Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-11.html)

Hello everyone.
I am not happy with my Octy's lights and am planning an upgrade. My driving is 60:40 city highway. White/blue light does not matter as long as I get good illumination. I do not want to go for Xenon conversions. Also, in Octys the fog lamps are located in the head lamp clusters. I do not mind changing all the bulbs but am happy with the OE fogs. Please advice. Also let me know what else I'll have to install (relays/etc) and other modifications if required. Thanks people....

look in the reviews section and youll see a thread on philip crystal visions in an octy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by willy (Post 353902)
I see no problem like the headlight reflector getting faded with 130/100. Guys, can you please let me know if any one has faced the problem.

I have been using Philips Rally130 (H4) for over a year in my Bolero - no problem at all! Infact, i had consulted the automotive lighting expert at Philips who recommended Rally130s over crystal vision etc. That is, if you want bright lights that work in all conditions, go for Rally series. If you want lights for show go for Philips Blue lights etc. Just make sure you install a proper relay with complete wiring set.

I also use Rally 90/100 (H3) for my Hella Comet 500 fog-lights. They are the best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvd (Post 363850)
Hello everyone.
I am not happy with my Octy's lights and am planning an upgrade.

Hi Shuvd, This thread might prove useful to you.

Thanks guys, for showing me the light

Hi testdrive,
Thanks for your comments on Rally 130/100. I keep changing between 130/100 and 90/100. I change to 130/100 when I need to drive on Highways. I do it my self....

Firstly sorry: to all the good souls who are out there for starting this fresh thread. I really need inputs on changing the head lights for my swift.

1. i dont want to blind on coming traffic.
2. i want some decent lights on highways. (head light + fog light)
3. Please suggest me a shop in bangalore

I will be oblidged if you could suggest brands for bulbs/relays etc as applicable

Many thanks in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by pshyamsundar
1. i dont want to blind on coming traffic.

Fantastic approach.
Quote:

2. i want some decent lights on highways. (head light + fog light)
Plenty of them are available. You need to decide the make.
Quote:

3. Please suggest me a shop in bangalore
No shops from JC Road, unless you know them. Lots of them in Residency road...front of LIFESTYLE shop...Mission road..

Quote:

I will be oblidged if you could suggest brands for bulbs/relays etc as applicable
To be safe..go for Philips.

1. For the highway and city use you can buy the Philips Rallye 120/100 bulbs.. should come within 1000/- + you will need a cutout installed on it..
within city use only low beams..as 120/100 is very very bright...after this you will not need to spend on fog lamps.

2. Try Car Shringar opposite life style.. / Hot tracks / or go to pfm car accessories on double road..

Godfather

Get a Philips 90/100 Watts bulbs with Headlight wiring assembly kit with Roots ceramic holder for Approx 900 Rs and you will be happy and will not ask for fog lamps.

Mugen.

If you have the patience , it has been extensively discussed here :).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...g-here-11.html

Cheers

I want the following upgrade for my 2007 Swift. For the headlamp i have chosen Philips X-Treme (Philips H4 X-treme 80% brighter and fully road legal). But the website says its 12.8 Volts 60/55W. Would 12.8 Volts be a problem. Its a new car and i dont wan to play with warranty etc.

For the Fog Lamps (i Think they are H1) i would like to use Philips Blue Vision.

Please let me know if my decisions are ok. I would mainly drive in city, and once in 2 months on highways.

These are the Philips extreme power plus and is the top end lamp from philips. But its not available in India, and you have to directly import them from the website.
You can use them, as they fit on standard Lamps in all new cars with H4 fitment.

guys plz tell me which would be best for my new verna ? thanks

guys one more thing any idea how much r Philips X-Treme in india , coz me deciding to order from power bulbs otherwise.......is this site safe ? and i think verna is h4 plz correct me if iam wrong......