Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-238.html)

Hi,

I suggest leave your lights the way they are , you can change the bulb to philips extreme power 80%+.

You cal install comet 200 from hella thay should cost you around 7500. I did the same with my safari. it would change the way you drive in night.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SamtheLeo (Post 1649632)
Dear Fellow BHPians,

I am a novice Auto Lighting & could not find a better forum to ask few querries about my scorpio. To start with the basic information, I have a Stock Scorpio SLX which travel a lot to different terrains (including hilly & foggy). Most of the travelling is in the night & i drive it myself. To improve its lighting need suggestions on

1. Should I opt for Fog Lamps or Hella's . If Fog Lamps which colour & if Hella what specification
2. Should I go for HID (Phillips). What would be the prices. I got a quote for Rs.4500/-
3. Is it ok to get installation done out side the A.S.S.
4 What should be my budget to get a decent (50%) increase (using either FOG lamps / Hella)

Hey guys,
I replaced the headlamps of my Swift with a pair of Philips x-tremePowers last week from the newly opened Reliance Auto Zone at HSR layout. I had Nightbreakers installed earlier where the low-beams had conked off while we were driving back from Kannur this September.

Now the x-tremePower pack promises a 25m longer beam - however, I strongly suspect that it achieves this by aiming the beam higher, and not by controlling the dispersion. So much so, I have been driving around these days with the headlamp levelling set to 4 (the lowest possible position) and still invoke occasional dipping from oncoming traffic. The high beam at its highest setting seems to aim directly for the eyes of truck drivers (for which I am not complaining!) :D

Has anyone faced such an issue with x-tremePowers earlier? I feel the earlier Nightbreakers were better in terms of brightness and focus, though they lasted me only for a year.

Cheers!
Soumy.

PS: Though being a member for almost a year this is my first post in the forum :) Hope to be more frequent in the coming days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 1649654)
guys im planning on getting osram night breakers on my innova.
i was wondering if there is any need for cut-outs? or the existing system is good enough?

I personally thought the stock headlamps on the Innova were bright enough - they always manage to blind me on the roads, especially the call center Innovas which almost always drive in high-beam :Frustrati

Anyways, I have used the nightbreakers for my Swift and the lamps are good enough though they tend to dim a bit with age. Being 60/55, you won't need a relay. And always carry your stock headlamps during those highway runs as I have heard of nightbreakers blowing out within 4-12 months of use (mine lasted for exactly a year before the low beams gave way during one of our return trips from Kerala)

Hi all,

I have installed a P4 HID kit in the headlight in my Swift and have the 2 following issues :

1. Whenever I switch on the the headlights, I get a 'thup' sound through my speakers whenever the system is on. This only happens when I switch them on & not when I flash the headlights. I also get a very feeble 'tick' sound from the speakers whenever I press the brakes. I used to never get these sounds with my stock headlights.

2. Whenever I switch on the headlights, the left HID seems to light up faster than the right one. This is particularly noticable when the HIDs are switched on for the first time i.e. when they are cold and gradually heat up to full potential. Also sometimes, the right bulb doesnt come on at all & I require to shut off the headlight & switch it on again. This happens very rarely though.

What could be the reason for both these issues?

Quote:

Originally Posted by soumyadeep (Post 1652410)
Hey guys,
I replaced the headlamps of my Swift with a pair of Philips x-tremePowers last week from the newly opened Reliance Auto Zone at HSR layout.

@soumyadeep

Good news to hear Reliance Auto Zone is here in Bangalore, Could you give details where exactly Reliance Auto Zone comes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamanth (Post 1653317)
@soumyadeep

Good news to hear Reliance Auto Zone is here in Bangalore, Could you give details where exactly Reliance Auto Zone comes?

The one that I went to was at HSR Layout... could not make out the exact location in the night as I am not very familiar with the area. My bill has a vestigial address which says "Municipal No.144, Sector-5, Agar (sic) Lake, HSR Layout, BLR-34". You can call them on 65463205 for directions, though it's hard to miss as it's bang on ORR and comes on your right as you are driving towards Silk Board junction. From what I hear, there's one at Basvangudi as well, though I am not sure of its location.

I was there within the first few days of its launch, and they were giving pretty good discounts (25%) on the lesser brands. Apart from the xTreme-powers I also picked up a set of beige floor mats for as low as 448 bucks, and they were pretty much the same quality as the originals (which come in a depressing grey, of course). I also noticed that nick-nacks such as wheel covers (replicas of the original) were pretty cheap - as less as 650 for a set of 4 (I believe Maruti charges 2K for a set of 4 for the Swift). I was also window-shopping for a K&N filter (stock replacement) and the quoted price was marginally less than that at your friendly neighbourhood store. The store manager was pretty young and friendly and was happy to arrange for a demo of a car vacuum and also have my headlamps replaced at 9:45 in the night, well beyond his closing time. Overall, a decent experience.

Cheers!
Soumy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soumyadeep (Post 1653475)
The one that I went to was at HSR Layout... could not make out the exact location in the night as I am not very familiar with the area. My bill has a vestigial address which says "Municipal No.144, Sector-5, Agar (sic) Lake, HSR Layout, BLR-34". You can call them on 65463205 for directions, though it's hard to miss as it's bang on ORR and comes on your right as you are driving towards Silk Board junction. From what I hear, there's one at Basvangudi as well, though I am not sure of its location.

Cheers!
Soumy.

Yes has started one more in basvangudi on southend road with 3,100 sq ft facility, will check it out.

@ Hands on : Thanks dear , let me check in the market & get back if any issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soumyadeep (Post 1653475)
I was there within the first few days of its launch, and they were giving pretty good discounts (25%) on the lesser brands. Apart from the xTreme-powers I also picked up a set of beige floor mats for as low as 448 bucks, and they were pretty much the same quality as the originals (which come in a depressing grey, of course).
Soumy.

I believe that u have fitted a Xtream Power. Can you tell me the cost of it ? And does this require any cuts/add to the OEM Wire?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 1653078)
Hi all,

I have installed a P4 HID kit in the headlight in my Swift and have the 2 following issues :

1. Whenever I switch on the the headlights, I get a 'thup' sound through my speakers whenever the system is on. This only happens when I switch them on & not when I flash the headlights. I also get a very feeble 'tick' sound from the speakers whenever I press the brakes. I used to never get these sounds with my stock headlights.

2. Whenever I switch on the headlights, the left HID seems to light up faster than the right one. This is particularly noticable when the HIDs are switched on for the first time i.e. when they are cold and gradually heat up to full potential. Also sometimes, the right bulb doesnt come on at all & I require to shut off the headlight & switch it on again. This happens very rarely though.

What could be the reason for both these issues?

It sounds like the wiring has not been done properly. Earthing should be proper to avoid the tick sounds and get all fuses checked/tightened.

If the ballast fails to fire up the right HID after all is checked, you should get it replaced to see if it rectifies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arin_12 (Post 1653982)
I believe that u have fitted a Xtream Power. Can you tell me the cost of it ? And does this require any cuts/add to the OEM Wire?

I paid 1176 bucks for a pair at Reliance Auto Zone. You might get them for less at JC Road, but the genuinity factor is always there (unless you are sure of the shop). No, you won't require any cut-outs / additional fitments as they are 60/55, which also mean that they are street legal, very much like the Osram NightBreakers.

If you ask me, I would prefer the whiter light of NightBreaker over the longish beam of xTremePower, the only flip side being the supposedly shorter life (my NightBreakers had lasted me for exactly a year). The cost would roughly be the same - had paid 1200 bucks for a pair last year.

Cheers!
Soumy.

hey friends, need some help. I am planning to install HID in my car. I want to know, if I opt for a Bi-Xenon HID bulb plus a projector, would I be able to use High and Low Beams because of Cut-ff? Or I need a Bi-Xenon Projector instead of Bi-xenon Bulb?

Guys anyone know where I can get Philips Xtreme Power bulbs in Delhi? Thought I'd find them in Lajpat Nagar, but no luck.

Hi guys

I have a Facelift Laura Elegance (all lamps are halogens/yellow). The L&K variant of the FL Laura has Xenons (white lamps) for low beam (projectors). I wish to get similar white lamps setup for my car's low beams too. Is it just a bulb replacement (the L&K low beam bulbs on my Elegance) or is there more to it?
TIA!

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arin_12 (Post 1653982)

I purchased Phillips extream power for 1000 Rs at Sachin's Auto Shop in Koramangala , This is next to Bosch that is in a lane opposite to star Bazar.