Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2012, 20:47   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
The Hella 500FF can be had for 3.6K if you bargain well. With Plastic cover.

--R
Where can I get this quote? In JC road ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
...I have got the Hella Grills and Bari locking nuts already which I ordered in US and got them shipped to India by my sister....
Nice you have the Barri Nuts too! I had my Rallye 1000 lights stolen in 3 days! Was quite sad as I really loved the looks on the Swift & its illumination. I even got the Volvos to dim their lights with those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
....I have the installed pictures and the complete Bill with me at home, will share that in the evening...
Waiting for the pics!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 00:57   #212
BHPian

Sorry for the delay guys, have attached some pictures.

The 2nd Pic, with the bumper removed, shows two horizontal rods upfront. I got the Hellas installed onto that by using 2 U-Joints attached together with a flat metal piece which came out through the bumper, and a hole on it to screw the Hellas. I had heard stories of the lights wobbling at speeds due to the flimsy bumper material, so didn't want to attach the lights by directly drilling onto the bumper. Hence all this trouble.

I found the bill, but it's handwritten and pretty much un-understandable, but lemme try to decipher some of it

1) Hella Fogs pair( including bulbs, mounting brackets and bolts) - 3500/-
2) Cutout Relay - 400/-
3) 3 different gauge wires - total 700 bucks
4) All nuts and bolts - around 180 bucks
5) Tie clips - 50 /-
6) Switch and the rest misc stuff - around 170 bucks
7) Labour - 600/- ( because I made them remove the bumper and all )

The total comes out to around 5500 bucks, which is the total I had paid, which is pretty much the same that you have been quoted actually

I guess unless you hear from anyone who has got the whole kit installed for less than 5 grand, you're being given a fair cost.

Edit - Forgot to add, Sorry for the bad quality pictures, all taken from an HTC.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hella Experience - 500 FF-wp_000071-2.jpg  

The Hella Experience - 500 FF-wp_000132-2.jpg  

The Hella Experience - 500 FF-wp_000029-2.jpg  

The Hella Experience - 500 FF-wp_000088-2.jpg  

Last edited by SuperBee : 5th September 2012 at 01:03.
SuperBee is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 10:10   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Nice you have the Barri Nuts too! I had my Rallye 1000 lights stolen in 3 days! Was quite sad as I really loved the looks on the Swift & its illumination. I even got the Volvos to dim their lights with those!
Yes, after my aerial got stolen, I would not dare leave the fog lights without any protection. Also the sensitivity of the motion sensor has been pumped up to maximum. So even one shake to the car and mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Sorry for the delay guys, have attached some pictures.

The 2nd Pic, with the bumper removed, shows two horizontal rods upfront. I got the Hellas installed onto that by using 2 U-Joints attached together with a flat metal piece which came out through the bumper, and a hole on it to screw the Hellas. I had heard stories of the lights wobbling at speeds due to the flimsy bumper material, so didn't want to attach the lights by directly drilling onto the bumper. Hence all this trouble.

I found the bill, but it's handwritten and pretty much un-understandable, but lemme try to decipher some of it

1) Hella Fogs pair( including bulbs, mounting brackets and bolts) - 3500/-
2) Cutout Relay - 400/-
3) 3 different gauge wires - total 700 bucks
4) All nuts and bolts - around 180 bucks
5) Tie clips - 50 /-
6) Switch and the rest misc stuff - around 170 bucks
7) Labour - 600/- ( because I made them remove the bumper and all )

The total comes out to around 5500 bucks, which is the total I had paid, which is pretty much the same that you have been quoted actually

I guess unless you hear from anyone who has got the whole kit installed for less than 5 grand, you're being given a fair cost.

Edit - Forgot to add, Sorry for the bad quality pictures, all taken from an HTC.

Thanks superbee, pics and the car look excellent.

Let me attach a pic of my car too where exactly I want the fog lamps to be placed. I hope this is possible.

The Hella Experience - 500 FF-swiftteam.jpg
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 10:23   #214
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Where can I get this quote? In JC road ?
Opposite side of J.C road junction, the road that goes towards the movie theater on lalbaugh road, there is a big shop at a turning within about 50 meters. I forget the name.

I pulled off the right bargain by showing I had knowledge of its real MRP. If you go in arrogantly demanding the right price you wont be offered it. Things just clicked for me that day. Mention something about reliance shop offering it at around that price etc and see ...

--R
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 13:33   #215
BHPian

I got quote of 7.5k (bangalore) for 700FF include Clamp/welding/wiring is this a good price?

PS:- web says 6k for 700 FF http://www.shop4hella.com/listProduc...rd=Rallye700FF
Tushargohil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 11:17   #216
Senior - BHPian

Re: Try Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
I bought Hella 500 Black Magic lamps recently from Amazon.
No offense, the only good thing with this model is its looks. The 500FF simply beats the pants off the black magic when it comes to light throw and brightness. We tested the 500FF with the 500 Black Magic, the 500FF was definitely brighter. I was looking for a 2nd set of auxiliary lights and had a chance to test them both side by side.

The black magic retails at 7k odd here in India, isn't simply worth the money. Get yourself the 500FF and enjoy the light throw.
Old 5th October 2012, 13:56   #217
BHPian

Love My Black Magic 500s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
No offense,
None taken

I did see the 500FF too. But knowing myself, even if the light throw is better, I would have regretted not buying the Black Magic when I had a chance :P.

I pretty much fell in love with the blacks. And I also bought the grills, and, aesthetically, am very happy with the result.

But thank you for the comment. It is good to know that 500FFs have a better throw. I have only compared the reviews online, and the general perception I got was that performance wise they are pretty much similar.

I am quite satisfied on the performance front, and I smile everytime I see the black magic! So paisa vasool (got my money's worth), I guess.

Cheers and drive safe.
Sam
Old 5th October 2012, 16:38   #218
Senior - BHPian

Can we have some pics of the install. I have been in love with the black magics for some time now. The issue is i need to get time to go for the install while the money is with me. At most times the two of them dont come together :(

Hope to see a pic soon
Old 4th November 2012, 11:25   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the Hella 500FF's installed on my Ikon on Friday:

The Hella Experience - 500 FF-hellacloserview.jpg

More details here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2952047
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 14:44   #220
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I got myself a pair of hella rallye 500FF lamps and thought of updating this old thread for the benefit of forum members. I got the 500FF lamp set which includes two lamps, wiring kit, relay, switch and clamps all inclusive for INR 3842 from Reliance Autozone, shanthinagar, Bangalore. I had checked its price at lot of other places including A.K. Traders (who is suppose to be authorized dealer for Hella in bangalore), car magik, other reliance auto zones. The thing about these lamps is each one quoted different price. I was quoted 6K by other reliance autozone outlets, 5.4K by magik carz and A.K. traders. Finally got it at 3842 from the above said shop. So, if anyone is looking at buying hella auxiliary lamps, please check at as many shops as you can as the pricing is highly inconsistent.

Thanks,
-Nidhi
Srinidhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 13:04   #221
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinidhi View Post
Hello Friends,

I got myself a pair of hella rallye 500FF lamps
...Finally got it at 3842 from the above said shop. So, if anyone is looking at buying hella auxiliary lamps, please check at as many shops as you can as the pricing is highly inconsistent.

Thanks,
-Nidhi
I got them for between 3600 to 3750/- cant recall exactly. But your price is at least better than the 4K people have been regularly paying.

--R
Old 25th March 2013, 13:31   #222
Senior - BHPian

I got Hella 500FF for my Linea in December 2012
Paid 4K for the Pair,and have made full use of them since december.
I have now 8 55W bulbs lighting up the dark highways,who needs HID's and projectors.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hella Experience - 500 FF-378808_303561559744312_1873784830_n.jpg  

The Hella Experience - 500 FF-64236_321664207934047_551295380_n.jpg  

akshay4587 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 14:38   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I got them for between 3600 to 3750/- cant recall exactly. But your price is at least better than the 4K people have been regularly paying.

--R

No one in Bangalore is selling them for 4K. Atleast not the shops which I checked as the MRP on the box is 5495. Max they are doing is giving 10% discount on the printed MRP. Talk about cheating customers. BTW, I have written to Hella India about it. Yet to hear from them.
Srinidhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 15:28   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I got Hella 500FF for my Linea in December 2012
Paid 4K for the Pair,and have made full use of them since december.
I have now 8 55W bulbs lighting up the dark highways,who needs HID's and projectors.
LINEA looks smashing in that snow with the Hella's switched on.

Have you connected the hellas to a seperate switch that can be operated independently of other controls?
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 15:51   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
LINEA looks smashing in that snow with the Hella's switched on.

Have you connected the hellas to a seperate switch that can be operated independently of other controls?

Yes,i have a separate switch for the Hella's with independent wiring,and switch resides inside the glove box for a uncluttered look.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks