Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 18:24   #3331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys

For those looking for aftermarket driving/fog lights, here is a very very useful PDF file of Hella India's official catalogue (with MRPs).

Hope it helps as the market is flooded with various fake Hellas being sold at wildly varying prices.
Hey dude,
Thanks a lot for sharing this pdf. I found this at the right time I am planning to put one of this very shortly for my swift.
Old 19th September 2009, 18:04   #3332
Senior - BHPian

Thinking of converting my cars Hl to HIDs...guess projector lamps are not available for the Palio?

Any idea on how much HID kit costs? is it good without the projectors?

Or is there any bulbs which makes the lighting better? Osram /Philips?

And lastly which outlet is good to buy any of these??

Thanks
Old 21st September 2009, 15:53   #3333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys

For those looking for aftermarket driving/fog lights, here is a very very useful PDF file of Hella India's official catalogue (with MRPs).

Hope it helps as the market is flooded with various fake Hellas being sold at wildly varying prices.
Guys,
For more on hella products, you can also checkout this website ..:: Shop4hella.com
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:12   #3334
Senior - BHPian

Installed osram nightbreakers H4 50/60w for 1350 today.

Last edited by gigy : 22nd September 2009 at 20:22.
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:13   #3335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Installed osram nightbreakers 50/60w for 1350 today.

Does OSRAM has 90/100? how much would that cost?
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:33   #3336
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone give me "OSRAM & Philips " dealer numbers please?? thanks
Old 23rd September 2009, 20:38   #3337
Senior - BHPian

Drove around with osram nightbreakers for two days. honestly i could not make out any difference or improvement in light throw or brightness in comparision to osram silverstars which were previously installed. except for the slight blue color.
i do miss the philips rally 90/100 but dont want to replace headlight assy again due to it.
i am ok with reselling it of for 1100 if anyone wants. and keep a pair of rally for long distance trips.
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:48   #3338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Drove around with osram nightbreakers for two days. honestly i could not make out any difference or improvement in light throw or brightness in comparision to osram silverstars which were previously installed. except for the slight blue color.
i do miss the philips rally 90/100 but dont want to replace headlight assy again due to it.
i am ok with reselling it of for 1100 if anyone wants. and keep a pair of rally for long distance trips.
Quite diff experience here. I replaced my OEM H4s(could not make out the brand, it had only a marking saying Made in Hungary) with OSRAM NB H4s. And the difference was quite noticeable. Atleast 20% increase in low beam and more in High beam.

BTW, how is OSRAM silverstars?
Old 23rd September 2009, 22:17   #3339
BHPian

Hey guys,
Can anyone guide me with the difference between halogen, HID's and H3/H4/H1 bulbs . I searched for these but couldn't find much. All the posts which I found were of people who already knew what they are and discussing on top of it.

Currently I have Philips rally 100/90 bulbs in my headlamp. I am planning to put Hella 700F auxiliary bulbs. I want to know what difference this makes and the difference between these 2 bulbs.

Last edited by _abhishek : 23rd September 2009 at 22:26.
Old 23rd September 2009, 22:56   #3340
Senior - BHPian

Both silverstar and night breakers are better than stock bulbs. may be its the bluer shade of night breakers which i don't like. silverstar is +60% and night breakers +90. if i can get to drive in fog, then can positively see which beam penetrates more.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:08   #3341
BHPian

Yes, my observation was based on the difference seen between, 3 year old stock Halogen and a brand new OSRAM NB. Unfortunately, here in Hyderabad I don't get a chance to drive in fog, what I get is dust clouds .
How much did the Osram SS cost you?
Do anybody have any info about the life of OSRAM NBs ?
Old 24th September 2009, 20:36   #3342
BHPian

Beam adjustment for Zen

Guys, i need some help in getting the beam adjusted for my zen vxi. i recently upgraded to Philips Rally 110/100 but i am not able to get the benefit out of this, as even the high beam falls to the road in about....say two car lengths distance ahead of me. this is when the leveler is set to 0. dont ask about low beam.

i had taken the car to UM cars in airport road and to Mandovi in wilson garden. both the places they adjusted the screw, but said it cannot be adjusted beyond a point else the levelling motor will be damaged.

my requirement is that at level 0, low beam should fall 2-3 car lengths and high beam should go parallel to the road so that highway night driving is safer. in city i can set the level to anything below 0 so that oncoming vehicles are not affected.

please let me know if this is possible or am i expecting too much. looking at the blinding lights of other vehicles i am a bit frustrated.

help me out guys...

Mods - i searched the forum for similar issues, but was not able to find a post or a link with a satisfactory solution. please move the post if this is already addressed.
Old 26th September 2009, 14:26   #3343
Senior - BHPian

I got chance to check the night breakers and silverstars back to back in dark. the throw of left beam is more in night breakers, wish the right also had improved similarly.(dividers are not visible when oncoming traffic is no full beam).

Brightness is little more in NB but Silverstar is two yeas old, had got it for around 16pounds.
So the improvement is not as expected . i hope this also stays long as silverstars.
Old 26th September 2009, 17:20   #3344
BANNED

Guru's,

I have an i20 1.2 which runs on stock head lamps. Spec is 60/55W. Can you tell me the best available alternative for this?.
Old 26th September 2009, 17:28   #3345
knp
BHPian

u can go for philips extreme power, as I had gone for the same and they are lot better than the stock ones.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks