Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 15:39   #3091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Ankit,1.Checked the voltage, when in idling the voltage is 13.9V & when revved it's 14.09V, is this normal voltage ?
2. Relay has been replaced yesterday with a new relay(same Hella).
3. Yep brought a new bulb yesterday, I'll once install it with care, so no finger prints/or dust/moisture.
4. Nopes these are not fake bulbs, they are original, have hologram in them. 5. Need to check for loose wires(I don't think there are any loose wires)Question is, Is the above mentioned voltage normal for cars ?
The voltage is OK. Bulbs are rated for 14.4V

If everything else is fine, check if your HL assembly has no cracks etc for air/water/moisture to seep in. Open the hood and see that the top of the HeadLamp has no cracks.

Also, your Head Light stalk is functioning properly right?

Install the bulbs with utmost care this time around, or try a different set of bulbs - Halonix +60 (100/90 bulbs). They are very affordable and you can keep them as a spare set later.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:28   #3092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
The voltage is OK. Bulbs are rated for 14.4V

If everything else is fine, check if your HL assembly has no cracks etc for air/water/moisture to seep in. Open the hood and see that the top of the HeadLamp has no cracks.

Also, your Head Light stalk is functioning properly right?

Install the bulbs with utmost care this time around, or try a different set of bulbs - Halonix +60 (100/90 bulbs). They are very affordable and you can keep them as a spare set later.
Headlight case is perfectly fine .. no moisture no cracks nothing .
Headlight stalk is functioning properly.. else my prev buld shud have gone for a toss
Yep this time I'll put the bulb with utmost care.
Old 17th July 2009, 19:10   #3093
BHPian

Does anybody know what type bulbs go into the fog light of ford fiesta. I am going bulb hunting tomorrow. I wanted to upgrade the fogs also.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 17th July 2009, 19:26   #3094
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshyamsundar View Post
Does anybody know what type bulbs go into the fog light of ford fiesta. I am going bulb hunting tomorrow. I wanted to upgrade the fogs also.
Like I posted earlier, check the specification page in your owner's manual. It will have the type of bulb listed there.
Old 17th July 2009, 19:39   #3095
BHPian

I did it does not have any specification like H1/H7. It just says halogen bulbs. Having said that i will check again today
Old 20th July 2009, 10:45   #3096
BHPian

Any good installer ard JC Road for Lights, reverse horn, etc

I would be buying Philips Rally 100/90 and Roots wiring, holder and relay from AK Traders. I also need to buy reverse horn (like the TookTook....TookTook sound i heard in Scorpio), louder horn and few other stuffs. Apart from AK Traders for Lights. Any other stop or accessory shop where I can get these stuffs? Also if I buy all these things from different shops. Any good installers near that area? Approx how much do these guys charge? Any information would be of good help. Thanks.
Old 20th July 2009, 11:55   #3097
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshyamsundar View Post
I did it does not have any specification like H1/H7. It just says halogen bulbs. Having said that i will check again today
You can also try looking into the front glass of the fog lamp and look around the base of the bulb which will mention the type of bulb. If the bulb's base is not visible, you can remove it and check and then take it to a dealer and buy a similar bulb but of a higher wattage.
Old 20th July 2009, 11:59   #3098
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
Any other stop or accessory shop where I can get these stuffs? Also if I buy all these things from different shops. Any good installers near that area?
devrajman,

You can get horns and the other stuff that you are looking for at AK Traders itself. I would recommend getting it installed elsewhere or you can DIY at home as the installers in the area will have a field day with your wiring harness and chop it up to get a connection.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 20th July 2009, 13:13   #3099
BHPian

Im not too good with DIY. Would be good If I can get it done by someone who does a clean job.
Old 20th July 2009, 13:35   #3100
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Then you can buy the stuff from AK Traders and then go to your MASS and ask them to do the job. If you have built a rapport with them, they will complete the job willingly.
Old 21st July 2009, 10:19   #3101
BHPian

New Eyes for my Zen!

Thanks gpa.

I got all fittings done yesterday at JC Road.

I bought Philips Rally 100/90W, Roots Wiring and Harness (with ceramic holders) and Roots Relay from AK Traders. Also bought reverse horn (Your company Tuk-Tuk sound)

I bought wider rear vew mirror (with globe shaped compass and small thermometer) and digital clock for dashboard from Anil Automobiles on main road (recommended by AK Traders). He also seems to be good with the variety and price.

I bought Roots Airtone deluxe (red ones) horn. They are excellent. It has more fuller sound and loud too. Not every common. Hella Relay for horn.

I also bought Lumax Head Light Assembly.

I got all these fitted in a accessory shop below Shah Motors. They do a clean job. However you need to be on top of these guys making sure they do it as it should be done!

Overall a good experience @ JC Road! :-)

Coming to backbone of this thread. Phillips Rally 100/90 are REALLY bright!
They do not loose the yellowish tone like the OEMs. These can be a boon during rains or orangish street lights.

I would recommend this upgrade to anyone who travels on highways and know the issues like trucks and their lights, people walking on road sides or even cycles, tractors with no lights nor reflectors.

Now, my fingers crossed on how long the setup runs without issues!
Old 21st July 2009, 11:19   #3102
BHPian

Projector fog lamps

Need some quick inputs on universal projector fog lamps, which i plan use over the oem foglamp assembly on my swift sports bumper. My fog lamp needs an immediate change. Will some one tell me the specs of the swift fog lamp. Is it a H3?, also what would be the measurment of the lamp the width and the length. Just want to make sure it fits perfect and i dont have to do too much of mending on my sports bumper while installing them on. The last question. After I have the projector fogs fitted on, what is the recommended HID i should go for.

Last edited by Sportsmind : 21st July 2009 at 11:20. Reason: added
Old 21st July 2009, 11:37   #3103
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
Coming to backbone of this thread. Phillips Rally 100/90 are REALLY bright! They do not loose the yellowish tone like the OEMs.
Glad to know you got the installation done. Now, how about some pics of the lights in action in the night?

Cheers,
gpa

EDIT: just read the title of your thread and realised that you have a Zen :P

Last edited by gpa : 21st July 2009 at 11:43. Reason: Note to devrajman
Old 22nd July 2009, 21:56   #3104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Hi BullBoy,

Philips Xtreme Power and Osram NightBreaker are now available

Philips Xtreme Power H4 - Rs 1200
Osram NightBreaker H4 - 1400

I bought Xtreme Power and removed my Diamond Vision. Now night driving , especially in rain is 50% better than Diamond Vision as Diamond Vision was almost non-existent in rain.

Compared to stock H4, Xtreme-Power is 30-40% better in my opinion
Is the Xtreme Power/Night breaker better than Philips Rally 100/90?

The Philips website shows 60/55 bulbs, do they have 100/90?

Will the Xtreme Power 60/55 bulbs need relay?
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:42   #3105
BHPian

I was thinking of getting light upgrade for Wagon R.
So i have thought of the following :
> Philips Rally H4 100/90 ( I suppose its H4 in WagonR ?)
> Roots Relay & Ceramic Holder with Wiring Harness

Can you tell me the approximate costs of the same in delhi so that i am not robbed .
And i hope this is all i need.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks