Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-169.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKIYA_2K12 (Post 1102642)
got it from china for 5.5 with shipping it is one month old and the light is good as other brands

China ja ke bhi chuna lag gaya lol: (You got conned in China for a Chinese HID)
Those fake BOSCH HIDs are available in India at lesser or same price.

Where can one get H3 HID kits which are very very VFM and what would be the price. Not more than 4300k in colour.

HID kit available from Reliance Autozone for 5990 with bill and warranty. This is not H4 high low. That one is close to 10K
I am not sure about the brand

Tanveer IIRC, you stated somewhere that the H3 came for about 3-4k.

I'm talking about he cheaper Chinese ones or something.

H3 from Karol Bagh is 4000. It used to be 3500 in the days of 39 a dollar.
Its a 6000K HID. Now Reliance can't beat those rates, but they are dropping anyways.
This same kit was 7200 a couple of weeks back. Now its 5990.
I expect them to come down to 4500 or so since their procurement price is close to 3300(bulk procurement)

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1fan (Post 1103837)
Can I get that same bulb from outside? What would be the specifications of that bulb? Any good brand?

Kindly advise.

Thanks
f1fan

Usually all fog light bulbs are H3, but you'll need to check and confirm for your Dzire. You can get H3 bulbs from Hella, Osram for about 100/bulb or Halonix for 30/bulb.

Want to change the headlamps of my NHC to angel eyes. What will be the expected cost and where can i get it done in Delhi?

While removing the bumper for some repair, I noticed that the fog lights in the stock location of the WagonR were without any ground connection. Both the black wires of the lights were connected to each other without any grounding, will that work fine or should i install a ground wire ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakensoul (Post 1104090)
Usually all fog light bulbs are H3, but you'll need to check and confirm for your Dzire. You can get H3 bulbs from Hella, Osram for about 100/bulb or Halonix for 30/bulb.

Thanks Buddy. Its daylight robbery that Maruti A.S.S charge you 600 for a bulb that costs 100.
Good that I didnt change it there:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1fan (Post 1105020)
Thanks Buddy. Its daylight robbery that Maruti A.S.S charge you 600 for a bulb that costs 100.
Good that I didnt change it there:)

On Dec 17th, my fog lamp bulb was repalced by Suraksh at a cost of Rs.500/- for a bulb.

On Dec 18th, I brought Philips Xterme from AK traders for Rs.770/-. When I enquired about the philips fog lamp bulbs(for Swift, H8 or H11), there were two models available on with 35W costing Rs.575/- and another one with 55W costing Rs.950/- with bill.

regards,
-manju

Hi All,

I have installed Philips Blue vision H4 - 100/90 Watt bulbs in place of OE bulbs in my swift. I have just replaced the bulbs without any modification to electrical. That is no additional relay is put in place. They were installed an year ago.

I have read elsewhere on the thread, that whenever we change the bulbs with higher wattage, we have to put an additional wiring and relay. Is it mandatory, as I keep checking on the connectors but not the wiring.

Please advice, if we have these electrical kits readily available which can be just used to plug in straight rather than cutting the stock wires and modifying them.

Regards, Raju

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjubp (Post 1106972)
On Dec 17th, my fog lamp bulb was repalced by Suraksh at a cost of Rs.500/- for a bulb.

On Dec 18th, I brought Philips Xterme from AK traders for Rs.770/-. When I enquired about the philips fog lamp bulbs(for Swift, H8 or H11), there were two models available on with 35W costing Rs.575/- and another one with 55W costing Rs.950/- with bill.

regards,
-manju

H8 for 575 bucks:Shockked:.
Over the weekend, I finally replaced the H8 fog bulb that had conked off in my dzire. Got an Philips H8 for 370 with bill. Checked the bulb and packaging and noticed that it was "Made in Germany". Looked original.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrrraju (Post 1107868)
Hi All,

I have installed Philips Blue vision H4 - 100/90 Watt bulbs in place of OE bulbs in my swift. I have just replaced the bulbs without any modification to electrical. That is no additional relay is put in place. They were installed an year ago.

I have read elsewhere on the thread, that whenever we change the bulbs with higher wattage, we have to put an additional wiring and relay. Is it mandatory, as I keep checking on the connectors but not the wiring.

Please advice, if we have these electrical kits readily available which can be just used to plug in straight rather than cutting the stock wires and modifying them.

Regards, Raju

Why in heaven's name would you buy bluevision bulbs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by teknophobia (Post 1110469)
Why in heaven's name would you buy bluevision bulbs?

I need all information on HID/Projector lamps for Scorpio.I've no idea where to source the parts. Anybody got information?

Can anyone give pointers to a reliable auto accessories shop in trivandrum from where I can get Philips 100/90w bulbs and a good quality relay kit for my 2006 Getz? Are there any particular branded relay kits available?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vrrraju (Post 1107868)
Hi All,

Regards, Raju

Get the complete headlight relay with wiring and ceramic holder from Bosh. Its very easy to install and does not require any cutting of wires. Upgrade soon otherwise you will damage your combination switch which will cost you above 1500 bucks.

link

Bosch - Relays