Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 15:25   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Elegant Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
did you try this ? any pictures.

im very interested in their claim that this feels like leather...but does not get heated up in summer. I'm wondering if that claim can hold up in Delhi weather. Art leather and real leather both get heated up to furnace level temperatures.

would love to get your opinion/experience

P.S. I'm also wondering what they call nubuck is actually alacantara - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcantara_(material)
Superb and i love it! Family loves it as well! Feels very natural to touch, no heat when under the sun, takes just a minute or so to cool down if at all. And they look smashing to my eyes at least

When you place the order on their website, make sure you open the chat window and request for a discount for the model you choose. You will receive a link to place the order. I got a good deal just by doing that

Elegant Seat Covers-pxl_20210120_085358997.jpg

Elegant Seat Covers-pxl_20210120_083015670.jpg
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 16:38   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Superb and i love it! Family loves it as well! Feels very natural to touch, no heat when under the sun, takes just a minute or so to cool down if at all. And they look smashing to my eyes at least

When you place the order on their website, make sure you open the chat window and request for a discount for the model you choose. You will receive a link to place the order. I got a good deal just by doing that
this is brilliant! did you install it yourself or do you need an installer to do it.

is this a very unique material ? im kind of amazed that these are the only people in India who have a sun-proof, artificial leather material.

In the US, alcantara (artificial suede and nubuck) are very popular as a premium material. People do their high end cars in them.

silverbyte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 17:01   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
this is brilliant! did you install it yourself or do you need an installer to do it.

is this a very unique material ? im kind of amazed that these are the only people in India who have a sun-proof, artificial leather material.

In the US, alcantara (artificial suede and nubuck) are very popular as a premium material. People do their high end cars in them.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=UZ2lbozhk1c&t=103s
The whole thing gets stitched in their factory in Uttarakhand. Then gets shipped to you by courier. Well packed.

Then you take it to their elegant car cover showroom in your city for free installation. Good job by the boys.

Its not artificial leather. It is fabric that looks like real leather but is water resistant fabric. Best of both worlds.

This is a well known brand and many bhpians have done their cars with them. But i think mine might be thr first with their top of the line fabric make believe leather (not artificial).
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 17:09   #34
BHPian

Quote:

Its not artificial leather. It is fabric that looks like real leather but is water resistant fabric. Best of both worlds.

This is a well known brand and many bhpians have done their cars with them. But i think mine might be thr first with their top of the line fabric make believe leather (not artificial).
thank you so much. the material looks REALLY good. i wanted a different car seat design though. and i checked with them, but they dont do custom designs. so trying to figure out if this material can be got elsewhere

thanks!!
Old 4th March 2021, 10:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
The whole thing gets stitched in their factory in Uttarakhand. Then gets shipped to you by courier. Well packed.

Then you take it to their elegant car cover showroom in your city for free installation. Good job by the boys.

This looks fantastic. Looking for something like this for our recently overhauled old Alto. Have to figure out if I can see a sample before ordering in Bangalore. Tfs!
Old 19th May 2021, 16:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
thank you so much. the material looks REALLY good. i wanted a different car seat design though. and i checked with them, but they dont do custom designs. so trying to figure out if this material can be got elsewhere

thanks!!
Please do let me know also if you are able to find something. I am also looking out for something with this material but in a different design!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
We did check at Imperial recently for a friend's XL6. But got a better deal at Karthik (Devraj/Nagraj).

Thanks for the pics.

Agree with you: art leather not comfortable, while real leather also gets pretty expensive. If I am changing my seat covers, I would definitely try this one. But as things stand, the cover on only the driver seat is wearing a bit
Hi,
Did you get a better quote than elegant themselves for this platina variant? I got quoted 16.1k for my city. I like the black color.

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th May 2021 at 18:00. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Thank you!
Old 17th June 2021, 14:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Please do let me know also if you are able to find something. I am also looking out for something with this material but in a different design!

Hi,
Did you get a better quote than elegant themselves for this platina variant? I got quoted 16.1k for my city. I like the black color.

Here's a tip: I went to Elegant's local store (searched google) and they quoted 12.9K for my Vento (Elegant's quote was 16.1). Then I also went to a couple of other stores and the lowest quote I got was 12K square. Elegant has many dealers in Jaipur and that'd be the case, I imagine, in most major towns.
Annibaddh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 06:20   #38
BHPian

Quote:

Then you take it to their elegant car cover showroom in your city for free installation. Good job by the boys
Were your OEM seat covers removed before installing?

I too bought from Elegant but not this model. It had various plastic strips beneath. However all those were cut except one in the middle and then installed on the OEM seats with a horizontal cut on the seat without removing the OEM seat cover
Old 10th August 2021, 07:01   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoguru View Post
Were your OEM seat covers removed before installing?

I too bought from Elegant but not this model. It had various plastic strips beneath. However all those were cut except one in the middle and then installed on the OEM seats with a horizontal cut on the seat without removing the OEM seat cover
OEM seat covers did not need removal. A hole was punched in through the back to ensure the new covers remained tightly affixed instead of wanting to sag after use.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 10:01   #40
BHPian

I installed yesterday elegant velvet seat cover and a slit was made along the middle of the seat. Unfortunately I was witness to that process. It pained

Just then I decided not to go for after market seat covers at all in future. Even if I go, it will be slip on types and not even the one which requires two holes.
Old 10th March 2023, 09:07   #41
BHPian

I wanted to upgrade the seat cover for my 6yr old POLO. I decided to go with elegant seat covers after much deliberation and checking out various options.

My requirements :
1. Soft material
2. Non leather option
3. Suitable for hot weather
4. Spill resistant
5. Budget - below 15k.

I finalized Veloba Crescent Velvet Fabric Car Seat from elegant as they were within my budget and met my criteria. Visited nearby distributor at marathalli (BLR) based on their website address. Online and offline prices were the same and I was offered free installation but the model was not available with them, so I had to wait 10 days. They were on time with delivery and installation.

Here are the results after the installation.

Elegant Seat Covers-20230309_151342.jpg

Elegant Seat Covers-20230309_175044.jpg

Elegant Seat Covers-20230309_175116.jpg

Elegant Seat Covers-20230309_175123.jpg
sunilarkt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 14:58   #42
BHPian

Just ordered Nubuck seat covers for my 2023 Ertiga. Hopefully the delivery and install process is smooth. Will post pictures once done.
Old 15th February 2024, 17:08   #43
BHPian

Just got the "Comfy Waves - Grey" Elegant seat covers installed in my Maruti A-Star for a price of 7.6K at JJ Enterprises, JC Road, Bangalore today.

I'd contacted the store a little over two weeks ago and the owner had sent me the current Elegant catalogue via WhatsApp to make a selection. There were many options to choose from and I was impressed with the selection.

Keeping in mind the grey interiors of the A-Star and the fact that it is the beater vehicle in our home so budget was somewhat limited, I decided on this specific option. Once selected, it took around two weeks for the seat covers to arrive from I believe U.P. to Bangalore.

Here are some photos of the installation process and the final outcome:

Elegant Seat Covers-comfy_waves_grey_elegant_seat_covers_1.jpg

Elegant Seat Covers-comfy_waves_grey_elegant_seat_covers_2.jpg

Elegant Seat Covers-comfy_waves_grey_elegant_seat_covers_3.jpg

Elegant Seat Covers-comfy_waves_grey_elegant_seat_covers_4.jpg

Elegant Seat Covers-comfy_waves_grey_elegant_seat_covers_5.jpg

Elegant Seat Covers-comfy_waves_grey_elegant_seat_covers_6.jpg

Elegant Seat Covers-comfy_waves_grey_elegant_seat_covers_7.jpg

The installation was a smooth process. The owner was very nice to interact with and knowledgeable. Also, his staff were good. There was a minor mistake wherein the rear seat belt receivers were not pulled through the openings of the rear seat. This was immediately rectified when I brought it to the owner's notice.

Also, while I was in the shop, I decided to get my headlights upgraded from 55/60W to yellow Osram 90/100W bulbs + single relay for 1.7K. White LEDs were suggested to me but I have my reservations. I've had really bad experience from two wheelers fitted with white LED headlights and so I do not wish to blind oncoming traffic so I stuck with yellow, halogen bulbs.

Overall, I would say that the entire experience at JJ Enterprises was very good and I would recommend them especially for installation of Elegant seat covers in Bangalore.

Last edited by sydras : 15th February 2024 at 17:09.
sydras is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2024, 06:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

So I am on this thread as having installed Elegant seat covers in my Scorpio some years back, and liking the fit and finish.

Now, last year, I had them produce a set of seat covers, with airbag compatibility, for my endeavour. The fit and finish of the product that arrived was horrendous, and two other issues -

1. The front armrest cover provided was the wrong size and just did not fit.

2. The third row seat covers were defective in that after fitting them, one of the third row seats would not lie flat. There is a motor that raises or lowers them, with a sensor that looks for obstruction and brings the seat back up, and the sensor for one of those seats kept raising the seat back up once the third row covers were fitted.

I asked Elegant to replace these. Got an assurance that they would, promptly. Then waited some weeks, asked again. No response at all despite repeated reminders.

Found a different contact there after some months and asked again. Same thing happened - assurances that they'd fix ASAP and then no response.

Now it has been over six months that I'm stuck with a defective set of seat covers and no useful customer support or repair or refund. Twenty thousand or so rupees down the drain

I am glad for those BHPians who got good and well fitting covers from this outfit, but it is not professional enough to resolve problems or fix defective products once delivered. Especially if they are not local to you (I'm in Chennai and they're probably Delhi or around there). So please be cautious.

(the number in one screenshot is their offiical support number, the last whatsapp chat with them, assuring that they will resolve the issue, but no response after that, is from december 2023)
Attached Thumbnails
Elegant Seat Covers-6ce0e3845cee4dfe9ed7178f63cfb066.jpeg  

Elegant Seat Covers-whatsapp-image-20231201-2.17.05-pm.jpeg  

Elegant Seat Covers-dec.jpg  

Last edited by hserus : 16th February 2024 at 06:39. Reason: add images
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 15:59   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I am glad for those BHPians who got good and well fitting covers from this outfit, but it is not professional enough to resolve problems or fix defective products once delivered. Especially if they are not local to you (I'm in Chennai and they're probably Delhi or around there). So please be cautious.
I also had an issue when I fitted their covers for two cars and both issues were taken note of by them, but no resolution provided by them. I also left it after few follow-ups.

The installer also was not taking responsibility for anything stating that it’s from elegant factory, and he cannot do anything.

As suggested, better avoid online purchase and local installation, especially in far off places from Delhi.

Now, one set of covers is throwing some sort of yellow dust. It is spoiling the total interior of the car. Seemingly the foam inside the cover is getting disintegrated after just two years. I am trying to take it up with elegant, fingers crossed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks