Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2013, 19:54   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

I was planning to give this a shot. See the position I like to mount. Do you think its too low?

Also I was able to source a pic of the Jazz with bumper removed. I guess we can weld or mount onto that frame that protects the radiator.

I love to have a removable setup. But looks like no one has been successful with such a setup. Also see the removable clamp style I was thinking of. I am not great at these things. Do you think it will work and keep the lights vibration free?
Attached Thumbnails
The Hella Experience - 500 FF-3_honda_jazz_exterior.jpg  

The Hella Experience - 500 FF-jazz-bumper.jpg  

The Hella Experience - 500 FF-clamp.jpg  

The Hella Experience - 500 FF-removingbumpercore.jpg  

mail4ajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 21:46   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I was planning to give this a shot. See the position I like to mount. Do you think its too low?

Also I was able to source a pic of the Jazz with bumper removed. I guess we can weld or mount onto that frame that protects the radiator.

I love to have a removable setup. But looks like no one has been successful with such a setup. Also see the removable clamp style I was thinking of. I am not great at these things. Do you think it will work and keep the lights vibration free?
The positioning of the lights is perfect,if road is what you want to illuminate rather than taking revenge on road.
I am using Hella 500FF's since almost a year and at the first attempt of mounting i had got it all wrong as i had used a thin metal clamp,and the lamps used to vibrate a lot and used to lose focus every second day,i hardly used them during this period,and lights were just ornaments,until 2 weeks ago,when i removed the bumper for repainting,i got new clamps made with double support,which does not let the lamps move even a cm.
Here are the pictures
Attached Thumbnails
The Hella Experience - 500 FF-img_0738.jpg  

The Hella Experience - 500 FF-img_0735.jpg  

The Hella Experience - 500 FF-img_0759.jpg  

akshay4587 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 22:04   #258
Senior - BHPian

Wow, Akshay. Thats looks like its a min 6-7mm thick clamp. Do you think my removable setup will work? Also very nice positioning of the lamps.
Old 21st November 2013, 13:00   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Wow, Akshay. Thats looks like its a min 6-7mm thick clamp. Do you think my removable setup will work? Also very nice positioning of the lamps.
Yes,thick to make sure the lights do not vibrate,and if you see closely,i have added a support from below as well.There is a possibility that removable set up may not be stable.You can always remove the lamps from the clamp by removing one bolt.
Old 21st November 2013, 18:33   #260
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have an idea if these Hella 500F's are compatible with 100W bulbs?
Old 5th December 2013, 14:01   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Does anyone have an idea if these Hella 500F's are compatible with 100W bulbs?
Hi Akshay, I have seen somewhere in the forum that this has been done. However since the current will be bumped, you have to take care of the wiring ( around 82% increase in current). The blackening of the reflector is not an issue as it was suggested in this thread. Coming back to the topic.Yesterday I was in the mode for Hella shopping, and incidentally the “Hella” Sales guy was present in the dealership that I went. According to him the 55W is more than capable. However since you are already using you might just confirm if his statement is correct or not.

And now Gentlemen, I have been quoted 5000K for the 500FF kit. Clamps, labour et all would be extra. In your opinion what would be the last price I should offer.
Old 5th December 2013, 15:02   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Hi Akshay, I have seen somewhere in the forum that this has been done. However since the current will be bumped, you have to take care of the wiring ( around 82% increase in current). The blackening of the reflector is not an issue as it was suggested in this thread. Coming back to the topic.Yesterday I was in the mode for Hella shopping, and incidentally the "Hella" Sales guy was present in the dealership that I went. According to him the 55W is more than capable. However since you are already using you might just confirm if his statement is correct or not. And now Gentlemen, I have been quoted 5000K for the 500FF kit. Clamps, labour et all would be extra. In your opinion what would be the last price I should offer.
55W is good enough;but as they say more is never enough. 5K is on the higher side,a pair of hella 500FF can be purchased for 4K.
Search for show n shine on Facebook,they are authorised hella dealers for North India.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 16:32   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
55W is good enough;but as they say more is never enough. 5K is on the higher side,a pair of hella 500FF can be purchased for 4K.
Search for show n shine on Facebook,they are authorised hella dealers for North India.
Just to update, the Hella sales guy called me up ( I wasn't seriously expecting this), the price given for 700FF 4500/= ( previous stock, new price is 4900/=)and 500FF 4100/= ( Eurobeams). The Red Grills were quoted at 1195/=I need to pick it up from the distributor.Any Kolkata member interested can directly talk to him. PM me I would pass on the phone numbers.

