Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 09:44   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Xbox360...in one of the pics I see that company MRP is 225 so if at all its available in Hyd then it should me more or less same price and if its available in Big Bazaar and Hypercity...it has to be there at similar places at Hyd too...

Try the Hypercity mall at Inorbit at Hitec City
Thanks, will try it out over the weekend.
Old 31st August 2010, 23:28   #17
BHPian

And guys! There is this Rose fragrance which looks just like My Shaldan "packing wise". It is fake. I mistakingly bought one for my Zen and while LBM was auditioning my car, he gave the best comment just after sitting inside.
"Aap Paan khaate ho Kya?!"
(Do you eat Paan?)
LOL!
Old 1st September 2010, 05:03   #18
BHPian

Let me try this next time i visit Big Bazaar. checked futurebazaar.com, their online store but unable to locate it for online shopping.
Old 1st September 2010, 17:12   #19
BHPian

Also available at Reliance Autozone. On Ebay India as well. Although I have been using it for some time now, I also feel that the fragrance is a bit strong. So looking for something moderate now. Might try California Scents as some members have suggested here.

Good information for spotting the fake though. Thanks!
Old 1st September 2010, 17:30   #20
BHPian

Thanks for the Alert.
I have been picking up either the Orange or the Lime ones from BigBazaar regularly.

Last time around I noticed the Rose one too and did not like the strong smell. It reminded me of the rose spray that is added to those huge fans placed in entrance of marraige halls.
Old 1st September 2010, 18:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thats a shocking information !! I have been faithfully buying My Shaldan for a long long time. I dont think I will change my liking anytime in the future, because it has enough variety to try one after another not to get bored.

I make sure of stumping and flattening the empty can before throwing it, same what we do with a disposable tea/coffee cup in public places. Dont these 'fake' guys use the used cans to do their business ? I think so.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2010, 21:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

@ Condor and others, where can I buy California Scents? is it available in Big Bazzar/ Food world outlets or any shop in north Bangalore? I'm sick of ambipur, they just don't last long enough.
Old 1st September 2010, 22:27   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Sachin, I had picked up California scents from Evo (Blueraven316)
Old 3rd September 2010, 17:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
HYD guys -- Where can i buy this in HYD (locations close to Madhapur if possible) and what is the price?
My Shaldan Air Freshener is available at Hyper City in Inorbit Mall. (opposite the Customer Care Counter) @ 225/- per pack.
BTW, They are original!
Old 10th September 2010, 22:01   #25
BHPian

Thanks for the heads up !

I too was skeptical about the My Shaldan since the name sounded a bit strange. Have been using Car mate which is also Japanese but made in China.

After seeing this thread picked one up last weekend from the Shell bunk on Lavelle Road, (Muscat fragrance) Quite nice & refreshing !! Since its a gel, i guess its going to last longer.

Btw, can it be fixed onto the dashboard using double sided tape ? A note on the can says it should not be exposed to heat ! Am figuring out where do i keep it ? Right now its sitting pretty under the seat
Old 11th September 2010, 15:57   #26
BHPian

@nirmaljusdoit - I place it in the cup holder by the left side of the drivers seat. It just fits in perfectly there (as if its tailor-made for that spot). Yes you're right that it shouldn't be placed on the dashboard, as the lifespan reduces due to heat & sunlight.

Ive tried all variants - Lemon, Lime Orange, Squash, Herb, Apple, Rose, Peach......But never tried Muscat. Will buy a pc this weekend now that you say its good..

Btw, try combinations. I once placed 1 Lemon + 1 Orange together under both seats. Awesome blended strong invigorating fragrance man !!
Old 14th September 2010, 13:10   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
My Shaldan Air Freshener is available at Hyper City in Inorbit Mall. (opposite the Customer Care Counter) @ 225/- per pack.
BTW, They are original!
I picked one up from Hypercity last week. I think it was for Rs 225/-.
Then over the wekeend i went to Metro and found the same for Rs 192/-.
Old 14th September 2010, 22:11   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashm99 View Post
I am a huge fan of My Shaldan Air Freshener (Made in Japan). Thankfully, its now available in India. Anyone who has used it would sware by the lovely strong natural fragrance. Simply put, its the best !

Recently, I noticed some fakes in the market and thought of contributing to Team Bhp by raising an alert and identifying how to spot the original v/s fake. The fake is almost a replica of the original from the outside, except when it is opened. The fake has a terrible stinky fragrance whereas the original is a sheer delight..

So guys be careful when you go to buy. Or better still buy from Big Bazaar, Spar, Total, Metro or Hypercity if you have a doubt...

Happy Motoring..
Thanks for this post. I was thinking about it last week, the smell gone out within few days. What I bought is definitely a fake. I will be careful hereafter.

One general question - Are these fragrant not harmful if we use over a period? I believe its a health hazard and not good to use them within closed doors for years.
Old 18th September 2010, 13:01   #29

Hi everyone,

Can you guys pls let me know which My Shaldan fragrances you use?

I just purchased a My Shaldan - Lemon fragrance from BigBazaar today. The fragrance was original. Unfortunately, I did not like it one bit :( . The smell was too fruit-y, and a little strong too. And because I purchased the Lemon fragrance, the car was reeking of lemon by the time I got home (my 10-year-old cousin actually felt nauseous) :( .

I have generally heard positive feedback on this thread so please let me know which fragrances do you guys prefer. FYI, I have always used Ambi-pur, and they have a "flower-y" line of fragrances as against the fruit-flavoured ones of My Shaldan.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:28   #30
BHPian

Checked out the My Shaldan fragrances at a Reliance Autozone, was ok, but realized I am not a big fan of Fruity smells.

Picked up a Dr. Marcus "Senso deluxe" gel-based freshner from there. The fragrance is named "Ocean", really love it , but still to install it in the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks