Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2023, 15:15   #526
BHPian

Re: Paint Protection Film (PPF)

Wanted to know if anyone has recently got the PPF done in Noida as there are a bunch of detailers but I am getting mixed reviews for all of them.

TIA.
Old 16th March 2023, 22:05   #527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeast View Post
Awesome !! Thanks. Looking forward to his completing the job on mine.
Just got some pictures from Amol (Optimum Detailerz ). Pictures look pretty crazy. Went for a 5 year Stek PPF and sunflim on my X3. Picking up my car tomorrow. Will share pictures and review once I lay my hands on the black beauty. A big thanks to Team bhp fellow members to help me find a detailer I could trust my car with.
Bluebeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 16:32   #528
BHPian

The Mercedes dealership here in Coimbatore recommends Madico PPF and their clear pleax for the windshield. Does any one have any experience with this brand.
Old 20th March 2023, 01:38   #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeast View Post
Just got some pictures from Amol (Optimum Detailerz ). Pictures look pretty crazy. Went for a 5 year Stek PPF and sunflim on my X3. Picking up my car tomorrow. Will share pictures and review once I lay my hands on the black beauty. A big thanks to Team bhp fellow members to help me find a detailer I could trust my car with.
Got my black beauty on the weekend and oh my did she look gorgeous ! The ppf was very well put and the sunflim looked better than I expected it too. I was apprehensive but went ahead with Amol's recommendation and it turned out very well. Vision so far is good, even during night driving. Hardly feel like there is a sunflim. I am due for an inspection and foam wash in 7 days time. I have still not been given the bill. It was 1.62k for PPF and 26k for sunflim including the sunroof from inside. In all it took 7 days. I was also given a eco coat trim on my plastics trims. I dropped by on one of the days when they had started the PPF. Throughout the 7 days I was in loop as to what is happening. There is a minor bubble in the roof that will be addressed during inspection next week. Amol tells it needs a relief cut. Rest is all great!. Sharing a few pictures. Paint Protection Film (PPF)-20230316_181730_original.jpeg

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-20230316_182403_original.jpeg

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-20230316_183009_original.jpeg
Bluebeast is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 16:51   #530
BHPian

Thanks a lot to all the posters for sharing their valuable experiences.
Does anyone have experience with Flexishield, which is being pushed by a dealer I am talking to?
Old 20th March 2023, 19:39   #531
Distinguished - BHPian

So I am about to get delivery of my Hector in Starry black. I am running a satin red wrap on my current Vento and honestly extremely happy in the way it stood the test of the time and still shines and is extremely easy to maintain. Now Satin red was chosen at that time to change the color of my 4 year old car and give it a new lease of life, but Black is one of my favorite colors and I don't think I will change the color of this car.

This brings me to the point that should I spend around 1.5 lac rupees on matt black PPF today or drive around in current gloss black color taking care of the paint as well as I can and then getting it detailed once in 6 months. Then 2 years later get it wrapped in Matt black, that way I will have a fresh looking color and paint will be protected from there on. I am honestly more inclined to go with option 2 as reading through this thread one thing is clear that PPF will need quite a bit of maintenace while the wrap was almost 0 maintenance and doing the same job of protecting the paint as well. I will definitely be getting it completely dechromed in first 3-4 months.

What would the bhpian's suggest?

For the records this is how my Vento looks after 7+ years, out of which it spent 3 years wrapped. I honestly have nothing to complain, except the glossy wrap on sunroof which might need some rework, though I am selling the car so won't get it done.

This is how it looked after few days of getting it wrapped.

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img_20200320_142935-1-1.jpg

This is how it looks after almost 3 years.

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-img5983.jpg

Last edited by AtheK : 20th March 2023 at 20:07.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 22:26   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
This brings me to the point that should I spend around 1.5 lac rupees on matt black PPF today or drive around in current gloss black color taking care of the paint as well as I can and then getting it detailed once in 6 months.
A pressure washer - if you already have one , that will do. Else get one, use it once a week or as per your usage when it gets too dusty. A quick detailer / Proklear as a rinse aid. Never use any of them fancy dusters.

Thats it, there I saved you a lot of money.

You could wax it twice a year if you are upto it or have it done outside as well for some extra shine.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 22:29   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
A pressure washer - if you already have one , that will do. Else get one, use it once a week or as per your usage when it gets too dusty. A quick detailer / Proklear as a rinse aid. Never use any of them fancy dusters.

Thats it, there I saved you a lot of money.

You could wax it twice a year if you are upto it or have it done outside as well for some extra shine.
Thanks buddy, the car anyway gets cleaned on regular basis with Proklear by my apartment car cleaner, so that should take care of it. Swirl marks probably is something too tough to avoid with black paint, so was planning to get it detailed once in 6 months.

