Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-253.html)

I had earlier requested help in choosing 100w bulbs for my Dzire. Thanks for suggestions everyone. I tried calling some of the shops in Kochi Aluva area. here is what they said

1) 2 shops said they have philips rally bulbs but they have relay/cutoff kit only from some company called power or hipower. i am bit worried as i was asking for some reputed brand like hella or bosch. Has anyone had any experience with these brands ?

2) In both shops cost of rally 100w bulbs with this hipower/power relay kit comes to 1200 . is this reasonable ?

3) i then called kochi carnation. the lady who answered did not know about what i was asking so she had a sales guy call me back. the sales guy also had no clue what they had in their store. i could hear him asking someone else on what they had in stock but to no avail. Finally he told me that if they didnt have something they can source it and get it done for me . But i was not convinced as he had no clue on what i needed.

4) I tried calling Empire kochi (NH by pass shop) yesterday and today on 0484-2535984 but no one answered. This was listed on BSNL directory. Does anyone have a number that works?

5) One shop told me that to get white light they plug in CFLs onto the holders. what do you think guys?

@ArunSasi:

Have answer only for one of your queries:

2) Relay = ~500 / 600 Rs. Philips Rally = ~120 / 130 Rs per unit. So it should work out to ~750 / 850 Rs, max.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunsasi (Post 1780058)
I had earlier requested help in choosing 100w bulbs for my Dzire. Thanks for suggestions everyone. I tried calling some of the shops in Kochi Aluva area. here is what they said

1) 2 shops said they have philips rally bulbs but they have relay/cutoff kit only from some company called power or hipower. i am bit worried as i was asking for some reputed brand like hella or bosch. Has anyone had any experience with these brands ?

2) In both shops cost of rally 100w bulbs with this hipower/power relay kit comes to 1200 . is this reasonable ?

3) i then called kochi carnation. the lady who answered did not know about what i was asking so she had a sales guy call me back. the sales guy also had no clue what they had in their store. i could hear him asking someone else on what they had in stock but to no avail. Finally he told me that if they didnt have something they can source it and get it done for me . But i was not convinced as he had no clue on what i needed.

4) I tried calling Empire kochi (NH by pass shop) yesterday and today on 0484-2535984 but no one answered. This was listed on BSNL directory. Does anyone have a number that works?

5) One shop told me that to get white light they plug in CFLs onto the holders. what do you think guys?

i had upgraded my head lamps to philips rally (100/90) + roots wiring kit + roots relay for a total cost of 900Rs in trivandrum
130 Rs for each bulb = 300
Wiring kit = 500
relay = 100

prices quoted is on the higher side. do check with emperor. you should get a lower rate

[quote=arunsasi;1780058]

Try Emperor on 0484-2343127

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunsasi (Post 1780058)
One shop told me that to get white light they plug in CFLs onto the holders. what do you think guys?

What?:Shockked:
I hope he knew it was for your car, not your living room!

@Twiny. Thanks. The number works. "Emperor 0484-2343127"
Emperor gave me a slightly higher quote of around 950 for the relay (imported electronic kit as per them) and also 180 per bulb. they suggested 130 watts Osrams. I am in a wait and watch mode. I still think i can get a decent relay like bosch or roots with phlips rally for under 1000.

If I have to buy these parts and get it fixed locally, can someone please suggest some shops in Kochi ? I am also open to shop suggestions in Bangalore near around Forum /madiwala area preferably. Shops Trivandrum would be fine too as i drive there once a month.

Arunsasi, I have seen a Roots Shop at Vyttila Jn (exactly at the Busstop towards Aroor/Alleppey, near KR Bakes)

Philips bulbs can be sourced directly from the distributor, Cochin Exports,
Address:Cochin House M.K.K.Nair rd, Bye-pass Jn, Palarivattom Phone:91 484 2345873
Call to find the availability. They did not had/stock XtremPower 60/55, when I called them last week. However I bought Xtreme Power now, but still in dilemma whether to replace the stock with 60/55 Xtreme Power or 100/90 Ralley with kit

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunsasi (Post 1784437)
@Twiny. Thanks. The number works. "Emperor 0484-2343127"
Emperor gave me a slightly higher quote of around 950 for the relay (imported electronic kit as per them) and also 180 per bulb. they suggested 130 watts Osrams. I am in a wait and watch mode. I still think i can get a decent relay like bosch or roots with phlips rally for under 1000.

If I have to buy these parts and get it fixed locally, can someone please suggest some shops in Kochi ? I am also open to shop suggestions in Bangalore near around Forum /madiwala area preferably. Shops Trivandrum would be fine too as i drive there once a month.

130w might be a little bit too much hot even with ceramic holders. 100W would be more than enough

Some requirement for my cousin -

He is driving i10 and already have Philips 8000K HID bulb. Now he is looking to install Projector Setup for i10. Any idea from where he can get this (he is based in Palaghat - Coimbatore)? Any idea, how much it would cost?

Tried searching but failed :(

What's the fog lamp bulb of Safari ? H3? H1?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1790851)
Tried searching but failed :(

What's the fog lamp bulb of Safari ? H3? H1?

H3 as per the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ance-cost.html

Hi all,

I am using a HID kit for the headlights of my Swift which are of a brand called P4. However I was wondering, can we replace only the bulbs without changing the entire kit as I am planning to change the bulbs to Philips as I find the colour to be better than that of the P4 bulbs.

Also, the P4 kit is not 35W but 50W. Can I still use the Philips bulbs as I believe their kits are 35W?

Can someone help me in a DIY installation of LEP strip along the headlight that comes on with the parking light (a la Audi). I've placed an order on Ebay for getting this and should be coming in a few days. I have some ideas on how to mount it, but need help on the wiring part. Do I wire the leads on the base of the parking bulb holder at the rear of the headlight assembly? Is this fine or do I need to take care of something else? Will there be any overload or something like that?

@dinu there is another thread on led lighting In cars. I am sure you will find the answer there

Quote:

Originally Posted by praful (Post 1773094)
Thanks for your inputs! :)

WoW thanks a lot for using the search feature for me sir! :)

I've picked up H1 100W Yellow light bulbs for my Hi Beam and a H7 85W for my Lo Beam. Lets see how things look, will post before and pics of the install.

Costed me 650 for the Lo beam pair and 300 for the Hi beam pair, from JC Road, Bangalore!

Praful - Did you get a Relay kit for your car? if so which brand? I was not able to source a relay for the twin head light model. I have a elantra with H1 and H7 for Hi and low beam respectively. Currently i have upgraded to 100 W on h1 and H7 without any relays. but I would like to get this done soon.