Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-22.html)

I am planning to put philips vision plus on my adventure h7, it is rated 80w. Should i go for a new relay.

I am using Philips 100/90 on my Santro for more than 3 years. I never had any issues and quite happy with the light. I did change my Verna also recently with the same bulbs. Better dont try out other brands as they dont seem to last as long as Philips. I had tried with Osram but one of the bulb lasted only about 3 months. Same is the case with household CFL bulbs.

I have been using the same lamps in my lancer and would vouch for it.The beam through and spread are great.It cost me about 2300 for a pair.

I recently inquired at TATA dealership about fog lamps, he said with TATA original switch it will cost 6500, with local switch it will cost 2500.

There cannot be such a difference with switch only.

Is he talking about relay?.....the sales person was not clear about my question for relay thing.

I hope he must be talking about relay in order to avoid overloading the circuit, please shed some light!please:

All TATA's are prewired for Music System, Fog Lamps, Additional Horns etc. You Don't need to Ideally install any additional Relay unless you are going above the recommended OEM Range...So its more of a plug and play application.

The OEM foglamps are from Minda- and cost around 700 each at the showroom plus Tax.

Outside OEM Minda will cost you 400 each plus tax.

Rates can vary so, consider them as range index.

Switch can be sourced from TATA Dealer or Spare parts shops will cost at the most 300 or 400 for OEM and around 100-200 for Local make.

So it cannot be Priced this High as Quote.

I am planning to put philips vision plus on my adventure h7, it is rated 80w.

Should i go for a new relay.

Quote:

I recently inquired at TATA dealership about fog lamps, he said with TATA original switch it will cost 6500, with local switch it will cost 2500.
I think he misunderstood you, Even mercedes wont charge you 6500 for a Switch.

This niggles on my mind once every so often...

Where can I find large driving lights, for my Baleno VXi that fully occupy
the provided cavity in the bumper, like this...

Looking and looking and looking....

Any suggestions?

Ram

P.S. Dippy, did you get the Xeta fogs to fit your OHC?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post349305

Xeta fogs do not fit OHC. Iraghava was looking too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 427798)
Xeta fogs do not fit OHC. Iraghava was looking too.

Yup, as Tanveer said they did not fit. They were way too big for the slot.

one can change the bulb to Xenon (HID) to get better illumination on the road....the bulb color can be selected can be 4300k as it will near to yellow light and will be brighter than the normal halogen about 2 times....

Everybody has reacted with one-liners to my Postscript to Dippy Sadekar.
But does anybody have a suggestion as to how to achieve the result as below?

Ram

Ram, you could always add a pair of good Hella driving lights, however, you would need to cut the bumper to fit them in. If done correctly, they will look great.

If you want driving lights that fit in the OE fog light position, them I'm afraid they will only improve the looks of the car and not provide any real help while driving.

The only way to fit big huge fog lamps is to cut the bumper, install fiber(the kind used for car skirts) cut to size and have the fogs inside that.
In the stock location in the baleno bumber, you will have to go for small fog lamps, which as per my experience are not much better than the indicator lights.
You can also toy with the indica option, if they fit then good, otherwise you can try with innova, indigo(round lower fogs)... and so on till you find the right fit.

ram,

just check whether u can get fogs from those old siennas. i did not find correct pic but here is a bumper pic of sienna..

it seems with minimal alteration u can get what u looking for....