Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-139.html)

thanks Tsk
In that case i think its better to stick to 90/100.
I don't want to end up with burnt reflector in search of brighter light.

what bulb would you suggest in 90/100W? OSRAM/Philips ?

Different reflectors give different light patterns for different bulbs.
Try Halonix/Philips/Mico/Bosch etc., before buying.
Some reflectors like OHC are very suited to Hella Gold(Don't ask me why!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 957950)
Some reflectors like OHC are very suited to Hella Gold(Don't ask me why!)

But the bulbs are a pain! Blew out 2 set in 4 months & finally switched to Halonix which might not be as good but have been infinitely more reliable & less than half the cost!

I have just upgraded the headlight bulbs of my new GETZ D to 100/90. Used Halonix bulbs with a relay. Unfortunately as the changeover happened during broad daylight, it was not possible to check the complete functionality of the headlights. On the same night, I have noticed two issues:

1. Although the light intensity has improved over the stock bulbs, the headlight has started to spray the beam all over the place. :eek:
2. The mechanic seem to have messed up the high & low beam connections as it is now functions the opposite way, i.e. - pulling the lever close to steering engages high beam & pushing it away puts in on low beam.:Frustrati

Any idea what could be the solutions to both the problems?

Relay is fitted wrongly.
As for the spread etc., the headlight will have to be aimed with adjustment screws

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 958102)
Relay is fitted wrongly.
As for the spread etc., the headlight will have to be aimed with adjustment screws

Thanks, will check with the mechanic.

Hi Guys, wanted to know that where can I find original Phillips Bi Xenon HID KIT in NCR. Heard that the prices are slashed to around 9K now. Plan to get it installed in my Getz D.

Would be glad if someone can guide me, thanks in advance.

Hi,

Could some one please tell me what is behnid the projector of Skoda Octavia A4 headlight?

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-skoda-headlight_trimmed-snap.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj_koova (Post 957138)
Philips extreme power (60/55W - H4) is available on ebay.
I was looking for a replacement for my Cedia.
Is it wise to buy it from ebay. How do we know the authenticity of the product.
Or is it available in any shops in Bangalore?

I bought it from ebay and it looks good and original.

Hi,

These are Xenon lamps that you are referring to..

Cheers,

gpa

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyamhegde (Post 958261)
Hi,

Could some one please tell me what is behnid the projector of Skoda Octavia A4 headlight?

Attachment 43336

Thanks in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abbey4u (Post 958827)
I bought it from ebay and it looks good and original.

Thanks. I have also ordered it on ebay. Cost was 960/- including shipping.
Expecting the delivery this week.

Hi Bhaskar,

To sort out the problem of your headlight switch working the opposite, suggest you check the wiring of the modifications done. The mechanic could have the connections reversed which is why your lights function in the way thet do now.

This once happened to me when I changed a blown relay in my Maruti 800, but luckily I checked it before leaving the service center.

Tip: Always check the functioning of the lights (low/high beams) after you have changed the stock bulbs/wiring or relays.

Cheers,

Pritish

Quote:

Originally Posted by forbhaskarm (Post 958094)
I have just upgraded the headlight bulbs of my new GETZ D to 100/90. Used Halonix bulbs with a relay. Unfortunately as the changeover happened during broad daylight, it was not possible to check the complete functionality of the headlights. On the same night, I have noticed two issues:

1. Although the light intensity has improved over the stock bulbs, the headlight has started to spray the beam all over the place. :eek:
2. The mechanic seem to have messed up the high & low beam connections as it is now functions the opposite way, i.e. - pulling the lever close to steering engages high beam & pushing it away puts in on low beam.:Frustrati

Any idea what could be the solutions to both the problems?

Hi,

You can get the entire range of original Philips auto bulbs in Bangalore as an alternative to ebay

Contact AK Traders on JC Road. The gentleman by name Mr. SK Mittal has the entire range of Philips bulbs. He's a genuine importer of Philips bulbs and I have bought two sets of Philips bulbs from him and vouch for the quality of his products.:thumbs up

Mr. Mittal has good knowledge on bulbs for cars. He will recommend a better version along with the appropriate relays as well if you tell him exactly what you are looking for. You sure will find what you are looking for here and can even get a discount

Here are his contact details

AK TRADERS
PH: 4114-3199, 4114-3958
# 22/23, 1 FLOOR, SEETHALAKSHMI COMPLEX,
3'RD CROSS, JC ROAD, BLORE 02

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj_koova (Post 957138)
Philips extreme power (60/55W - H4) is available on ebay.
I was looking for a replacement for my Cedia.
Is it wise to buy it from ebay. How do we know the authenticity of the product.
Or is it available in any shops in Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpa (Post 960037)
Hi,

These are Xenon lamps that you are referring to..

Cheers,

gpa

Hi, Thanks! here is the pic of projectors in side the headlight assembly of Octavia (refer to my previous post above pls)
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-skoda-octavia-projector.jpg

It is a H3 projector. I just wanted to know what bulbs does sit there? I mean a H3 halogen or (43K) H3 HID ?
I suppose it is a HID but wanted to confirm.

Thanks!
Shyam

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpa (Post 960164)
Hi,

You can get the entire range of original Philips auto bulbs in Bangalore as an alternative to ebay

Contact AK Traders on JC Road.

Here are his contact details

AK TRADERS
PH: 4114-3199, 4114-3958
# 22/23, 1 FLOOR, SEETHALAKSHMI COMPLEX,
3'RD CROSS, JC ROAD, BLORE 02

Hey..Thanks gpa.
I hope if your message had come bit earlier:)
I ordered this time from ebay. Was in a little hurry.
I have plans for an upgrade to HID may by early next year and this will the place I go first.