Akshay let me know please, if the price range is ok?

And HELLA, I appreciate your professionalism!
me_sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 19:47   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Just to update, the Hella sales guy called me up ( I wasn't seriously expecting this), the price given for 700FF 4500/= ( previous stock, new price is 4900/=)and 500FF 4100/= ( Eurobeams). The Red Grills were quoted at 1195/=I need to pick it up from the distributor.Any Kolkata member interested can directly talk to him. PM me I would pass on the phone numbers. Akshay let me know please, if the price range is ok? And HELLA, I appreciate your professionalism!
Yes the price is perfect for 500FF
I picked them for 4K in December 2012.
Old 16th January 2014, 16:06   #265
BHPian

For those who followed this thread from the beginning, knows my efforts in getting a 500FF, and the bitter experience with the distributor at GP road, Chennai. After this TBHP post, Mr.Johnson from Hella got in touch with me and helped me out to buy a pair. I also expressed my dissatisfaction about the non-availability of genuine parts with the sellers and proper outlets to buy Hella products. He informed that those things will be taken care of.

And here today I received a call and one mail from him. As per the conversation, Hella now has two online sales outlets now. One is their own shop4hella, and another is their authorized Shopclues outlet. Additionally, they have updated the distributor / dealer list for whole india in their website now.

Distributor / Dealer List :
http://www.hella.com/hella-in/670.html?rdeLocale=en

Their online presence:
http://www.shop4hella.com
http://www.shopclues.com/!/rrpp-hella-authorized-store

Last edited by rajeshsundaram : 16th January 2014 at 16:10. Reason: Corrected the website name
rajeshsundaram is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 11:46   #266
BHPian

I'am looking for Hella Aux lamp for my Figo. I would like to know feedback from you guys about 500 and 550 series (550 comes with fog, driving and amber options) Any performance difference between the two except shape?

I'am thinking of 550 driving lamp, since it doesn't look loud and can fix it below the front number plate section in Figo.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hella Experience - 500 FF-20131110_131723550.jpg  

DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 20:43   #267
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,
Last week I drove to Kerala over night and was having difficulty in seeing the road 30-50 meter ahead of me in the glare of the oncoming traffic's high beams. I tried to adjust the beam with the levelling switch, but it really didn't work out. So I thought of fitting an additional light. Here are my requirements

1. Should light up the car 25-50 meter ahead range.
2. Budget is 5K all inclusive
3. If possible, I prefer removable lights (and install it just before my long drive)
4. No drills/should be able to attach to already existing mounting points of my Ritz.
5. LED or halogen - doesn't have any preferences.

Please help me with options I can use. Thank you
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 18:18   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Hello everyone,
Last week I drove to Kerala over night and was having difficulty in seeing the road 30-50 meter ahead of me in the glare of the oncoming traffic's high beams. I tried to adjust the beam with the levelling switch, but it really didn't work out. So I thought of fitting an additional light. Here are my requirements

1. Should light up the car 25-50 meter ahead range.
2. Budget is 5K all inclusive
3. If possible, I prefer removable lights (and install it just before my long drive)
4. No drills/should be able to attach to already existing mounting points of my Ritz.
5. LED or halogen - doesn't have any preferences.

Please help me with options I can use. Thank you
Try the Phillips extreme vision on your primary head lights first. This one is MGA approve is is simply lift and shift. No wiring sliced, no holder replacement nothing. A little expensive at 1100 INR a pair but results are satisfactory considering that your warranty would not be void. tested it on a recent road trip, all of 1400kms, mostly drove through the night, no complaints.I took this route only because i have some more of warranty left. Post which, Aux lamps seem like the way ahead.
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 19:26   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Try the Phillips extreme vision on your primary head lights first.
Sorry I should have mentioned earlier; I am using Extreme vision bulbs for the last 1 year; but it really don't help much to illuminate the 20-40 meter in front if thr car when you are on high beam on a 2 lane highway with so many 100/130w highbeam morons coming from opposite side.

Banged some large potholes because it wasn't illuminated in my last trip.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 08:40   #270
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I recently added Hella 500FF in my Ford EcoSport as I felt the stock head lamps aren't sufficient for Highways. Total cost including labor is 5300/-. I'm yet to test them on highways. I just tested them on ring roads though and felt its impressive.
Few clicks for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hella Experience - 500 FF-20140315_160026.jpg  

The Hella Experience - 500 FF-20140315_160034.jpg  

pkk_84 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed