Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-215.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 1440279)
Epic,
I'd sincerely advise you to get rid of the HIDs and go for Philips 100/90 with Relay!

Do you mean to say that there is an issue with the HID kit? Have you or anyone else faced these issues before?

I recently got Philips "Extreme Power" 55/60W for our Alto, and am extremely satisfied with it :). Costed me Rs. 775/- for the pair.

Though it is not 80% brighter as claimed, the light is definitely brighter than the stock Halonix, and the beam throw seems to be slightly longer. And it is better in low beam than the high beam : what I mean is this...the low beam is , say, 40 % better than the Halonix, but the high beam seems only 20% better than the stock bulbs.

I had the opportunity to test it in rain and fog, and it was definitely much better than the stock bulbs :thumbs up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 1132169)
Hi guys,
Any idea about the availability of Philips X-Treme or Osram Nightbreaker 55w in Chennai ?

Philips Extreme Power is available in many shops in GP road. Sairam/Sangam etc all on the right side at the left curve of GP road. There is one big shop on the right side of GP road, just before the road turns left.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedOne (Post 410375)
...Finally located in Chennai:
A K International
No 114 G P Road
4th Floor

He has it in stock but didn't ask wattage, price etc.

If any Chennai t-bhpian can check and report, it would be appreciated.

Gears,
Red-One.

I know it is an old post, but will put up this info anyway...AK International is the wholesaler, and does not do any retail sale...they will only guide you to the retail stores on the ground floor.

Hi,

After the recurring issues with my P4 HID kit mentioned in my post dated 19th Aug, the dealer agreed to change the entire wiring of the kit (not ballasts) and also both the bulbs at no cost and also claimed that the wiring and bulbs are of the latest shipment received. However, I noticed that the colour emitted from the bulbs were a bit different from the original ones that I had and which were giving regular issues. Both kits, i.e the old one and the new one, are 6000K but the older bulbs were super white/blueish tinge, while the newer lot had a slight tinge of yellow in them. Can anyone let me know as to how is that eventhough both kits are 6000K the colour of light emitted are marginally different?

Now for the 'bling' factor, the older bulbs definitely took the cake, but I realised that 'visibility' wise the newer lot are way better! I am now contemplating on installing HIDs in my fogs too. Are they recommended?

Also, can bulbs of different colour temperatures, i.e. 3000K, 4300K, 6000K, etc be used with ballasts provided with a 6000K kit or does one need to change the ballasts based on the colour temperature of the bulbs?

Epic

Currently i have installed Bosch HID kit H4 8000k, of which one the low beam is Xenon and the high is yellow. tried to find out H4 Hi-Low Xenon bulbs but couldn't find them here.
Getting OSRAM H3/4/9006 Hi-Low 6000k Kit for Appx Rs9000 in Saudi. is it worth buying them and sell of the old Bosch Kit for appx 4-4.5k , or if the Hi-Low Xenon H4 bulbs are available in mumbai?
The current bulbs are 8000k and OSRAM kit is 6000k.

Epic,
You can use the same ballasts for even bulbs with 18000K :D Its only the color that matters.

Installing HIDs on Fogs is wasting money I feel. They dont really add any value except for bling bling.

Hi,

I have noticed that the reflectors of my fog lamps on my 2005 Swift are damaged. The silver reflective coating have developed cracks and also the edges of glass of the fog lamp is lined with dust from the inside. This totally destroys the look of the lamps and more over suppresses the intensity of light reflected on the road.

Ofcourse the only way to rectify this is to have the fogs lamps changed. However, I am sure that the lining of dust inside the fog lamp could be due dust entering due to an opening in the covering in wheel wells, but what could be the reason for the cracked reflectors?

Epic

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogisays0909 (Post 1445677)
Currently i have installed Bosch HID kit H4 8000k, of which one the low beam is Xenon and the high is yellow. tried to find out H4 Hi-Low Xenon bulbs but couldn't find them here.
Getting OSRAM H3/4/9006 Hi-Low 6000k Kit for Appx Rs9000 in Saudi. is it worth buying them and sell of the old Bosch Kit for appx 4-4.5k , or if the Hi-Low Xenon H4 bulbs are available in mumbai?
The current bulbs are 8000k and OSRAM kit is 6000k.

Hi Yogi,

There are many brands available in Mumbai including Bosch. But I believe that firstly Bosch do not make after market HID kits (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this point) and secondly the Bosch kits sold here aren't original and cannot be trusted. However, you can look at Philips, P4 and even Osram which are easily available all over Mumbai with company warranties. You can pick up the Osram kit from Saudi and 9k is not a bad price at all and I am sure it is cheaper than the Osram kit available here in Mumbai.

Epic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 1445683)
Epic,
You can use the same ballasts for even bulbs with 18000K :D Its only the color that matters.

Installing HIDs on Fogs is wasting money I feel. They dont really add any value except for bling bling.

But any idea why the colour change in two sets of bulbs having the same colour temperature?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 1445698)
Hi Yogi,

There are many brands available in Mumbai including Bosch. But I believe that firstly Bosch do not make after market HID kits (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this point) and secondly the Bosch kits sold here aren't original and cannot be trusted. However, you can look at Philips, P4 and even Osram which are easily available all over Mumbai with company warranties. You can pick up the Osram kit from Saudi and 9k is not a bad price at all and I am sure it is cheaper than the Osram kit available here in Mumbai.

Epic

These bosch aren't OG, but they work quite good, i had bought them from Saudi long back under warranty lol: .

I think i will use the same ballast and rather get a H4 Hi-Lo xenon bulbs from Opera. Any idea how much the bulb cost w/o the ballast.

Guys, I own a Swift to be frank I am quite happy with the visibility levels of my factor fitted headlamp bulbs.

I am not much satisfied with the foglamp range.

Please advice;

What bulb type to use for headlamps,

What bulb type to use for foglamps.

Note: I don't want anything highfy or change any kit or wiring in my car. I want something better than the existing 'bulb' without changing or forcing any damage to the existing lamps in the car, fuse system or the lamp wiring or holders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by humm (Post 1446383)
I want something better than the existing 'bulb' without changing or forcing any damage to the existing lamps in the car, fuse system or the lamp wiring or holders.

Upgrade to Philips Xtreme Power bulbs or even Osram Night Breakers. Both are a plug and play fit and need no extra wiring/relays.

You could also upgrade the stock bulb of the fogs to a slightly higher wattage for better lighting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by humm (Post 1446383)

What bulb type to use for foglamps.

Note: I don't want anything highfy or change any kit or wiring in my car. I want something better than the existing 'bulb' without changing or forcing any damage to the existing lamps in the car, fuse system or the lamp wiring or holders.

Hi,

The fog lamp bulbs used in the Swift are H8 and of 35W power. Very franlky there is no better bulb available in H8 yet. I believe there are bulbs available in 55W also but doubt they make any visible difference as the reflectors of the fogs are small.

Epic

Hi Guys,
Can you please give me some idea on which head lamps i can go for my fusion. Cause the default one just sucks.. I am not very technical about this so please excuse my adjectives used :)

I am not looking for those bright whitish lights. So, I will highly appreciate if you can gives some details about the lamps and their costs.

Thanks,
Apratim

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 1446896)
Hi,

The fog lamp bulbs used in the Swift are H8 and of 35W power. Very franlky there is no better bulb available in H8 yet. I believe there are bulbs available in 55W also but doubt they make any visible difference as the reflectors of the fogs are small.

Epic

Using the 55w bulb will cause any burns in the reflector or any load?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpa (Post 1446866)
Upgrade to Philips Xtreme Power bulbs or even Osram Night Breakers. Both are a plug and play fit and need no extra wiring/relays.

You could also upgrade the stock bulb of the fogs to a slightly higher wattage for better lighting.

How much do those bulb cost and whats the W? Btw whats the W of the existing original swift headlamp bulbs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by humm (Post 1447852)
How much do those bulb cost and whats the W? Btw whats the W of the existing original swift headlamp bulbs?

60/55W

You get Philips and Osrams in that range. Not sure of the costs. Dig through this thread, you might find some info.

60/55W is the range of the original fitted bulbs or Philips Xtreme Power bulbs - Osram Night Breakers?

What W can you upgrade in the existing wiring and setup without creating any load in the Swift?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 1447955)
60/55W

You get Philips and Osrams in that range. Not sure of the costs. Dig through this thread, you might find some info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by humm (Post 1448012)
60/55W is the range of the original fitted bulbs or Philips Xtreme Power bulbs - Osram Night Breakers?

What W can you upgrade in the existing wiring and setup without creating any load in the Swift?

Stock is 60/55 and so are the other 2 bulbs. I guess anything more than that, which is 100/90 I assume, will add significant load to the car.

I have Philips Rally 100/90 along with a Roots relay kit. The total cost me close to 800 bucks and installation another 200. Anyday cheaper than those Philips/Osram bulbs.