But ya thanks guess will avoid PPF, though it is stronger then a Wrap, Wrap should serve well at half the cost couple of years down the lane.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 15:07   #534

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
But ya thanks guess will avoid PPF, though it is stronger then a Wrap, Wrap should serve well at half the cost couple of years down the lane.
I also have a car with full body ppf. Has using proklear affected your ppf in any negative way ? I'm very worried about possibly damaging the ppf.
Old 29th March 2023, 09:54   #535

Got our Tata Safari done in late 2021 with the PPF treatment from Galaxy Car Care after all the TeamBHP recommendations. It was a smooth process and the owner (Dapneet) and all the staff have been really professional and helpful everytime we've been there. The PPF has been holding up well and they've replaced the sections that got damaged due to the usual "Delhi Traffic" wear and tear without any hassle.

Highly recommended.

Paint Protection Film (PPF)-20220413_123556.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th March 2023 at 10:30. Reason: Fixing broken image.
Old 1st April 2023, 15:06   #536

Help!!! Friends and Experts.
Getting the New Hector in 2 weeks time. I would like to protect it against swirl marks courtesy the car cleaners we have. I do not have an exuberant budget and wud like to keep it at or around 50K. I know, it's going to be difficult to find good ppf at this budget.
Hence given the budget constraints and hassel with ppf wud like to try out some new technology.
Have identified the following 2...
1. Nano car sheild by P3C
2. Diamond Hard coating
3. Nothing at all

Wanted to know if any of you here has got this done and the results for the same.

Forgot to mention I'm from NCR.

Thank you in advance
Old 9th April 2023, 21:04   #537

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysdome View Post
Help!!! Friends and Experts.
Getting the New Hector in 2 weeks time. I would like to protect it against swirl marks courtesy the car cleaners we have. I do not have an exuberant budget and wud like to keep it at or around 50K. I know, it's going to be difficult to find good ppf at this budget.
Hence given the budget constraints and hassel with ppf wud like to try out some new technology.
Have identified the following 2...
2. Diamond Hard coating
3. Nothing at all

Wanted to know if any of you here has got this done and the results for the same.

Forgot to mention I'm from NCR.

Thank you in advance
Please help team....
Old 11th April 2023, 18:28   #538

Hello Bala,

How much did you pay for the Harrier PPF and which one had you taken up, STEK
DYNOShield or STEK ShieldEffect ?
Old 13th April 2023, 19:26   #539

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Thanks for the reply.

Now I have dilemma question.

Should I go for PPF or not for TAT Harrier? I got quotes from a guy quite expensive starting from 1.20 Lakhs till 2lakhs for self healing PPF 5, 10 years warranty, etc. I am not sure if spending so much amount is worth it.

The PPF from what i understand won't protect from big scrapping scenarios , only minor scratches will be handled. Since I live in Mumbai and looking at the road & traffic sense of the people (especially auto drivers - no offense) who just scrap and go (my real personal experience which i faced while just stationery at a Traffic signal). SO I wanted some opinions from all from what I think.

My Thinking

1) Don't do PPF now, wait for 3-4 years and then do it.
2) I don't have a shaded parking, the brunt of the Sun is always on my car, not sure if it makes PPF deteriorate faster.
3) After 3 or 4 years after whatever scratches etc. happens I do a Black Matte PPF on the car, I hope that will hide the scratches.

Please do let me know, what you all think.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th April 2023 at 19:43. Reason: Spacing, typos.
Old 14th April 2023, 14:34   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysdome View Post
I would like to protect it against swirl marks courtesy the car cleaners we have. I do not have an exuberant budget and wud like to keep it at or around 50K.
2. Diamond Hard coating
3. Nothing at all
Congratulations on the new car. First, no form of paint protection or coating can prevent swirls if you don’t wash the car safely. This means looking into contactless rinsing, using multiple mitts when doing a contact foam wash, or going to a professional shop where they know how to wash paint safely.

Do not let your daily cleaner wash it, you can have your driver or helper do it or do it yourself but make sure they have the right equipment and training (you can get cordless pressure washers and leaf blowers in case you don’t have easy access to power and water.)

Coming to PPF, the roll itself will be about 90k+ for a good brand, add in the labour and paint correction from a pro shop and you’re looking at 1.8-2L minimum. Don’t go for the cheap Chinese films as their adhesive can damage your paint in the long run.

Add in all the panel disassembly and debadging needed for a clean install and you can see why many folks avoid it, factory fit and finish is lost. Plus, you still need to put a good ceramic over the PPF if you want the ceramic benefits like self cleaning and water beading properties.

1) P3C Nano Car Shield, never heard of them seems like a startup given their website is defunct and the google maps listing says it’s a solar power company. Also multiple typos in their social media isn’t very confidence inspiring.

2) I’m assuming you mean ceramic coating by this. Yes, look into good ceramic brands and get it done if you want ease of washing and more importantly long lasting paint and UV protection.

3) Would not advise, new cars are coming with thinner and thinner paint from the factory due to cost cutting. If you change cars every 3-4 years then you can probably get away with doing nothing, any longer and paint protection is highly recommended.

Sidenote: if you don’t want machine polishing and are ok with the fine swirls every new car comes with, you can apply a relatively cheap DIY ceramic coating yourself like Carpro CQuartz UK 3.0. Will last you 8-10 months easily (with safe washing).
AJ56 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks