Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-228.html)

I have lightforce installed on my Endy. I totally agree with Khan bhai on the rabbit story, and also if the lightforce are in action the vehicle in front of you can't stand them and they will try to get rid of you, either by giving way or making there vehicle fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by black12rr (Post 1533945)
Thanks itwasntme , you know any Hella dealer who sells these (Premium Light Micro DE Set ) at good prices ?

Hi,

Best to take a look at the Hella India site itself and call up a dealer there to check.

Issue is that these are imports and thus staggeringly expensive with bill and warranty. As far as I am aware, Hella India makes only the basic sets (FF/Rallye/Comet) ranges and thus they are relatively affordable.

Call up a dealer and post his response! I am also interested but have been put off by the prices.

got these phillips, made in germany, bulbs fitted in my Dzire alongwith hella relay, harness, holders etc. total cost about 1200/-. I have shot (exposure time and apurture constant) pictures of before and after the upgrade http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1535032
Now one can easily see the difference. :)
BTW any one heard of these bulbs "essential power"?

Hi where did you pick the bulbs from?

Quote:

Originally Posted by goandude (Post 1535440)
got these phillips, made in germany, bulbs fitted in my Dzire alongwith hella relay, harness, holders etc. total cost about 1200/-. I have shot (exposure time and apurture constant) pictures of before and after the upgrade http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1535032
Now one can easily see the difference. :)
BTW any one heard of these bulbs "essential power"?

Hi guys , Please suggest an upgrade for my 2004 corolla - all 4 Lamps - below 4k (NOT HID of-course) , frankly , I am confused by the wealth of knowledge available in this thread , so need a quick suggestion .

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 1535696)
Hi where did you pick the bulbs from?

The local garage stocked it. Has anyone else heard of / used these ?

Hi guys , Please suggest an upgrade for my 2004 corolla - all 4 Lamps - below 4k (NOT HID of-course) , frankly , I am confused by the wealth of knowledge available in this thread , so need a quick suggestion .

(repeat post)

Quote:

Originally Posted by singh.amrit (Post 1537600)

(repeat post)

Hi Amrit, The cheapest alternative is to go for Philips Rally 100/90W bulbs. You will need to install relay and extra wiring for the relay. Go for Roots relay and Finolex wires.

You can also install Hella clear lamps, if necessary.

I have installed Philips 130/100W Rally halogens. Some Bhpians had problems of reflectors darkening when they used this bulb. So it is your choice. I have been using these bulbs for the past one and a half years now. I just returned after a 4000 km trip. I did a lot of night driving. No problems what so ever.

Recently faced a problem after installing 100/90 with relay from a MASS. There were some god knows something issue, and the lights got on even if the stalk was off. It remained on through out the night without my knowledge, and the following morning, obviously the battery drained out. Today after I got the battery fixed, again it automatically lightened up. So while driving down found a road side mechanic and he did some tampering and it is apparently OK now. Today most of the MASS in the area are closed and will take there tomorrow. But before that, any idea what could have gone wrong? The road side guy was not able to put any specific input what could have gone wrong.

What kind of total expense am I looking at ?

is there wattage associated with Xenons too ?

Update - For my case the relay is the culprit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbanerjee (Post 1539700)
Update - For my case the relay is the culprit.

what was the make? and what did you replace it with?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy_u (Post 1518081)
Hi Team,

Any one has any suggestions on Flosser 100/90 W H4 Blubs.

I am thinking of upgrading to them for my Esteem and want to check if someone has been using those on this forum.

Awaiting Suggestions from the Masters !

Sorry no suggestions on Flosser but I recently did an upgrade for my Esteem with Roots relay and Philips Rally 90/100. I travel about 80 kms every day on the highway and was pretty pleased with the results.

Quote:

Originally Posted by janitha (Post 1513558)
Higher wattage necessitate higher current (in amperes) which can ruin the switch. With a relay, the switch passes only a fraction of the current for actuating the relay which conducts the actual current to the load.

I recently got a Roots relay with 90/10 Philips fitted for my Esteem. The garage guys have left the relay box unfixed - as of now it is lying under the coolant reservoir. I did ask them if this would be a problem if water/ coolant overflows and reaches the relay box - but they said that its not possible. Is there a way to fix the relay box in some safe are in the Esteem's bonnet?

I bought a pair of Osram NightBreaker H3 / 55W /12V for my CEDIA fog lamp. I bought it from ebay UK.
The pack says it is TYPE 4G. Can anyone clarify what it means.
CEDIA's stock is H3 / 55W /12V. Nothing mentioned about TYPE in the owner's manual.
I am yet to take the car to service center to get this changed. Wanted to make sure it is suitable before I go all the way.