Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-230.html)

@sj_koova: upgrade the head light bulbs to 90/100 with full wiring kit and relay, this comes as a bolt on unit so you neednt worry about the warranty. Then adjust the fog lamps for a better throw, modern european spec lamps have this built in and its mandatory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 1554995)
@sj_koova: upgrade the head light bulbs to 90/100 with full wiring kit and relay, this comes as a bolt on unit so you neednt worry about the warranty. Then adjust the fog lamps for a better throw, modern european spec lamps have this built in and its mandatory.

Thanks Jaggu. Do you have any clue how much would a decent pair of fog lamps cost?

If you want after market fog lamps (thats what you referred), decent ones should cost you around 1500-2000. Personally i really dont prefer this set up, since one needs to make clamps, figure out a mounting point etc. On the other hand trying to fit one in stock location is even more tedious with new fiber bumpers.

For 90/100 upgrade around 700-800 for relay/wiring kit plus the bulb cost.

Has anyone heard of NUMAK HID Halogen Bulb(operating out of Kochi, Kerala), it's suposed to be a German Technology product newly launched in India.
There is an Ad in Autocar & Overdrive this November issue.
Right now as an inagural offer they are giving this bulb for just Rs.299 as against there original price of Rs.599.
Is it worth it ?
I drive a Maruti Swift VDI & have upgraded to Philips 100/90 watts bulb along with a Roots wiring kit with Relay & ceramic holders.
Numak guys claim that the same relay & wiring is enough & I can just change to ther Halogen bulb.
Is it true, pls clarify, I dont want to blow up my wiring kit or Headlight unit for an unknown product,
it's just that the offer is attractive- upgarde to HID Halogen white bulb for just Rs.598(299 X 2 bulbs). :)
Auto lighting Gurus Pls throw some light on this topic

Any ideas about h3 bulbs for the fog lamps...looking for 55w philips. Or any ideas about these HIDs for fog lamps? any ideas about the cost. the last time i bought an HID it was chinese 6K rated for 5k bucks single piece.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 1562267)
Any ideas about h3 bulbs for the fog lamps...looking for 55w philips. Or any ideas about these HIDs for fog lamps? any ideas about the cost. the last time i bought an HID it was chinese 6K rated for 5k bucks single piece.

You can think something like this - Team-BHP Classifieds - H3 HID Bulb (3000k) Golden Yellow - High performance for Fog Lamps - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
You need ballast also as that ad is only for HID bulbs.
I had seen H3 HIDs personally at Evo/Satya some times back and they look really nice. Yellow light should make it usable too.

Hi,

I'm looking to convert my stock head lights to after marker projector types. I was told by one of the autostores guys that, these projector head lights offer more illumination, look good (read fancy) but on highway rides, one will not be satisfied - as they do not provide much depth (guess he means illumnating longer distances). He also mentioned that, those who went for projectors switched back after a while. Is this true?

So, if any of you have installed projector head lamps, how is/was your experience with them? Please do share.

Thanks,
KK

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishoryk (Post 1564251)
Hi,

I'm looking to convert my stock head lights to after marker projector types. I was told by one of the autostores guys that, these projector head lights offer more illumination, look good (read fancy) but on highway rides, one will not be satisfied - as they do not provide much depth (guess he means illumnating longer distances). He also mentioned that, those who went for projectors switched back after a while. Is this true?

So, if any of you have installed projector head lamps, how is/was your experience with them? Please do share.

Thanks,
KK

Switch to HID (Xenon) only if you get them in the colour range below 4300 K, i.e. the K number should be less than 4300. The mistake people did was to put in higher K level bulbs i.e. 6000K, 8000K even 12000K. At those colour temperatures the light is not very effective.

One often reads that yellow light is better for seeing while blue light seems more pleasing to the eye as it is the colour of daylight. Please note that reference to 'colour of daylight' in these sources means daylight in Europe or North America where the light is bluer. In India, we are used to yellower daylight so such references to people being used to blue light do not apply to us in the tropics.

Cheers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravveendrra (Post 1564353)
Switch to HID (Xenon) only if you get them in the colour range below 4300 K, i.e. the K number should be less than 4300.

Thanks Ravveendrra! I'll keep this in mind.

Cheers,
KK

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSMINC (Post 1559110)
Has anyone heard of NUMAK HID Halogen Bulb(operating out of Kochi, Kerala), it's suposed to be a German Technology product newly launched in India.

That is not a HID, its a painted halogen bulb totally useless in case you want to see the road.

HI,

Can anybody advise me what fog lights should i put on my safari. As of now i had put OEM fog lights in the sockets available in the front bumper but they are use less.

I have not put on any bullguard as i dont see a value in it except to showoff, but this is where i need help. Whomever i have spoken to they have said that they can mount these (Rallye 1000 series halogen fog lamps --- I like them) only on a bull guard.

Please advise on this. If any of you also have some pics it would be icing on the cake.

Thanksing you all in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hands-on (Post 1570534)
HI,

Can anybody advise me what fog lights should i put on my safari. As of now i had put OEM fog lights in the sockets available in the front bumper but they are use less.

I have not put on any bullguard as i dont see a value in it except to showoff, but this is where i need help. Whomever i have spoken to they have said that they can mount these (Rallye 1000 series halogen fog lamps --- I like them) only on a bull guard.

Please advise on this. If any of you also have some pics it would be icing on the cake.

Thanksing you all in advance.

NCR Tbhp member suman can help you with this. He has Hella fogs on his Safari and is currently brainstorming lighting solutions! :D

Hi T-BHPians,

I have been following the site for over a year and it was very useful making few of my decisions. This is my first post in the forum.

I went through most part of this thread and gather that for bright illumination Philip Rally 100/90W is the ideal one fitted with Relay and for white light Philips Essential Vision 100/90W is good.

Now I just have the below queries:

a) My personal preference is to have bright illumination (intensity+coverage).My usage is 50:50 city/highway). But I have a slight inclination towards the white lights.Whether in rains the 100/90 whites also will dissipate much leading to poor illumination.

b) I had Roots relay/wiring harness fitted. But I am not sure about the Bakelite holders. Please advise how to check whether they are fitted in my car.

c) How to check for original Philips bulbs (any tips and tricks)

d) Shops in Chennai which has reputation of selling original Philips bulbs.

Appreciate all your help.

I'm currently using osram nightbreakers on my projector setup but am quite unhappy, Any other bulbs with the same wattage but better performance?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hands-on (Post 1570534)

I got the Hella Rallye 700 FFs fitted a month & a half ago on my Safari. Mounted directly on the bumper on the extremities of the grill, close to the Head lamp units. No bull guard on mine. In fact, mounting directly on the bumper allows you to spread them out - on a bull guard, the lights end up being too close to each other. As a result, you don't get adequate spread.

Check out my ownership thread shortly for pics.