Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-224.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by knp (Post 1503079)
u can go for philips extreme power, as I had gone for the same and they are lot better than the stock ones.

Whats the cost and where from you bought it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZENnist (Post 1500526)
Guys, i need some help in getting the beam adjusted for my zen vxi. i recently upgraded to Philips Rally 110/100 but i am not able to get the benefit out of this, as even the high beam falls to the road in about....say two car lengths distance ahead of me. this is when the leveler is set to 0. dont ask about low beam.

my requirement is that at level 0, low beam should fall 2-3 car lengths and high beam should go parallel to the road so that highway night driving is safer. in city i can set the level to anything below 0 so that oncoming vehicles are not affected.

Hey ZENnist,

Did you have this problem with ur stock bulbs too ? You should be checking with maruti guys whether the adjustment is level is good and works similar to the other zens. you can check it by urself by visiting them during closing hours. And then i have not come across 100/110 bulbs from philips rally. unless, you brought extremepower or similar class bulbs. You might want to check on that too

Trying to decide between Osram Nightbreakers, Phillips Vision Plus and Phillips Extreme Power for my Swift Zxi. Also inclined towards Phillips Rally 100/90 as the total cost with the relay comes close to the above three 60/55 bulbs.

Wondering if breaking the legal limit of 60/55 justifies the increase in brightness the 100/90 would provide. Please advice.

Ashwin, 90/100 is better for sure, btw you know any dealer who supplies "Philips" i mean original? as there are too many dealers with fakes...

DO give me the details please. thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinurao (Post 1507635)
Trying to decide between Osram Nightbreakers, Phillips Vision Plus and Phillips Extreme Power for my Swift Zxi. Also inclined towards Phillips Rally 100/90 as the total cost with the relay comes close to the above three 60/55 bulbs.

Wondering if breaking the legal limit of 60/55 justifies the increase in brightness the 100/90 would provide. Please advice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 1507785)
Ashwin, 90/100 is for sure is better, btw you know any dealer who supplies "Philips" i mean original? as there are too many dealers with fakes...

DO give me the details please. thanks!

A reputed Phillips dealer. Have seen couple of reco here in team-bhp itself

AK TRADERS
PH: 4114-3199, 4114-3958
# 22/23, 1 FLOOR, SEETHALAKSHMI COMPLEX,
3'RD CROSS, JC ROAD, BLORE 02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwinurao (Post 1507635)

I would definitely suggest that you go for 90/100w with proper relay and wiring. They are much more effective and powerful than Osram Nightbreakers, Phillips Vision Plus and Phillips Extreme Power. And dont worry about the legality. I have been driving for over 2 months with 100/90w and the cops have never stopped me. In fact they might stop you if you are on bulbs that emit blue/white light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishantgandhi (Post 1508157)
And dont worry about the legality. I have been driving for over 2 months with 100/90w and the cops have never stopped me. In fact they might stop you if you are on bulbs that emit blue/white light.

More than the question of legality, most people worry about warranty issues at their respective service centers. I was advised constantly about maintaining a good relationship with the service adviser, and in spite of doing that I'm still having to shift to a new center for 3rd service.

Another issue is the question of dust and water getting into the assembly, because the dust caps will be removed. I have arranged to get duplicate ones, so that I can put holes in them and give it in for service. The originals, I will hang onto, just in case :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 1503082)
Whats the cost and where from you bought it?

Sorry @wildon for not replying. I had got for 800/- from Car Automobiles, J.C. Road. I had tried at A.K.Traders, J.C.Road and they are made in China. Finally, I got it from Car Automobiles, which is made in Germany, a genuine piece only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by knp (Post 1508492)
Sorry @wildon for not replying. I had got for 800/- from Car Automobiles, J.C. Road. I had tried at A.K.Traders, J.C.Road and they are made in China. Finally, I got it from Car Automobiles, which is made in Germany, a genuine piece only.

Thanks for the reply. I'm buying a pair this week to upgrade the headlight

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishantgandhi (Post 1508157)
I would definitely suggest that you go for 90/100w with proper relay and wiring. They are much more effective and powerful than Osram Nightbreakers, Phillips Vision Plus and Phillips Extreme Power. And dont worry about the legality. I have been driving for over 2 months with 100/90w and the cops have never stopped me. In fact they might stop you if you are on bulbs that emit blue/white light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 1507785)
Ashwin, 90/100 is better for sure

Thanks for your inputs. I just got the Philips rally 100/90 installed with Hella relay and wiring. Total damages - 1000 bucks. Very happy with the brightness.

I read at many places in this and other threads about ceramic holders. What is this? Does it come as part of the relay kit or do we need to buy it separately? Can someone please shed some light on this :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pras.oct25 (Post 1508340)
Another issue is the question of dust and water getting into the assembly, because the dust caps will be removed. I have arranged to get duplicate ones, so that I can put holes in them and give it in for service. The originals, I will hang onto, just in case :D

curious to know how you managed to get your hands on those , as they are rarely available through straight means !stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pras.oct25 (Post 1508340)

Why is the dust cap removed? If you are using ceramic holders properly mated to the lamp there is no issue with dust cap melting.
If you use the stock plastic holder with 90/100w lamp it fuses with the dust cap after melting off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigy (Post 1508974)
Why is the dust cap removed? If you are using ceramic holders properly mated to the lamp there is no issue with dust cap melting.
If you use the stock plastic holder with 90/100w lamp it fuses with the dust cap after melting off.

Issue is not dust cap melting. Issue is that because of the new set of wiring that is provided, you cannot fit the dust caps back on. They require a hole in them to pass the wire through, then it can be sealed with some form of adhesive. Just in case I'm in a warranty claiming scenario, and I want to remove the headlight assembly and put it back to the old setup, I will have the originals in hand so that the service center chaps cant create any issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellstar (Post 1508907)
curious to know how you managed to get your hands on those , as they are rarely available through straight means !stupid:

I knew you would show up on this thread Anoop. he he he.. :uncontrol
It is available in pudupet actually. I forgot to tell you today when I called. That guy wanted 300 bucks for a pair :eek: I didnt buy them, cause hotrod told me they are available at DSC hyundai for 200 bucks. So will see which one I can lay my hands on.

Guys,

Iam using Phillips essential vision 90/100 with roots relay on my swift .

The problem is the low beam has stopped working, Both of them ! But the high beam and parking lights are working well .

What might be the problem ??

check the low beam relay or its connection and wiring. swap the relays and see if it works other way