Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 12:11   #3451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I got the Hella Rallye 700 FFs fitted a month & a half ago on my Safari. Mounted directly on the bumper on the extremities of the grill, close to the Head lamp units.
Check out my ownership thread shortly for pics.
I have just moved to 90/100 on the Safari. A complete DIY, with no cutting of OEM wires or the covers. Had enough of driving with 55/60 and the rest of the world blinding me during night drives!!!

Had planned to fix one of these lamps on the bumper (as you have done now and JSL had adviced earlier) but having a road-side parking is making me think twice.
Old 10th November 2009, 16:59   #3452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbanerjee View Post
Recently faced a problem after installing 100/90 with relay from a MASS. There were some god knows something issue, and the lights got on even if the stalk was off. It remained on through out the night without my knowledge, and the following morning, obviously the battery drained out. But before that, any idea what could have gone wrong? The road side guy was not able to put any specific input what could have gone wrong.
HAd a similar problem on my long trip to bangy. drove fro 2 hrs or so with lights on and when I stopped and switched off the car I found the headlights on and no response to the stalk commands. It was 8 30 at night and i was at haveri. no reliable mech open at this time and i had to drive next day. however after starting the car and driving a little the problem resolved. Havnt driven after that at night so will wait to see if it recurrs. problem is probabaly with the cut out (hella). in an emergency I would remove the earthing wire and move with the fog lights in city only.
Old 11th November 2009, 20:13   #3453

Any advise to my queries!

All your inputs and suggestions are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Zealot View Post
Hi T-BHPians,

I have been following the site for over a year and it was very useful making few of my decisions. This is my first post in the forum.

I went through most part of this thread and gather that for bright illumination Philip Rally 100/90W is the ideal one fitted with Relay and for white light Philips Essential Vision 100/90W is good.

Now I just have the below queries:

a) My personal preference is to have bright illumination (intensity+coverage).My usage is 50:50 city/highway). But I have a slight inclination towards the white lights.Whether in rains the 100/90 whites also will dissipate much leading to poor illumination.

b) I had Roots relay/wiring harness fitted. But I am not sure about the Bakelite holders. Please advise how to check whether they are fitted in my car.

c) How to check for original Philips bulbs (any tips and tricks)

d) Shops in Chennai which has reputation of selling original Philips bulbs.

Appreciate all your help.
Old 11th November 2009, 23:09   #3454
BHPian

Thanks Suman,

You inspired me. I have finally got Hella comet 200FF installed , my reson thay are real small form factor and fit in the bumper in a way that they dont protude. I was iniatially worried but tonight i tested them and i really dont have words to explain the output. I got such an amazing output with a normal hella bulb that has overshadowed my out put from philips extreme power in main lights on high beam. I am surely gonna upgrade them to a better h3 bulb and was thinking of either phillips extreme white or osram nightbreaker. any suggestions.

Quote:
I got the Hella Rallye 700 FFs fitted a month & a half ago on my Safari. Mounted directly on the bumper on the extremities of the grill, close to the Head lamp units. No bull guard on mine. In fact, mounting directly on the bumper allows you to spread them out - on a bull guard, the lights end up being too close to each other. As a result, you don't get adequate spread.

Old 12th November 2009, 10:30   #3455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hands-on View Post
You inspired me. I have finally got Hella comet 200FF installed , my reson thay are real small form factor and fit in the bumper in a way that they dont protude. I was iniatially worried but tonight i tested them and i really dont have words to explain the output. I got such an amazing output with a normal hella bulb that has overshadowed my out put from philips extreme power in main lights on high beam. I am surely gonna upgrade them to a better h3 bulb and was thinking of either phillips extreme white or osram nightbreaker. any suggestions.
Congrats! If you're happy with the stock output, why change? If you still want to, maybe Nightbreaker is what you should go with (since you already have the Xtreme-power on your main beam)?
Old 12th November 2009, 13:00   #3456
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,

Could you kindly post details of costs and labour and also pictures? I really want to fit Hellas but am struggling with size and form factor. I have an Aveo and would ideally want them to fit in the OEM slots. That rules out the Rallye series totally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hands-on View Post
Thanks Suman,

Old 12th November 2009, 13:53   #3457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi,

Could you kindly post details of costs and labour and also pictures? I really want to fit Hellas but am struggling with size and form factor. I have an Aveo and would ideally want them to fit in the OEM slots. That rules out the Rallye series totally!
Cost was 4,950 (no separate charge for fitting), comes with relay, illuminated switch, mounting brackets with screws etc, plug & play wiring harness, the works!

You can check out my LTOR thread for the pictures. Yes, fiting them on a sedan would be an issue, they would stick out quite a bit.
Old 12th November 2009, 17:03   #3458
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, Suman. Have already commented on the great looks of your Safari! I want to fit them into the OEM slots in the front bumper for safety as BLR has extremely high curbs. I don't want to fit them 'rally-style' as it attracts too much attention from the city cops.

The Micro FF series looks better as does the Comet 450. As you mentioned, teh Rallye is out due to size issues. Overall, I think the FF series are much better in terms of spread and depth!
Old 14th November 2009, 09:50   #3459
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I'm thniking to change head lamps for my PalioD. I have not experienced any serious issues so far (4 years) on this stock lamps; I dont do much night drives but like to start early morning (4ish) and end up stretching my end of day drive by 2-3 hours in dark whenever on long trips. Sometimes, I have experienced that this HLs are not so strong, not so long throw on low beam (thats what I drive with except a few rare sitaution where I had to drive with high beam).

I'm looking for very good / longer low beam throw (this helps and gives confidence when I'm beyond certain speed) and blinding high beam (this will be used only for truckers who blinds out during night hours) - Since this is PalioD, I will have to go for 4 lamps, I would like to avoid changing/adding any relay crkt if possible.
Could you guys please suggest me the best choice?
I did search thru this thread, very few Palio exxperiences mentioned here - most of them were talking about philips long time back - I want to know options made available recently if others can suggest!
Thanks.
Old 15th November 2009, 15:34   #3460
BHPian

d) Sagam/Sairam sells genuine stuff; they are on GP road.

Shakti Electricals are the best electricians in chennai; they have a small shop next to Raj Park hotel on ttk road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Zealot View Post
Hi T-BHPians,

I have been following the site for over a year and it was very useful making few of my decisions. This is my first post in the forum.

I went through most part of this thread and gather that for bright illumination Philip Rally 100/90W is the ideal one fitted with Relay and for white light Philips Essential Vision 100/90W is good.

Now I just have the below queries:

a) My personal preference is to have bright illumination (intensity+coverage).My usage is 50:50 city/highway). But I have a slight inclination towards the white lights.Whether in rains the 100/90 whites also will dissipate much leading to poor illumination.

b) I had Roots relay/wiring harness fitted. But I am not sure about the Bakelite holders. Please advise how to check whether they are fitted in my car.

c) How to check for original Philips bulbs (any tips and tricks)

d) Shops in Chennai which has reputation of selling original Philips bulbs.

Appreciate all your help.
Old 15th November 2009, 20:42   #3461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got the Hella Rallye 700 FFs fitted a month & a half ago on my Safari. Mounted directly on the bumper on the extremities of the grill, close to the Head lamp units. No bull guard on mine. In fact, mounting directly on the bumper allows you to spread them out - on a bull guard, the lights end up being too close to each other. As a result, you don't get adequate spread.

Suman

What about the support underneath the bumpers. or they are plainly mounted on it. In mycase, as per installer, the support bracket is required as over time they will shake to glory and bumper might crack.

Edit: Got my hella's. Check them @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1584043

Please shed somelight

Thanks
Rahul

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 15th November 2009 at 20:58.
Old 16th November 2009, 01:09   #3462

Thanks Jose.

I will check out the shops you have mentioned.

Any contact numbers/person in Shakti Electricals.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
d) Sagam/Sairam sells genuine stuff; they are on GP road.

Shakti Electricals are the best electricians in chennai; they have a small shop next to Raj Park hotel on ttk road.
Old 16th November 2009, 11:22   #3463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Hi,

I'm thniking to change head lamps for my PalioD. I have not experienced any serious issues so far (4 years) on this stock lamps; I dont do much night drives but like to start early morning (4ish) and end up stretching my end of day drive by 2-3 hours in dark whenever on long trips. Sometimes, I have experienced that this HLs are not so strong, not so long throw on low beam (thats what I drive with except a few rare sitaution where I had to drive with high beam).

I'm looking for very good / longer low beam throw (this helps and gives confidence when I'm beyond certain speed) and blinding high beam (this will be used only for truckers who blinds out during night hours) - Since this is PalioD, I will have to go for 4 lamps, I would like to avoid changing/adding any relay crkt if possible.
Could you guys please suggest me the best choice?
I did search thru this thread, very few Palio exxperiences mentioned here - most of them were talking about philips long time back - I want to know options made available recently if others can suggest!
Thanks.
Any inputs on this one yet!!
Old 16th November 2009, 21:00   #3464
BHPian

Yes you are right , bumper over a period of time would not be able to take heavy lights either it would crack or the drilled hole would get bigger. Thats the reason i have opted for Hella comet 200FF as they are real light weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Suman

What about the support underneath the bumpers. or they are plainly mounted on it. In mycase, as per installer, the support bracket is required as over time they will shake to glory and bumper might crack.

Edit: Got my hella's. Check them @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1584043

Please shed somelight

Thanks
Rahul
Old 16th November 2009, 21:02   #3465
BHPian

Well i had a Palio & i would suggest that rather than changing the lamp change the bulb. Philips xtreme power 80%+ would be a very good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Any inputs on this one yet!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks