Old 22nd April 2010, 10:54   #16
BHPian

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
Hey R.I.P,
first things first. RESPECT man. [for the monster drive]
I love long drives too.

I'm running Pedders Sports Ryder suspension + 205/50R15 Yokohama S.Drives on my OHC 1.3.

I love the handling of my car. [can't comment on other setups as i don't have any first hand experience or knowledge on them.]

I'd suggest since you stay in Shimla, you should get a full set of bolt on coilovers as the chances of getting a faulty piece will be less.

As for the engine swapping, I'd suggest again go for the least complicated solution [basically an NA engine that provides the power you want with minimal mods] as again the support in Shimla probably isn't too good. [This again is conjecture].

I've not got any mods apart from the aforementioned suspension upgrades, an FFE & an air filter. I'm comfortable driving at 100 - 120, I love the mileage i get & funding is a problem.

PS: I'd rather have an all round well balanced car than one setup for pure straight line speed.

One more thing I was reading somewhere that the Realtime 4WD of the old Civic EF will be bolt on for the OHC as they are based on the same frame. That would be cool, especially if you are upgrading the engine.

Hey thanks man. it was my first long trip and somehow i have developed a craving for it. Just cant wait for the next one.

I still have my 14" OEM rims which i am not planning to change(terrain issues) and 195/60/R14 is the best upsize i have come across. Infact these tyres were also undercutting the body and the root cause was discovered yesterday. The wheel alignment was terribly off and has been fixed for now.

I am presently not looking for an engine swap. with 1,00,000 on the odo, i still believe there is enough life left in her. i could'nt agree with you more on the fact about having a well balanced car. i mean, what can you do with a top speed of 180-190Kmph or more when the next turn is only 100-200 meters away. i would rather have a car that does turns at higher speeds with more confidence than a car that just knows how to blaze away in a straight line.

anyways for me the real fun is in taking corners aggressively.

Keep the faith
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P View Post
Hey thanks man. it was my first long trip and somehow i have developed a craving for it. Just cant wait for the next one.

I still have my 14" OEM rims which i am not planning to change(terrain issues) and 195/60/R14 is the best upsize i have come across. Infact these tyres were also undercutting the body and the root cause was discovered yesterday. The wheel alignment was terribly off and has been fixed for now.

I am presently not looking for an engine swap. with 1,00,000 on the odo, i still believe there is enough life left in her. i could'nt agree with you more on the fact about having a well balanced car. i mean, what can you do with a top speed of 180-190Kmph or more when the next turn is only 100-200 meters away. i would rather have a car that does turns at higher speeds with more confidence than a car that just knows how to blaze away in a straight line.

anyways for me the real fun is in taking corners aggressively.

Keep the faith
agree completely man...

besides my car tops off at 185... that too is uncomfortably fast for me.

taking turns fast is more fun than driving in a straight line even faster. For me at least
Old 27th April 2010, 17:45   #18
BHPian

underbody issues

Due to some personal commitments, i had to take my car to my village(pics will be added soon) where the roads were supposidly very bad. the OHC had already crossed 1,00,000 and was due for service(which can be only done in chandigarh). hence i had to take it to the local garage for a quick check.

observation 1: wheel alignment was terribly off and the root cause was that the previous alignment had left one of the nuts loose leading to the tyre undercutting the body when fully turned to the right.

The issue was fixed with a basic check/adjustment using a string of thread. wish i knew this before.

Observation 2: the exhaust muffler had cracked from the joint and needed welding. Once the car was raised i took notice of rusting in the underbody, especially under the driver seat. The rust has been temorarily fixed for now with some welding.

Things added to my list now:
complete body/chassis checkup and repair. i am thinking of cutting the rusted part out and welding a new piece of steel in its place.

Guys from banaglore especially, need help on this.
Old 28th April 2010, 12:18   #19
BHPian

What do you need help with? It would be great if you can list out the points. In that way, it would be easier for us to recommend!

Cheers
Shrey
Old 29th April 2010, 00:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
What do you need help with? It would be great if you can list out the points. In that way, it would be easier for us to recommend!

Cheers
Shrey
1. complete body check/repair. adding strength to the body if necessary
2. suspension setup to give more stability
3. rear suspension checkup & change if necessary
4. weight loss in all possible areas
5. increase in power

in that order.
Old 6th May 2010, 16:54   #21
BHPian

1,00,000 service done

Last weekend i went to my "trusted" Honda service center (Harmony) in chandigarh. i had previously informed the service agent and even gone to them a week before to order parts since noone keeps spares in stock.

to my surprise the Honda *** refused to take my car. they only agreed to take it if i agree to take delivery the next day. since i had a working day the next day i simply drove out and went to Prestige Honda. not only were the guys there more courteous, they even agree to take my car at 11AM with a caution that the car will be ready only by evening.

The only thing that was changed was the timimg belt. totla bill ~4.5K.

I had a very bad impression about Prestige honda which has finally been shattered with the help of Harmony honda.

Cant wait for 21'st May......Bangalore here i come
Old 7th May 2010, 14:10   #22
BHPian

Photos of trip to my village

Well guys, i have managed to get some time to upload the pics.
here are a few:

The odo reading/shimla pics just before leaving shimla
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_1925.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_1982.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_1984.jpg

well we left shimla at around 2030Hrs with a 100-odd KM trip in front of us. reached home at about 0100Hrs. Some of the pics taken the next day:
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_1993.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2003.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2008.jpg

Bus on the old roads
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2010.jpg

Notice the puddle on my OHC's side
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2011.jpg

and the after effects:
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2012.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2027.jpg

Some random flics:
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2013.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2030.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2045.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2047.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2049.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2056.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2068.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2069.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2073.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2074.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2077.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2086.jpg
OHC VTEC nearing 1,00,000 KMS-Next level of Modifications planned-dsc_2088.jpg
Old 19th May 2010, 08:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

is a P28 ecu direct fit for OHC?
Old 19th May 2010, 13:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

No. You need a wiring harness converter since the OHC is OBD2B and the P28 is OBD1. Apart from that, you need a 2 wire IACV in place of the OHC's OBD2B 3wire IACV. To finish it all off, the wiring for the IACV has to be spliced and reconfigured since the sockets are different and the wiring order is different. Its easy once you have all the equipment though.
Old 16th June 2010, 02:45   #25
BHPian

Shift in focus

Well guys,
the roadtrip to bangalore and back is over. The change is pretty obvious once you drive on familiar roads and "i'm loving it"

However, i am sorry to say that i have bumped "the old lady" from one too many places and the old lady needs a complete bodywork.

Henceforth, i have a new set of to do's:
1. Complete bodywork including underside treatment and custom front/back/side body panels
2. Custom paintwork with some subtle graphics(i have some ideas)
3. interior refurbishing (ICE excluded)
4. ICE only if above three are done and i still have money(which i doubt)

a few pointers needed:
1. who can i approach for the body/paintwork in and around shimla/chandigarh/NCR
2. is sunroof an advisable fitment for my vehicle?
3. Good outlets offering quality interior work

R.I.P

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks