Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-203.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1367688)
easiest way is to connect the old indicator bulb itself in parallel.
otherwise
eBay.co.uk Guides - Load resistors for LED indicator bulb replacement

Green horn are these availabe in India, will anyone help, before i decide to import it. I guess i will need four of them for each of the bulbs,right?..

Use this site for calculating resistor based on number of LEDs and voltage,.
When your car is running expect 14V as the driving current
MetkuMods - Because you love your hardware!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishantgandhi (Post 1367512)
Last evening I noticed that the rear right brake light is not coming on during braking. The bulb is not blown, since lights flash when central locking is used (flashes during locking/unlocking).

The brake bulbs have two filaments inside. One burns (dim) when you use the parking lights and in your case the security locking system and the bigger (bright) filament burn when you step on the brake pedal.

It is quite likely that the big filament has burnt out, which is why you see the dim flash when you lock/unlock your car, but not when you step on the brake pedal.

A change of bulb should solve this problem.

Hi Friends

I would like to upgrade my factory fitted headlamp bulbs in skoda fabia to some which is more powerful. Specifically for driving in highways with little or no external lighting available. Whats the best option?
The service personal told me that bulbs are available for 2500INR but wont recommend the same as its not good (does not last longer, damage to existing circuit)

regards

You cab go for Osram silverstar +50%, they are 60/55W and cost 350rs a pair.
Other options are Philips Xtreme power +80% which cost around 700rs a pair.
Both these have 60/55W and will not overload your system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1365899)
If you are continuously using stuff such that the alternator current is less than the drain current, your battery will eventually go dead.
So it depends on how much current are your neons drawing.
since you have just one AMP driving the sub, it should not be a problem unless you see your headlights flickering rythemically to the Bass.

Thanks mate.
Till date that hasn't happened.So can I be assured that all is well?
I do monthly battery maintenance routinely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsmind (Post 1367855)
Green horn are these availabe in India, will anyone help, before i decide to import it. I guess i will need four of them for each of the bulbs,right?..

seriously. the cheapest option is to connect the old bulb in parallel with the LED's.

a filament bulb is electrically identical to a resistor :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1370107)
seriously. the cheapest option is to connect the old bulb in parallel with the LED's.

a filament bulb is electrically identical to a resistor :)

A bit late with this great idea..just ordered for the 4 load resistors from Hong Kong.:D

Thanks for the idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatechamp (Post 1370104)
Thanks mate.
Till date that hasn't happened.So can I be assured that all is well?
I do monthly battery maintenance routinely.

monthly battery maintenance? Whats that?
Since your battery is not going dead, it means you do not overdraw for long durations of time

The philips dealer is quoting 1600 for a pair of extreme vision.He also suggested Osram night breakers are bit more better and retails at the same price.
Is this pricing justifiable?

bullboy, where is this ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anuj1237 (Post 1348826)
. I also fitted an HID kit on my fogs. Lighting is awesome. Coupled with the xenons on the fogs

I presume xenons = HID. Is it a simple Plug and play or one needs serious wiring etc. costs please?

bullboy, in B'lore it's 800/= incl of 12.5% tax. AK Traders is deals with Phillips bulbs & is very trustworthy. I bought a pair few days back. I was using Nightbreakers, these are excellent bulbs & brighter than Xtreme. But in rains & for Highway drive (highbeam throw) I think Xtreme wins.

Tnks
Suda

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullboy (Post 1370408)
The philips dealer is quoting 1600 for a pair of extreme vision.

:Shockked: That's almost double the cost. They retail for about Rs. 750 - Rs. 800 here in Bangalore at an authorised stockist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpa (Post 1370430)
:Shockked: That's almost double the cost. They retail for about Rs. 750 - Rs. 800 here in Bangalore at an authorised stockist.

That is what i understood from the forum. Philips packing does not have any MRP on the cover however the Nightbreakers MRP sticker says 1375.