Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2012, 16:55   #46
BHPian

re: Vicky.in's online automotive store. EDIT : Poor reviews & customer service on Pg.3

I have lost only Rs 82 due to incorrect supply of the item that I had ordered from Vicky.in. But feeling of being cheated is more than that of a million bucks.
I will ensure that Vicky.in and karthick will hear a lot from me.
I would request all those who have been cheated by Vicky.in to avoid letting it go just like that. Put your comments on the facebook link here http://www.facebook.com/vickydotin?ref=ts&fref=ts
Vicky.in I am coming watch out.
Old 29th November 2012, 16:34   #47
BHPian

re: Vicky.in's online automotive store. EDIT : Poor reviews & customer service on Pg.3

I had ordered the Pirelli Sport Demon 140/70-17 for my CBR 250R. The cost of the tyre including shipping was Rs.3110/-. Finding it a great deal, I called up Mr. Karthick and cross confirmed if the product was in stock at the given price to which he affirmed.

After 2 days Mr. Karthick replied:

"Sorry to inform you that the Pirelli tyre you have ordered is available only at a MRP of Rs.6500 and the vendor is saying that he can give a maximum offer of up to Rs.5000 as MRP. Shall we send a link to collect the extra amount or else shall we send the MRF tyre of the same cost which you have paid??"

I got a heart attack on the offer price as the Sport Demons are available at a much cheaper price in Mumbai. I asked them for a refund- as my sole objective for going for the Pirelli's was better grip. Then he asked if I can take the Contigo. In case I wanted the Contigo I would have bought it right here in Mumbai for a cheaper price that included fitting as well. When asked about my refund, he replied that the bank will deduct 6% which works out to a mere 180 bucks or lesser. Not willing to budge on the refund, I was forced to take the Contigo which arrived yesterday and I was surprised to find 2 deep cut marks on the side wall (will post the pics shortly).

Also the Contigo's price was 200 less than the Pirelli and when asked, the only thing I could see was silence. They were worried about losing 180 bucks on the refund, but they want me to let go the 200 bucks- why do I part with my hard earned money?

I have written to them and still awaiting reply. Also I will have to lug around the tyre for installation and pay fitting charges too.

I won't say they cheated me as the product is delivered though after a compromise from my side, and Mr. Karthick regularly corresponded on the matter except my last mail on the differential amount and the damage on the tyres.

They need to be more professional. Their listings seems like just hurriedly put and even if you see today, the Pirelli is still posted as available and at the same price. Also a refund policy has to be definitely in place. Why do I pay for their mistakes?
pulsurge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 20:02   #48
BHPian

To add Mr. Karthick replied today on the differential amount that would be credited back to my account in 7 days. The only worry is the cut on the sidewall, hope I don't get a tyre burst :(
Old 30th November 2012, 00:55   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsurge
To add Mr. Karthick replied today on the differential amount that would be credited back to my account in 7 days. The only worry is the cut on the sidewall, hope I don't get a tyre burst :(
If your tyre has a cut on the sidewall you should not be riding with it. Think about the potential danger that you are putting yourself into.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 30th November 2012 at 00:57.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 01:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hella 500 ff on their website is listed as 5 thousand rupees.

It is available in the market at 3600 +/- 50. A 1400 price difference is just too much of a loot to digest.
Old 30th November 2012, 07:24   #51
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsurge View Post
You should return this immediately. A cut on the sidewall is a recipe for disaster. All i can suggest is to get whatever refund you can from this extremely unprofessional site and resume your search for a Pirelli Sports Demon.

P.S: Do let me know if you find one. I have had enough of slips and slides on my Contigo clad CBR 250R.
Mik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 08:48   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Return the tire and ask for a refund. If you paid via credit card you can raise a dispute. Do NOT use a damaged tire to save 3000 bucks, your road to recovery might cost a LOT more if there is an unfortunate incident (God forbid).

When i read your post i was almost excited to see the price of the tire and was wondering how it is available for so less. I paid 3.8k last year for the PSD in 140 size and now it's not even available in stock in Blore.

Last edited by n_aditya : 30th November 2012 at 08:50.
n_aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 12:26   #53
BHPian

Re: Vicky.in's online automotive store. EDIT : Poor reviews & customer service on Pg.

Here are the pics of the tyre:

pulsurge is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 13:40   #54
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vicky.in's online automotive store. EDIT : Poor reviews & customer service on Pg.

Quote:
Here are the pics of the tyre:..

I hope this is a joke.

Please do not risk using these; regardless of what you decide to do with the purchase transaction.

A full refund is what is required here.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 13:52   #55
BHPian

I had ordered a shampoo, polish & wax worht 1500rs odd from their online store. The delivery guy collected another 70rs odd for octroi. I ordered 495rs worth of products from motomax.in & they did not have any other charges.
I cringed while paying the 70rs extra cause I did not see the point...OCTROI CHARGES!!!!
Old 30th November 2012, 13:56   #56
BHPian

Quote:

You are kidding right!!! Or you just have a fantastic sense of humour. I would not accept that as a refurbished tire, let alone a brand new one.
mb_jg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 14:37   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow!!! Not very encouraging news that an online supplier will supply tyres in this condition. Please ask for a full refund. Its your right!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
I had ordered a shampoo, polish & wax worht 1500rs odd from their online store. The delivery guy collected another 70rs odd for octroi. I ordered 495rs worth of products from motomax.in & they did not have any other charges.
I cringed while paying the 70rs extra cause I did not see the point...OCTROI CHARGES!!!!
Octroi is usually levied for some goods which are billed and come from outside the octroi limits. It is possible that Motomax is supplying from their warehouse within city limits, so no Octroi payable. In any case, they should also have provided a Municipal corporation receipt for Octroi received. Was this also provided?

Last edited by hrman : 30th November 2012 at 14:42.
Old 30th November 2012, 14:45   #58
BHPian

Quote:

I won't say they cheated me as the product is delivered though after a compromise from my side
With the kind of tire you have got, to still say you haven't been cheated, all I can say is, you are a nice man.
tifosikrishna is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 15:32   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Octroi is usually levied for some goods which are billed and come from outside the octroi limits. It is possible that Motomax is supplying from their warehouse within city limits, so no Octroi payable. In any case, they should also have provided a Municipal corporation receipt for Octroi received. Was this also provided?
Motomax delivers from Mumbai Unfortunately I was in office when the parcel from Vicky.in was delivered, my mom did not ask for the octroi receipt.
Old 30th November 2012, 15:47   #60
Senior - BHPian

I have used vicky.in shopping once. Ordered the following stuff for cleaning/polishing:

1. Meguiars Water Magnet Towel (x1)
2. Meguiars applicator pads (x2)
3. Optimum No Rinse 8oz (x1)
4. Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfiber towel (x2)

I was also charged 160 towards delivery. Out of these they delivered only two items (applicator pads and Meguiars microfiber towels ). For rest of the stuff Kartick sent me a email apologizing for non availability (after a few days) and wanted me to go for something else citing that he could not make a refund!! I had to send a strong mail to either courier me the exact stuff I had ordered or else refund me the money. Finally after some time he promised to refund and did that in a few days.

Overall it was an ordinary shopping experience with them. I had to pay Rs. 160 for shipping of bunch of applicator pads and towels - something I could have picked up myself from 3M store. I had placed the order primarily for ONR that they didnt deliver!
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks