Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-220.html)

Guys, I want to fit the Hella 450/550FF rectangular driving lights to my Aveo's bumper by using the foglight fitting areas on either side.

Can someone suggest a reputed installer in BLR to do this and what cost can I expect? Also, does Hella now come with B&W considering that they are officially in India now? Any pros and cons from anyone? I do not want to fit them on top of my bumper or adjoining the air intake/grill areas.

Any idea anyone how to replace the headlamp bulb in my Swift??

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 1471315)
I have been searching for Philips Xtreme Power or Osram NightBreaker to replace the bulbs in my car at Hyderabad but have been unable to find them below 1,200 for a set.

Seeking the help of other Team-Bhpians to a reasonably priced genuine shop.

I got Osram Night Breakers from "Sprocket" on Dharam Karam Rd. Ameerpet. No idea about Philips Xtreme Power, if you do get any info. please post here.

Shops you can try are Xenex (Madhapur - Opp. food world, Kavuri Hills), Car Jewel etc. on Minister Rd. Secunderabad.

Cheers

I have installed a relay wiring mated to 100/90 philips rally eye bulbs.

I have come up to a opinion that if you car sports glass reflectors, ugrade your wiring.
Install the 100/90 philips rally eye bulbs which cost abt 150 bucks a piece. evem if one filament failed just throw it off and buy anew one. the throw spread and power is brilliant for continours night driving on and off the higway.

Turns out to be a much more economical choice than buy expensive bulbs worth a lot more than 150 bucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi10 (Post 1471899)
Hi I am new to T-Bhp and a complete noob about Auto-Lighting. I have few queries.
My i10 Magna Stock headlamp light is pathetic. In areas without street light i find it very difficult to navigate in nights. Moreover, it doesnt have Fog lights which makes my night driving miserable. Currently my night drive (from office to Home ~ 8KM) is run on "Human GPS":D + Guesstimates + Luck.

Kindly Suggest me ways and means to improve its Lighting. Can i Install OEM Fog lamps? Would they serve the purpose ?.
In the event of upgraded Headlamps (read increased wattage), will it hamper my battey ? (I am running 2 Amps)

Kindly suggest the me few better alternatives at reasonable cost (ya, dont expect me to spend more than 15k on lighting)

[COLOR=black]P.S: Human GPS is a mechanism by which humans develop GPS capability through continuous usage of particular Roadway. However this may fail miserably during rains/floods/Government actions (PWD Dept):uncontrol[/COLOR]

Fog lamps wont help you in the night, The original ones will cost you 6k-7k, If you just want them to add beauty to your car, you can buy lumax fog lamps for 2k.

Upgrading the bulbs to 90/100W with wiring and relay will help you a lot and wont drain your battery fast unlike the 130W bulbs.

So, Lumax fog lamps 2k + 0.5k(original hyundai switch-optional)
90/100W with wiring, relay and holders will cost you less than 1k.

Hi,

I have installed 130/100 lighting with diff wiring n ceramic holders et all the works. It was working fine till one day one of the headlights was dimmer than the other. Got this checked and found that the ceramic holder was burnt so got it replaced. It was fine for sometime and again I got the same issue of one of the lights being dimmer than the other. This time I was told that there is some problem with the earthing and earthing was rechecked and redone with some additional earthing connects done. After some days the problem repeats and again the earthing was done and it was working fine. A few days back I started getting a wierd sound from the engine bay, got the car serviced and the service engineer told me that the headlight adjuster or whatever its called has a problem with the motor and the entire headlight unit has to be replaced and I lose warranty as I have used a high wattage bulb.

My Question is how the higher wattage bulb damage the headlight adjuster and is the service engineer right to deny me replacement of hte headlight unit? or is there a way I can get this corrected. Alternatively the service engineer suggested he can remove the connection to the adjuster and that would eliminate the sound coming.

Any suggestions guys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anarchist (Post 1473537)
Hi,

I have installed 130/100 lighting with diff wiring n ceramic holders et all the works. It was working fine till one day one of the headlights was dimmer than the other. Got this checked and found that the ceramic holder was burnt so got it replaced. It was fine for sometime and again I got the same issue of one of the lights being dimmer than the other. This time I was told that there is some problem with the earthing and earthing was rechecked and redone with some additional earthing connects done. After some days the problem repeats and again the earthing was done and it was working fine. A few days back I started getting a wierd sound from the engine bay, got the car serviced and the service engineer told me that the headlight adjuster or whatever its called has a problem with the motor and the entire headlight unit has to be replaced and I lose warranty as I have used a high wattage bulb.

My Question is how the higher wattage bulb damage the headlight adjuster and is the service engineer right to deny me replacement of hte headlight unit? or is there a way I can get this corrected. Alternatively the service engineer suggested he can remove the connection to the adjuster and that would eliminate the sound coming.

Any suggestions guys?

On this I would agree with the company. Higher wattage bulbs give out much more heat (hence the need for ceramic holders). This heat might have affected the adjuster's mechanism and parts. If you can have the headlights adjusted properly and disconnect the adjuster so they stay at that position it might give a workable solution till you replace them.

Please have all of the headlight wiring, relays etc. checked as your problem seems to be recurring too often.

Cheers,

I simply don't understand why people put high watt bulbs? Whats the use huh? Waste money on additional systems, then burn the current systems and then against waste money. Never ending cycle of wastage!

Quote:

Originally Posted by humm (Post 1474835)
I simply don't understand why people put high watt bulbs? Whats the use huh? Waste money on additional systems, then burn the current systems and then against waste money. Never ending cycle of wastage!

Hi Humm,

I was having the same impression in olden days because our cars were not that fast and rare long night travels. Now our machines speed on 80KMPH+ average once out of city and munch 100s of miles without any time bar in any weather.

My Palio headlamps were upgraded not to make others blind but to ensure me no blindness in my overnight trips to native. I rarely drive on high beams in my city drives. I have the same issue with Accent too, Alto's lighting is quite fine compared to Palio and Accent in my experience.

@ Ravveendrra: How much did you pay for the Osram Nightbreakers? How was the performance in driving thru the rains?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudipta (Post 1476342)
@ Ravveendrra: How much did you pay for the Osram Nightbreakers? How was the performance in driving thru the rains?

IIRC I paid about 3K for the set of 4 bulbs (2 H1s for low beam and 2 H7s for high beam). I have used them through the rains (or whatever passed for the rains this year) without any problem. The light is yellow and not blue so glare from rain drops fogs etc should not be an issue.

Cheers,

How much do those rectangular Hella fog lamps cost ?

Planning to fix them onto the bumper :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 1476696)
How much do those rectangular Hella fog lamps cost ?

Planning to fix them onto the bumper :)

Have got varying quotes (in BLR) for 2400 to 3000 for a pair of Hella 450s including fitting etc. However, these are probably the grey market ones and may even be superb fakes. Don't think Hella India has officially brought much stuff into the white market yet.

I have a civic 1.8vmt, the lights are pathetic even with the fog lamps on. Which bulbs do i need to upgrade to to get better lighting

I drive a Swift ZXI and i am disgusted with the stock lights, just cannot drive without the fog lamps and even that is not enough, Now my car is new and under warranty will adding a Philips 100/90 with Relay void the warranty in any way , Dose a relay kit need any cutting of wires etc that may be a cause of concern to the warranty ? Im planing to get new bulbs this weekend as it is raining heavily in NCR these days and driving with the stock setup is difficult specially on the highway. Also is there some good place in Gurgaon where i can get the Philips 100/90 or may be the Philips Xtreme in case the relay voids the warranty? Though I would prefer adding the 100/90.