Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2012, 20:40   #196
BHPian

Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Hello,

Planning to pick up the 700ff for my Figo. Got a price of 6k which was mentioned on the box at an accessory shop. He stated that it is includes only the lamps and not wires and relay which I knew was a rip off.

Any information on the latest pricing of the 500ff and 700ff would be appreciated.

Thanks
500FF and 700FF are priced at 5000/- and 6000/- respectively as per

Shop4Hella.com - AUXILLIARY LIGHTS
Old 18th July 2012, 22:18   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENnist View Post
500FF and 700FF are priced at 5000/- and 6000/- respectively as per

Shop4Hella.com - AUXILLIARY LIGHTS
Thanks for the link.
I did check the same and got the same prices and the same were on the box were I checked.

There are discounts on the sticker prices offered at different shops as well, so I can go for the best price.
Old 10th August 2012, 14:21   #198
BHPian

does this deal look good for 9k?
HELLA 5750941 500FF Series 12V/55W Halogen Driving Lamp Kit (Fun Cubed) | eBay

the link say the kit contains
-two 500FF Series halogen driving lamps,
-two white protective stone shields with HELLA logo,
-two H3 12V/55W bulbs,
-1 complete plug and play wiring harness,
-1 illuminated switch,
-1 relay.
Old 10th August 2012, 14:32   #199
BHPian

Try Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
does this deal look good for 9k?
Hi.

I would recommend buying from Amazon.
For one reason. cart2indiaonline & Booyahchicago are essentially going to ship this product through amazon for you. Their charge goes up with absolutely NIL value addition.

Check this: Amazon.com: HELLA 5750941 500FF Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Halogen Driving Lamp Kit (Fun Cubed): Automotive

This is the same product, with same description and headings, word by word.

I bought Hella 500 Black Magic lamps recently from Amazon.
I also bought Hella Grills for the same lamps from ebay.in (seller Booyah chicago).
I placed order for the grills first, and the lamps 2 days later.
The lamps were delivered in 9 days flat, and the grilles took about 15 days or 20 days, and the grills were cheaper on Amazon!

Disclaimer: I do not work for Amazon, and have no commercial interest. This is just my observation as a buyer.

Cheers!
Sam

EDIT: And the grilles bought from Ebay came in AMAZON packing!!

P.S. Please try junglee.com (run by amazon.com)

Last edited by samarth.bhatia : 10th August 2012 at 14:33.
samarth.bhatia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 04:23   #200
BHPian

Guys, share your thoughts on this

1. Irrespective of HID/halogen, Are hella 4000 series the most powerful of the lot ? If not which ones ? ( within 20k)

2. Beam pattern. Driving lights correspond to Euro beam and Pencil beam.
Euro beam spread wider ( not as much as fog) illuminating the desired part of the road ahead but to a shorter distance where as pencil beam offers a long , narrow and focused throw. So unless you have a few pairs of pencil beams at specific locations, it would not be possible to lit up the desired area of the road. Also, extremely straight beams are useless if road curves up ( our highways do).

But this link confuses me http://www.rallylights.com/Hella_Rallye_4000.aspx

It says "The useful range of the Pencil is about 5000 Ft. and the useful range of the Euro-beam is 2500 Ft" Is he referring to two situations comparing each ones where they are suitable ? otherwise it should be opposite. Euro beams are more useful.

Another thought just crossed me. We use these lights in conjunction with our headlamps. So, does a pencil beam makes more sense to you since headlamps spread up enough area and a long throw can make an obstacle visible earlier? I've experienced these morons in autos, old mopeds, tractors and even earth movers who surprise me right after that bus or truck with beam surpasses me from opposite direction.

3. Lightforce - Products
what do you think of this mount bar ? I do not like to cover up front with a nudge guard. Have you come across a better way to mount these with a bar to prevent shocks.

Edit : just found a video showing a demo

Last edited by blackbeast : 21st August 2012 at 04:29.
blackbeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 07:27   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

@Blackbeast, you are correct when you say that we use these two in conjunction. The stock /OE lamps already provide a sufficiently broad beam. So the lighting from the aux lights must complement the lighting from the stock lamps.

If the Euro beam provides lighting upto 2500 ft - which is close to 750 meters, it should be a better match than the pencil beam. IMO, if one can get lighting upto 500m , it should be sufficient. I dont think our eyesight is that good to see what is up the road, half a km away from us. I would prefer the slightly broader Euro beam lighting up for 500-750 m than a pencil beam lighting up the next 1.5km, most of which I would not be able to see !
Old 3rd September 2012, 11:54   #202
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I need to buy Hella 500ff before my trip to Ladakh Leh on the 14th, any place in Mumbai I can get it for cheap? The main dealer is quoting 5 grand which I think is preposterous considering people have got it for 3800 and 4000 here.

Urgent !
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:53   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Try Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
....I bought Hella 500 Black Magic lamps recently from Amazon...

The lamps were delivered in 9 days flat, and the grilles took about 15 days or 20 days, and the grills were cheaper on Amazon!....
Thanks for the links. 4 questions from me.

1. Did you buy from Amazon US?
2. What was the shipping cost?
3. Did you have any problems with customs in India?
4. Is it easy for us to ship anything from Amazon US site [provided the seller is ready to ship]?
Old 3rd September 2012, 14:59   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
High !!
500FF is available in the local market for about 4k. The only thing extra in this list is the stone sheilds, which should be worth more than the lamp kits itself.
Old 3rd September 2012, 15:42   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Guys,

I need to buy Hella 500ff before my trip to Ladakh Leh on the 14th, any place in Mumbai I can get it for cheap? The main dealer is quoting 5 grand which I think is preposterous considering people have got it for 3800 and 4000 here.

Urgent !
Hi humyum,

I recently bought Comet 500 for 3500 a pair, that is without the wiring harness and the relay. The wiring + relay + installation cost somewhere around 1500/-.

If you live in the suburbs you can check this one lane in Mulund which is full of automotive spare parts shop ( the same lane has Tyrex and Motorsounds as well ). Apart from that I presume you'll get the Hella's in Milan Subway or Opera House easily.

OT - I had installed them on my Swift for my trip to Ladakh, which sadly got cancelled. However, a friend just finished the trip in his Indigo, and he said he did not feel at any time that lighting on the road was inadequate. Also most of the driving in almost all the ladakh trips being done is in daylight only.
SuperBee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 20:54   #206
BANNED

Quote:
Guys,

Urgent !
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
High !!
500FF is available in the local market for about 4k. The only thing extra in this list is the stone sheilds, which should be worth more than the lamp kits itself.

The Hella 500FF can be had for 3.6K if you bargain well. With Plastic cover.

--R
Ragul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 01:52   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Hi humyum,

I recently bought Comet 500 for 3500 a pair, that is without the wiring harness and the relay. The wiring + relay + installation cost somewhere around 1500/-.

If you live in the suburbs you can check this one lane in Mulund which is full of automotive spare parts shop ( the same lane has Tyrex and Motorsounds as well ). Apart from that I presume you'll get the Hella's in Milan Subway or Opera House easily.

OT - I had installed them on my Swift for my trip to Ladakh, which sadly got cancelled. However, a friend just finished the trip in his Indigo, and he said he did not feel at any time that lighting on the road was inadequate. Also most of the driving in almost all the ladakh trips being done is in daylight only.
thanks a ton superbee, will check it out. I find the headlights on the Swift grossly under illuminating on the highway. Will be travelling to bangalore and around india after the Ladakh trip, so I thought this would be a welcome addition. I have got the Hella Grills and Bari locking nuts already which I ordered in US and got them shipped to India by my sister. Also, many a places during the Ladakh trip, we plan to travel in the night, for example Mumbai to Delhi, the first day, we plan to leave at 1 am in the night, similarly, while coming back, we ll leave in the night for being able to cover faster and more distances within a day

PS: I was quoted a price of 5 grand with the wiring relay and all that, does it fine ? as you quoted, they cost 1500 bucks along with the 3500 for the lights right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
The Hella 500FF can be had for 3.6K if you bargain well. With Plastic cover.

--R
Thanks Ragul
Old 4th September 2012, 14:31   #208
BHPian

Re: Try Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thanks for the links. 4 questions from me.

1. Did you buy from Amazon US?

Yes.

2. What was the shipping cost?

Shipping + Customs was about $60 - $70 IIRC.

3. Did you have any problems with customs in India?

None whatsoever. Frankly, I got the material within 9 days of placing the order.

4. Is it easy for us to ship anything from Amazon US site [provided the seller is ready to ship]?

In my experience, yes. Visit www.junglee.com. This is the Indian site managed by Amazon. It lists the products that are all available in Amazon but specifically from Sellers willing to ship to India.
Even when you select an item and try paying on junglee.com, you are redirected to the Amazon US site only. There you can find a list of sellers willing to ship that particular item to India.
Try using Amazon.com directly to make use of stuff they have on Discounted prices.
The Hellas I bought had around 35% discount on them. I got them cheaper there than anywhere else online.

Cheers.
Sam
samarth.bhatia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 15:13   #209
BHPian

Quote:
thanks a ton superbee, will check it out. I find the headlights on the Swift grossly under illuminating on the highway. Will be travelling to bangalore and around india after the Ladakh trip, so I thought this would be a welcome addition. I have got the Hella Grills and Bari locking nuts already which I ordered in US and got them shipped to India by my sister. Also, many a places during the Ladakh trip, we plan to travel in the night, for example Mumbai to Delhi, the first day, we plan to leave at 1 am in the night, similarly, while coming back, we ll leave in the night for being able to cover faster and more distances within a day

PS: I was quoted a price of 5 grand with the wiring relay and all that, does it fine ? as you quoted, they cost 1500 bucks along with the 3500 for the lights right?
Hi humyum,

The relay and wiring harness the guy used were not Original Hella, but all the components he used were heavy duty stuff, so that might have cost a bit more than the hella stuff. The installation was also different than the usual, got them to install it on some part of the chassis with brackets, and not directly by drilling holes on the bumper.

I have the installed pictures and the complete Bill with me at home, will share that in the evening. I think if they cover installation also in the 5 grand then you should go ahead with it, but stay along with your car and oversee the whole installation, make sure that the wiring is done professionally.

BTW, the Hellas I bought were not Rallye 500ff ,they were Comet 500. Not really sure how they are different but these Comets were pretty good in piercing through dense fog on a recent trip to Bhimashankar.
SuperBee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 15:34   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Hi humyum,

The relay and wiring harness the guy used were not Original Hella, but all the components he used were heavy duty stuff, so that might have cost a bit more than the hella stuff. The installation was also different than the usual, got them to install it on some part of the chassis with brackets, and not directly by drilling holes on the bumper.

I have the installed pictures and the complete Bill with me at home, will share that in the evening. I think if they cover installation also in the 5 grand then you should go ahead with it, but stay along with your car and oversee the whole installation, make sure that the wiring is done professionally.

BTW, the Hellas I bought were not Rallye 500ff ,they were Comet 500. Not really sure how they are different but these Comets were pretty good in piercing through dense fog on a recent trip to Bhimashankar.
Thanks a ton, Yes please share the installation pics and the price details. Would be of great help. I think the difference between Comet 500 and 500ff is that 500ff is clear lens one. Correct me, if wrong. I want the 500 ff driving lights, they come in one more version of fog lights.

I don't think the 5 grand covers installation, they just cover the part cost including the relays and all that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks