Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 16:14   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Hey can you post a pic of this electronic gauge? and Cost?
Here you go. Sorry for the bad quality , taken from my cellphone.
It's fairly cheap and cheerful, branded "Premier", probably Made in China, which I purchased in 2003 at a department store in Europe. I think I paid like Rs 200/-. So far have changed the battery once.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Foot operated air pump-photo0013.jpg  

Old 31st August 2010, 16:34   #17
BHPian

The foot pumps are available in all tool shops for just Rs.300/ onwards, you can find many street sellers with these pumps and if you are good in bargaining you can get it for Rs.200/-

I've bought mine 7 year back once I got a puncture on my bike tire. It really saved a couple of times especially once you get a puncture after a break. I mean the air leak will be very low and over a period only it will become flat. So if you have a pump to fil l you can reach the puncture wala shop with one shot.
Old 1st September 2010, 09:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Here another model of air pressure gauge (bought through ebay sometime back):

please see this link ( post no.259)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...fiesta-18.html

Last edited by nairrk : 1st September 2010 at 10:03.
Old 1st September 2010, 10:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nair Sir,

Regarding the electric operated pump, wanted to know how is the air pressure controlled. Is there any pressure adjusting knob available on the pump. Could not locate it in the pics posted by you.

Also how accurate in the guage on the pump, do I need to have a seperate air pressure checking device like the one you had.

Am planning to check both manual & electric pumps over the weekend.
Old 1st September 2010, 12:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Nair Sir,

Regarding the electric operated pump, wanted to know how is the air pressure controlled. Is there any pressure adjusting knob available on the pump. Could not locate it in the pics posted by you.

Also how accurate in the guage on the pump, do I need to have a seperate air pressure checking device like the one you had.

Am planning to check both manual & electric pumps over the weekend.
+
no pressure adjusting knob on the pump. the gauge of the pump is not 100pct accurate, but say 85% accurate. I do stop once the pump gauge shows close to the required pressure and then check with pressure gauge to see the air pressure is sufficient (in all 4 tyres), otherwise will pump some more air and again check the pressure.

The other airpressure gauge which has got battery as well as solar power) is accurate.
It takes about 10/15 minutes to fill the air in all the 4 tyres and I do it once in every 45 days or so.
Old 1st September 2010, 13:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
I do it once in every 45 days or so.
You mean there is no pressure loss for 45 days. Lucky man. For me its once a week and I have observed that the pressure drops by 2 psi in a week from 30 to 28 psi. every time I go fill.
Old 1st September 2010, 14:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

my driving is less. Only weekends or family functions etc.
All shopping and short distance driving,I use my two wheeler (TVS JIVE) which is more convenient for parking and turning in busy streets/roads!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks