Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2010, 21:16   #31
BHPian

Re: My '71 Ambassador Mark II

Your Amby looks fasntastic, the interiors are brillent, whould you mind sharing how much the door pads costed you and how effective is the rear ac vents.
Old 6th April 2011, 15:41   #32

Hi musicmanaman,
The door pads cost me around Rs.3500 and yes the rear AC vents are very effective.
Because what HM did in Grand was they just took out the front side vent ducts and connected them to the rear console. In my system I have used separate evaporator and fan with independent speed control for rear vents.
Old 6th April 2011, 22:26   #33
BANNED

its the best interior of an ambassador, good and neat job i have seen on an amby. i like to travel in that.

But you could have spared that mark I, instead you could have got an mark iV or an nova itself to mod it. its very rare to get an good looking mark I in these days.

Last edited by rajivanoj : 6th April 2011 at 22:30.
Old 9th April 2011, 12:41   #34
BHPian

A beautiful and tastefully done car Sanjog! But like rajivanoj and so many others think, you could have certainly done this to a later model Amby and spared the '71 model. It is very rare to find one in such almost prestine condition. The transformation is such like that if somebody who hasn't seen or heard of the job sees the car, he would think you have transferred your old number to a new car, hmmm.

And like you say, the interiors are a class apart. I had an ambassador which was a '97 model and it had these power windows like yours. And the dashboard was from the Accent. It kind of looked cool with bucket seats and all. Your car reminds me how we could have done ours better and more suited to the Ambassador's character. Thanks.

Cherio
Champion
Old 18th June 2011, 19:36   #35

Hi everybody,
When I modified my car, I didn't change my headlights. Lucas beams with Foreign Glass which I installed way back in 2001 along with Lispart 90/100 watts H4 bulbs.Even though everyone suggested to put the Lumax flat multi reflector beams which come with the new Amby because they look so good.But the light and focus they produce is nothing compared to mine.Yesterday, I went to buy new Lucas beams because the age has finally taken its toll on the reflectors and was surprised to find that, they are not available in the market anymore. Guys, please suggest any other beam which has good sharp light and focus.
Old 17th January 2014, 17:26   #36
BHPian

The Ambassadors of yesteryear especially the Mark 1 and 2 the Landmaster are a class apart,the exterior design still looks classic. It would have been better if the original exterior were still there.But the interior looks superb.
Old 20th January 2014, 13:45   #37
BHPian

The Mark II is quite rare today and OE pictures shows that the car was in pretty good shape. Great job on the MOD - but it is sad to see another Mark II disappear. The interior door pads are quite nice - are these available off the shelf or did you fabricate them?

We have a 1967 model which is being completely redone. Do you have any of the parts like the OE Mark II grill, monograms, Instrument Panels etc which you would be willing to sell to me. Would be of timely help since I will need to source these anyway.

Have you changed just the door handles or replaced the door itself?
Old 30th January 2014, 15:29   #38
BANNED

Hi
Your car looks beautiful. I have three questions to ask regrading the car. 1. How do you modified braking system(Suspended type)? 2. Did you put new type doors or modified old doors? if modified/new please tell me cost involved. 3. Regarding Hand brake. I am asking these questions because I am having a 1986 ambassador which is due for restoration.

Is it possible to post the costs involved in you project which may help others a lot.

Thanks

S. Das

Last edited by mituadas : 30th January 2014 at 15:33.
Old 1st March 2014, 19:18   #39
Senior - BHPian

At Bangalore , for 59,000/- , this ambassador mark II diesel car is for sale .

http://bangalore.olx.in/antique-amba...-iid-609312513
Attached Thumbnails
My '71 Ambassador Mark II-amby-1973.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2014, 19:57   #40
BHPian

could you please send me some photos of the engine bay, and other sides of the body. I may be interested.
Old 2nd March 2014, 20:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelravin View Post
could you please send me some photos of the engine bay, and other sides of the body. I may be interested.
Noelravin, please contact the advertiser . ask for details by email . Bangalore has many many mark IIs . so bargain hard ! good luck to you .

Last edited by vinay kamath : 2nd March 2014 at 20:10.
Old 7th March 2014, 18:20   #42

Hi
Noelravin,
Thanks for the compliments which have given me a boost.
In response to your quarry I would like to inform that I had replaced the entire doors. The doors of Ambassador Classic have been used.
These are available in Junk markets
Old 7th March 2014, 18:29   #43

Hi,
Mituadas,
Thanks for your positive response,
In my Ambassador The complete doors , suspension and braking system has been changed with the assemblies of latest version available in junk markets.
As far as hand brake is concerned my mechanic was intelligent enough to modify it so that it actually works, as usually it never works in Ambassadors.
I will post the hand brake pics.
Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 09:36   #44
BANNED

Hi
Sanjog

Thanks for reply.
Can you please post which car's Centre Handbrake lever and Cable is exact fit Ambassador.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks