Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2009, 20:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

@ sumeethaldankar - Thanks for your responses , on which car do you have the FFE fixed? Also have you seen changes in the FE after the instalation. I observed an increase in the FE after installation on K&N and FFE.

@anshuman - About the PUC thing , mine failed because of some breakage in the silencer joint , the test immediately got through the moment i got it fixed.The problem these days is that PUC has gone online ( maybe not in gurgaon ) and the PUC guy gets fired if he just copy pastes the Co'2 content.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
@ sumeethaldankar - Thanks for your responses , on which car do you have the FFE fixed? Also have you seen changes in the FE after the instalation. I observed an increase in the FE after installation on K&N and FFE.

@anshuman - About the PUC thing , mine failed because of some breakage in the silencer joint , the test immediately got through the moment i got it fixed.The problem these days is that PUC has gone online ( maybe not in gurgaon ) and the PUC guy gets fired if he just copy pastes the Co'2 content.
I have a 800 with a carb engine.FE has more or less remained the same as my car is mostly driven short distances and within city limits.Contrary to the belief that FFE causes low FE my mileage has more or less remained the same as i tend to avoid ripping beyond 3500 rpm.

Also i would like to add i have never ever failed a PUC test even after getting the FFE.I have checked PUC at proper authorised stations and i have cleared that as well.
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:30   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

A FFE would fail the PUC only if its a complete FFE job where Cat-Con is removed unlike similar sounding Muffler bolt on job sometimes misrepresented as FFE job.
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Well my car has a Automech setup and i never had a cat con in the stock exhaust as well.It's a 97 model, you could buy a car w/o a cat con in those days.I always make it a point to have the engine tuned up 1st before going in for a PUC.
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:40   #20
BHPian

I have a FFE set up since a while now and never ever had a PUC certification problem, even without the Cat Con.

The emissions are totally under control!

@Harish - Dude where did you get the FFE from? Sorry if I missed, but are you running a Cat Con. Where did you get the pipes repaired from?

Lastly, where do you get your car serviced from?
Old 23rd December 2009, 05:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
I have a FFE set up since a while now and never ever had a PUC certification problem, even without the Cat Con.

The emissions are totally under control!

@Harish - Dude where did you get the FFE from? Sorry if I missed, but are you running a Cat Con. Where did you get the pipes repaired from?

Lastly, where do you get your car serviced from?
I got the FFE installed from CP about 3 years back. This guy ( poojit from Ministry of Speed {MOS} helped me in getting it installed along with a K&N ).

I got the K&N from Auto Zone ( Patel nagar ) and the FFE from the same CP guy ( It seemed that he was quite famous for it as i saw almost 5 cars at that time waiting to get the FFE job done ).

I got the pipes repaired from Karol Bagh ( i've got it done a couple of times from him ).

My car from day 1 has been serviced by DD Motors ( Maya puri ) and has no spare part etc from local mechs except the left axle - BTW why did you ask this ques?
Old 23rd December 2009, 09:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Harish I had a small question, Yesterday i went in for a PUC check and the values that i found was

Recomended Max ----------------Actual
CO -------3----------------------- 0.3

Particles 1500 ---------------------565

My question is mine is a 2000 Model lancer and i am sure the cat con is choked. I was planning to get the cat con bypassed but was unsure wether my car will clear the PUC but now after this test it seams it will clear.

Harish just to let you know when i had my esteem in Delhi similar thing happened to me. I went in for a PUC at one of the Petrol pump at CP and they said the car will not clear as the oil was more(to be honest i didnt understand)

Then i went to a PP at mahilpalpur and they immediately checked and cleared my car. Mahipal pur is in delhi so there is no point that their caliberations might be different. Since getting a PUC in delhi is getting stringent i feel these PUC checking centers are reaping the benifits.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 23rd December 2009 at 09:20.
Old 24th December 2009, 02:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Harish I had a small question, Yesterday i went in for a PUC check and the values that i found was

Recomended Max ----------------Actual
CO -------3----------------------- 0.3

Particles 1500 ---------------------565

My question is mine is a 2000 Model lancer and i am sure the cat con is choked. I was planning to get the cat con bypassed but was unsure wether my car will clear the PUC but now after this test it seams it will clear.

Harish just to let you know when i had my esteem in Delhi similar thing happened to me. I went in for a PUC at one of the Petrol pump at CP and they said the car will not clear as the oil was more(to be honest i didnt understand)

Then i went to a PP at mahilpalpur and they immediately checked and cleared my car. Mahipal pur is in delhi so there is no point that their caliberations might be different. Since getting a PUC in delhi is getting stringent i feel these PUC checking centers are reaping the benifits.

Pramod
Well , it's become stringent now due to the online thing otherwise if you go on the NH8 you can find temporary PUC checking Maruti Vans issuing those certificate to anyone and everyone. I'm not even sure if those are valid or not.

Most of the people i know have never got the PUC checked for their cars for years and have not even been caught ( lucky them ) and neither is there any awareness about the same ( especially in Delhi ).

Even i don't understand what he meant by the statement "oil is more" , oil is more where?
Old 24th December 2009, 08:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
In the last picture as you can see very clearly that the FFE is coming outside the bumper boundary thus causing a risk if i get rear ended ( which has happened in the past ) and the joints break.
True, this is one big disadvantage of the rear mufler jetting out a bit. Its not only when some one crashes into you, its also when you try to reverse park or reverse turn. Even a small intensity bump can dislodge the set up, causing the exhaust to blow. I had a S/S powerflow exhaust on one of my cars and damaged it while reversing . I missed half a foot divider/barricade in the night at a petrol station. Cost me £175 to fix the damage. More than the actual damage, I think the labour was more expensive lol

Good you sorted your PUC out, I should get mine also checked. Also, may be you could have asked the exhaust guy to cut about 3-4 inches of the pipe. The end of muffler could be aligned to the bumper. An eye opener for many to keep a watch on their emmission check since the cat-con is removed.
Old 26th December 2009, 15:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
True, this is one big disadvantage of the rear mufler jetting out a bit. Its not only when some one crashes into you, its also when you try to reverse park or reverse turn. Even a small intensity bump can dislodge the set up, causing the exhaust to blow. I had a S/S powerflow exhaust on one of my cars and damaged it while reversing . I missed half a foot divider/barricade in the night at a petrol station. Cost me £175 to fix the damage. More than the actual damage, I think the labour was more expensive lol

Good you sorted your PUC out, I should get mine also checked. Also, may be you could have asked the exhaust guy to cut about 3-4 inches of the pipe. The end of muffler could be aligned to the bumper. An eye opener for many to keep a watch on their emmission check since the cat-con is removed.
I went to the FFE guy in CP today to take some consultation to push the FFE in however before that i realised that my K&N's hook on which it was installed ( made manually by the same guy ) had broken and i needed to get it fixed.

Upon asking about cutting the exhaust by 2-3 inches he said its not advisable as the exhaust would not look good however he told me that i could install a smaller pipe connected to the exhaust and that would move the Exhaust in by about 2 inches. His option sounded good but he asked for Rs 700 which sounded little high to me so i just got my K&N fixed and came back. I might go to Karol bagh to check the same option as now i know what needs to be done.

Here are few pics of me getting the K&N fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
FFE problems and solutions-photo0776.jpg  

FFE problems and solutions-photo0777.jpg  

FFE problems and solutions-photo0778.jpg  

FFE problems and solutions-photo0779.jpg  

FFE problems and solutions-photo0780.jpg  

FFE problems and solutions-photo0781.jpg  

FFE problems and solutions-photo0782.jpg  

FFE problems and solutions-photo0783.jpg  

FFE problems and solutions-photo0784.jpg  

FFE problems and solutions-photo0785.jpg  

FFE problems and solutions-photo0786.jpg  

FFE problems and solutions-photo0787.jpg  

FFE problems and solutions-photo0788.jpg  

Old 26th December 2009, 17:17   #26
BHPian

Hi Harish, my fault. I just noticed that the pipe behind your rear muffler is at an angle. Hence a cut of 2-3 inches may not be possible just behind the muffler ( I did not intend that the muffler has to be cut ! ). It should still be possibe to cut out a 2-3 inches of straight pipe, somewere along the length of the exhaust piping to ensure that your muffler aligns with the bumper. This work in my opinion should ony cost around 300rs.

Ps. OT, I think your K&N needs cleaning too.

Last edited by vdiatech : 26th December 2009 at 17:20.
Old 26th December 2009, 20:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Harish, my fault. I just noticed that the pipe behind your rear muffler is at an angle. Hence a cut of 2-3 inches may not be possible just behind the muffler ( I did not intend that the muffler has to be cut ! ). It should still be possibe to cut out a 2-3 inches of straight pipe, somewere along the length of the exhaust piping to ensure that your muffler aligns with the bumper. This work in my opinion should ony cost around 300rs.

Ps. OT, I think your K&N needs cleaning too.
Yes , correct you got it right. The K&N also needs some cleaning however i'm unable to get the chemical to clean it.
Old 26th December 2009, 21:26   #28
BHPian

Harish, you can PM a few fellow Bhpians from around your place to check where they source it from . Or you can check with some tuners/mechanics. They charge per cleaning a lot cheaper compared to the price of the kit.
Old 26th December 2009, 21:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Harish, you can PM a few fellow Bhpians from around your place to check where they source it from . Or you can check with some tuners/mechanics. They charge per cleaning a lot cheaper compared to the price of the kit.
I checked with the same guy and he said i'll have to place the order for the chemical which would cost around Rs 1700- Rs 2000 and the charge per cleaning was around rs 450 but he suggested me to for the entire bottle as it would go a long way.

I might go for the bottle when i plan my trip to leh when the roads open. BTW i have not got it cleaned since i got it installed ( it has not been cleaned for 60k kms now ).
Old 26th December 2009, 22:27   #30
BHPian

You have set a fine example for those who trash K&N out and proved that it indeed goes a long way ....!

Also, if you clean ony once every 60K kms, why buy the entire kit ? lol, just kidding yaar

I know it says FFE, but do you have the stock headers or a FF one ? I ask because of the heat shield set up, which looks stock. If its a FF headers, then good set up !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks