Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-19.html)

hey ...

need the headlights upgrade for city zx vtec....

keen on philips rally 100/90 with relay...
please clear me of a few doubts...
1. do i need a ceramic holder
2. is the black coating on the stock bulb culprit for poor headlights in city
3. do i need any changes in the reflector....

i usually drive in night... and i love driving fast... so i need the eyes !!!

naman
1. You may need one. Its good to have. Many people run 100/90W without ceramic holders, but some face problems, so its a good to have thing, and it is not too expensive
2. No, the black coating will be there on all bulbs
3. Nope, I am running 100/90 without any change. If you get fake bulbs, they do not have UV resistant glass, and that will damage your reflector.

thanks a lot for the help...

please advice a good dealer in south delhi. and i guess there is no B&W for the bulbs.... how do i make out if its genuine or not. and which relay is good.... i visited a dealer in Def Co... he first said no relay was needed.. but when i persisted he said he will get boston relay... pl confirm if its ok. and how to find if a relay is genuine !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 394693)
Many people run 100/90W without ceramic holders, but some face problems,

Get the ceramic holder. They usually come along with a good wiring harness. I got lucas harness inbuilt with relay. The regular holders may get damaged due to the higher voltage.

Could someone please help me with headlamp alignment? This is for an OHC VTEC.

I can see the points that say U<->D and L<->R for Up-Down and Left-Right on the casing. I can also see the screws.

Of course I will be using the manual procedure to align.

But they dont seem to be easily reachable.

What I dont understand is why would it be in such a hard to reach location while this is such a necessary thing to be done.

Wish I had the new post-2005 auto levelers.

Thanks to anyone who will help on this.

Osram silverstar bulbs are available in bangalore. I have them on my swift. its 60/55 rating. its definetely better than the OEM fitting. I have done some highway driving with these and my observation is they are good for driving only till about 10pm. After which you will encounter these real high beam fellows with those eye blinding light. you can take these folks and you cant make them dim their light with osram silverstar.

I think for them only option would be get 100/90 bulbs preferably osram silverstar. But you need those relays and stuff and the maruti guys will always crib about warranty and stuff like that. I have written a strong letter to maruti customer care about the poor quality of OEM light. Let me see if they get back to me.

Can somebody let me know that where is a good shop in delhi to get my lightning upgraded ( i mean the bulbs & relay).

Is anything else needed for indica apart from bulbs and relay? how much will it cost?

Sorry if this has allready been covered in this thread.

What are the main things to keep in mind while opting for an HID kit ?

I know that the brightness isnt related to the different temps (eg6k/8k/12k etc) and this only has to do with the colour.

More specifically for the swift is at an h4/h7 fitment?

My friend is purchasing a China manufactured HID conversion kit, seems to be of a decent company who is OEM manufacture for some cars apparently. Anyway this is what is being offered in a High/Low Xenon kit

Basic FittingsMain Technical ParameterHe doesnt know anythign about lighting... and neither do I. I had read somethign about projectors etc when using xenon/hid in this thread too. What do they cost?

Replaced Tata Safari OEM Philips 60/55W with Osram Silverstar 60/55W(Back home in Ludhiana). The packing says 50%+. 300Rs for a pair.

The result : The night turned into day. While fitting andt testing at TASS, another guy with a safari came and asked, where did we get it. By the time we finished with the job card formalities(A retro fit job) he had already come back with a pair for his safari :D so impressed was he with the light.

They look better than my 100/90W Narva!

s0uljah,

in fact i have been hunting around for ideas for finding an old projector housing for a H7 6000K HID kit that I got from Germany.

i'm planning to fix them as accessory lighting - on a driving lamp housing or a fog lamp housing, or a customised alignment that can cover a large area ahead of my car, of course without the glare to oncoming traffic.

but the search is proving to be futile for a decent projector lens. i looked for it with Skoda, Hyundai for accident cars, but havent had any luck until now. i just have their numbers and will have to call them during my long leave next week.

will keep you posted about it.

you can always buy them from ebay.com, but will work out expensive and is stupid to fit in a rebased H7 in a OEM projector that they sell.

PM me if you need any other info, i did quite a lot of study on this HID stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 401039)
Replaced Tata Safari OEM Philips 60/55W with Osram Silverstar 60/55W(Back home in Ludhiana). The packing says 50%+. 300Rs for a pair.

The result : The night turned into day. While fitting andt testing at TASS, another guy with a safari came and asked, where did we get it. By the time we finished with the job card formalities(A retro fit job) he had already come back with a pair for his safari :D so impressed was he with the light.

They look better than my 100/90W Narva!

Tanveer, where these can be sourced? Also, if I put these in my indica, would it require relay and all? ( i mean being 60/55W)

They are 60/55W so no relay needed.
You need to call up osram. Get their number from osramindia.com, call up and ask for a dealer in your area.
I found out the number of ludhiana dealer from the chd office.
You can call up these
SEE THE WORLD IN A NEW LIGHT

panky brother,
did you buy osram silverstar for Rs300?
i bought them for 15 pounds!!!!!!!!... what a waste of money

TSK, I have converted to 100/90 Philips rallye some time earlier with new wiring harness and relay. I am very happy except for 2 recent blow outs. I asked to check the lines and told my service guy that he is responsible for the next blowout.

Can I use the Osram 60/55W on the it without changing the wiring harness to stock?

You don't need to rechange the wiring back to stock.
Just plug and play. If you are happy with 100/90W currently why change back, unless you suspect that 100/90W are duplicate.

Beware of philips duplicates, they are dime a dozen. While checking out the Osrams I saw few samples of Bluevision which were definitely duplicate. Shoddy quality, etc., were clear giveaways.