an Accent. Guess both should come around 18k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 1936713)
Anuj:

First of all, congrats on your new eyes.
Now for the answers.

1) I have angel eyes on my Swift. Please check this link for the pics and videos.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...stom-modz.html

2) You can use the existing kit but as for the bulbs make sure they are of the same size. Since the angel eyes are aftermarket kits, they have different bulb size. I think you will have to change the bulbs. Stock swift had H4 and my new projector setup use H9 bulbs. You can use the same ballast and the wiring. Check your projector setup and see the type of bulb used.

3) I havent seen angel eyes/LED tail lights on an Accent. Guess both should come around 18k.

Naveen, how is highway night drive with kerala shower's been with your new headlamps?.
I have some news for you. I contact the guys at Galaxy. They were not in favour of me going in for these headlamps. The guy told me, it is a curse to drive on these headlamps on highways and during showers. And I guess they are sourcing it out of Bangalore. I had my doubts when they told me "we will send it to a partners shop in Bangalore", and I could collect it from them;).
In fact the angel eye headlamps i used now for two years is also a failure when it comes to highway and rains. My HID fogs help me out most of the time.
I am now planning on going in for a stock (smoked) headlamp(pic attached) with the best Philips H4 HID's in the market. Guess I need to move ahead with time;).
Cheers...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsmind (Post 1936956)
Naveen, how is highway night drive with kerala shower's been with your new headlamps?.
I have some news for you. I contact the guys at Galaxy. They were not in favour of me going in for these headlamps. The guy told me, it is a curse to drive on these headlamps on highways and during showers. And I guess they are sourcing it out of Bangalore. I had my doubts when they told me "we will send it to a partners shop in Bangalore", and I could collect it from them;).
In fact the angel eye headlamps i used now for two years is also a failure when it comes to highway and rains. My HID fogs help me out most of the time.
I am now planning on going in for a stock (smoked) headlamp(pic attached) with the best Philips H4 HID's in the market. Guess I need to move ahead with time;).
Cheers...

@SM:
In a way it's true. This is not recommended during showers. But since am running 4300k HIDs, it's a bit better. If I had fog HIDs, it would make a difference.
If you drive mostly during night/showers, I would recommend you to stick with stock headlights.
I liked the smoked HL. Think I have seen few more of these. Let me check my lap for the pics and will update you.
Keep me updated on the progress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 1937283)
@SM:
In a way it's true. This is not recommended during showers. But since am running 4300k HIDs, it's a bit better. If I had fog HIDs, it would make a difference.
If you drive mostly during night/showers, I would recommend you to stick with stock headlights.
I liked the smoked HL. Think I have seen few more of these. Let me check my lap for the pics and will update you.
Keep me updated on the progress.

Have you seen this model of smoked HL in India? It is costing 185USD with shipping from U.S or H.K, the actual cost is only half, shipping is the killer:Frustrati.
Kindly Keep me posted if us have found it in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsmind (Post 1937634)
Have you seen this model of smoked HL in India? It is costing 185USD with shipping from U.S or H.K, the actual cost is only half, shipping is the killer:Frustrati.
Kindly Keep me posted if us have found it in India.

Yep. I have seen this in few cars here in Cochin. Anyways, I will be going for some mods this weekend. I shall ask those guys whether they have these.

Philips Extreme Power is out of stock with AK Traders, Bangalore since the last 3 weeks. I have tried other shops in JC Road and Sachins Auto Shop without success. Anyone knows a shop where this is available in Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbraj (Post 1938837)
Philips Extreme Power is out of stock with AK Traders, Bangalore since the last 3 weeks. I have tried other shops in JC Road and Sachins Auto Shop without success. Anyone knows a shop where this is available in Bangalore?

is extreme power available in 100/90 also?

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdon (Post 1938853)
is extreme power available in 100/90 also?

I don't think so. Wattage is 60/55. Check out the philips websites here or here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbraj (Post 1938837)

Check out Sprocket, next to china pearl, Koramangala. If you stay near Frazer Town, there are few shops next to Thoms Bakery.

Query regarding Relay kit.

Was about get the hella relay installed on my ANHC, however seems there needs to be a wire cut ( as per the electrician supposed to install on my car). I immediately turned it down considering the warranty issues with Honda.

1. Do we really require a wire cut for installing hella relay kit? I heard its parallel install
2. If yes then what about the warranty. I read lot of people getting it installed on thier ANHC
3. If not then why did my mechanic said it needs a cut. According to him it was to connect to the switch. How do you connect the relay wires to the ANHC switching(On/Off) mechanishm?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailmishra (Post 1939552)
Query regarding Relay kit.

Was about get the hella relay installed on my ANHC, however seems there needs to be a wire cut ( as per the electrician supposed to install on my car). I immediately turned it down considering the warranty issues with Honda.

1. Do we really require a wire cut for installing hella relay kit? I heard its parallel install
2. If yes then what about the warranty. I read lot of people getting it installed on thier ANHC
3. If not then why did my mechanic said it needs a cut. According to him it was to connect to the switch. How do you connect the relay wires to the ANHC switching(On/Off) mechanishm?

Bhpians,

Please advice, I am really having tough time with the stock bulbs !!!

have an optra Magnum and have installed Philips HID's H4. Still not sufficient. Will projectors help? If so where can I get it done?

The stock Philips H4 60/55 W head lamps in my Ritz were pathetic. 3 months back I installed Mico-Bosch H4 100/90 W bulbs with Lumex relay kit. Last friday evening when I started my car and switched on the head light, found the low beam was not working and only right side high beam working. It was raining heavily that evening. I opened the bonnet and started looking at the relay fuses. With little twist, the other head light's high beam lit up. Low beam fuse was blown off and wires melted.

Today I just went ahead and replaced the whole Lumex realy kit with Hella relay kit and Philips Rally H4 100/90 W bulbs. As I was not satisfied with the throw of the Mico bulbs. Hella relay costs me Rs. 700 and two Philips bulbs Rs. 300.

Priliminay checked the performace in the Inorbit Malls basement parking, seems Philips Rally has better throw and intensity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailmishra (Post 1941454)
Bhpians,

Please advice, I am really having tough time with the stock bulbs !!!

To answer your queries -

1. Hella doesn't require a wire cut. Just plug-n-play.
2. As no wire cutting needed I don't think installing a relay would void the warranty. Please do check with others too.
3. May be your mechanic is not that proficient. Hella relay kit comes with all the wiring diagram, that will help you and your mechanic.

All the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by studedude (Post 1944724)
have an optra Magnum and have installed Philips HID's H4. Still not sufficient. Will projectors help? If so where can I get it done?

You got my reply for this. Think I have already replied?